Sign in to follow this  
ODST117

Question about being sexually active

Unless you are married to one woman, then yes, being sexually active is bad. God considers it a sin, but it is not a sin that cannot be washed away. God is willing to forgive you, if you are willing to repent and make a brand-new start. Outside of a deep, carefully considered relationship and the bonds of marriage, and the bonds of marriage, every sexual activity can be counted as lust, not true love.

Besides the spiritual consequences of premarital sexual activity, it also carries a high risk of physical damage, including about 40 or so STDs.

Mental and emotional consequences also occur:

The sex act between any two people bonds them at the spiritual level. This is why Christ said that a man would leave his parents and "cleave" to his wife. This is why both marriage and divorce are seen in a very serious light, one to be carefully considered, the other to ideally never happen.

And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female, 5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Matt 19:4-6 (KJV)

The "one flesh" here, refers to the physical union of man and woman. The sexual act is God's physical seal of marriage, an intimate confirmation of Holy Matrimony: the joining of two formerly separate lives into one, forever after. When a person has sex with more than one person, they spread pieces of themselves around, creating bonds with different people, and weakening them all.

The good news is this: God can restore your life so that you have a full and abundant life in Him. He won't change the past, but He can take away any hurt or guilt you may have, making good come out of a bad choice. He can restore your relationships with people, ones you may never thought you could approach and look in the eye again. All you have to do is ask Him to do so.

The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

1 Cor 6:13b (ESV)

Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a prostitute? Never! 16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a prostitute becomes one body with her? For, as it is written, “The two will become one flesh.†17 But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. 18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 Cor 6:15-20 (ESV)

As with every other sin, sexual sins separate one from God and His Salvation, until the one who did those things repents.

The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.â€

Rev 21:7-8 (ESV)

But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

Rev 21:27 (ESV)

However, as I said before, God has the solution:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:9 (ESV)

I hope this helps you. Far be it from me to condemn you--I have tried to show you the way out, should you need or want it. If you wish to talk, feel free to PM me.

Short answer: Monogamy and abstinence are acceptable from a Christian perspective. Promiscuity and polygamy are not.

Im an 18 year old christian but I have been sexually active on several occasions, is that bad?[/b]

Uh.... A simple answer, Yes it wrong as a Christian (or not) to be sexually active because you are not married.... Thats it I think.

Yes, it is wrong to be sexually active before marriage. Just like in the previous posts, whether you are a Christian or not it is wrong. This, just like any other sin, needs to be turned over to God and asked for forgivness of. I am not trying to bash you in any way brother. I just want to see you in a right relationship with God! Please get things right with Him ASAP and things will begin to improve if you just let God have the controls of your life.

dont listen to other people...just use protection, dont get anyone pregnant or catch or contract an STD, and god still loves ya!

Hold your horses man!!!!! How can you make such a response when Scripture strictly speaks out about sexual immorality?

Here are some passages just to name a few:

Matthew 15:19- For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual

immorality, theft, false testimony, slander

Mark 7:21- For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual

immorality, theft, murder, adultery......

1 Cor. 6:18- Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are

outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body

Galatians 5:19- The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality,

impurity and debauchery;

Ephesians 5:3- But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality,

or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's

holy people.

Now, this does not mean in any way that one cannot be forgiven of such an act. I know people in my life that have done things in their past that they wish that they could take back such as sex before marriage. Yet, one should abstain from this behavior because it is utterly wrong. Anyone that says that it is not is acting contrary to what Scripture tells us. Follow God and His Word in all things. Double check what a fellow man tells you out of council with what Scripture says. If it is something that is contray to Scirpture, then do not follow through on that advice. Whether they notice it or not, they are leading one astray.

Hold your horses man!!!!! How can you make such a response when Scripture strictly speaks out about sexual immorality?

He has to defend that position because he is sexually active and not married.

dont listen to other people...just use protection, dont get anyone pregnant or catch or contract an STD, and god still loves ya!

Dude how do you stay alive xD

Sign in to follow this