Sign in to follow this  
Sinnerman

Transsexual Jesus sparks protests.

"This is... just disgusting"

what's so disgusting about it? The Jesus part or the transsexual part?[/b]

The Son of God being a transsexual part. =P

OK, the transsexual part. The idea of an operation like that is gross to me, and it doesn't seem to show much trust in God to

decide that He didn't even give you the right gender.

Its not like any artistic interpretation of jesus is correct. For example: It seems every painting of Jesus portrays him as white.[/b]

I do agree with this. I mean Jesus is always pictured as a God like figure. Which I know he was God in Human form...but he was still human. Not just any human a carpenter, he should have been pretty hard looking. Still his gentleness, just not what most art portrays him as...

Oh and I find that fact that some one could possibly say that Jesus is a Transsexual. I mean God chose the gender he gave you so you shouldn't change, and Jesus was deffinately not going to go against what God had made himself...

How do you know Jesus wasn't a transexual?[/b]

Mostly because gender change operations are a fairly recent development. Or because I can't really see Jesus being insecure about his gender.

Well, obviously, some Christians find a twisted sense of self-gratification in being offended.

Wasn't there another controversy a few years ago about a female who played Jesus? :/[/b]

I remember there was one which portrayed Jesus and the disciples as some sort of homosexual commune... :/

Because Xenu was totally a transexual.

My thetans don't like you.[/b]

LOL. Scientology is quite epic when it comes to phail

Well, obviously, some Christians find a twisted sense of self-gratification in being offended.[/b]

:rolleyes:

What a baseless assertion

How do you know?[/b]

He doesn't. Bland assertion fallacy is logical gold when it comes to mpok's posts

So Jesus doesn't have a sense oF humor? I wonder why some people wishes to suck the living joy and funny in the world.... Such banality!

Isnt all religion blindly assertive?

Art is always pushing the limits; heck, back in the day, you'd have to disguise social commentary and governmental philosophy as literature or the king or pope would cut your head off.

Even Jesus has a sense of humor.[/b]
How do you know?[/b]
So Jesus doesn't have a sense oF humor? I wonder why some people wishes to suck the living joy and funny in the world.... Such banality![/b]

ROFL.

Paging AquinasD. This may be a new sig!

So you think Jesus never laughed? If so a He musta been a callos person...

Callous[/b]

redherring2.jpg

Do you notice anything funny about that herring?

Art is always pushing the limits; heck, back in the day, you'd have to disguise social commentary and governmental philosophy as literature or the king or pope would cut your head off.[/b]

There's a difference between pushing limits for art and pushing limits just for the sake of pushing limits.

So Jesus never once laughed is what you're saying?

You're honestly telling me Jesus didn't have a sense of humor.[/b]

... Oh my word mpok. I sincerely hope you're joking.

Just... read what's been said. Don't misrepresent me. Don't bring up red herrings. Learn what a fallacy is.

it has the haunted look of a man with nothing left to lose[/b]

I lol'd irl

I haven't read most of the comments here but I will presume that many follow along the lines of "Jesus wasn't transexual because he was God!" or "Jesus had a sense of humour as well"

Both of those comments marginalize transexuals, there's nothing funny about depicting Jesus as a transexual, just as there's nothing funny about depicting Jesus as a woman or gay man or black man. There's nothing disrespectful about it because there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a woman or gay man or black man or transexual, these motifs expose severe justice issues and prejudices that people will hold.

Josh

I haven't read most of the comments here but I will presume that many follow along the lines of "Jesus wasn't transexual because he was God!" or "Jesus had a sense of humour as well"

Both of those comments marginalize transexuals, there's nothing funny about depicting Jesus as a transexual, just as there's nothing funny about depicting Jesus as a woman or gay man or black man. There's nothing disrespectful about it because there's absolutely nothing wrong with being a woman or gay man or black man or transexual, these motifs expose severe justice issues and prejudices that people will hold.

Josh[/b]

But depicting Jesus as a transsexual still portrays Jesus as a person who was insecure about his sexuality or gender, and would then pursue what he wanted to be instead of what God wanted him to be.

But depicting Jesus as a transsexual still portrays Jesus as a person who was insecure about his sexuality or gender, and would then pursue what he wanted to be instead of what God wanted him to be.[/b]

Why is that necessarily true? Portraying Jesus as a sexual being is portraying Jesus as a human being. Portraying Jesus as an insecure being is portraying Jesus as the figure praying in Gethsemane. Portraying Jesus as a man who likes to party and drink is portraying Jesus as the NT does, this does not mean that he wasn't doing what God wanted him to do because Yahweh called for very many feasts of drinking and dancing in the OT. So if God is not about not enjoying ones humanity and Jesus did enjoy his humanity, and being a human being is being a sexual being and being a human being is being an insecure being then there is absolutely no reason why portraying Jesus as a transexual would not be equivelant to portraying Jesus as a human being.

Josh