Sign in to follow this  
chris94

Clothes

This is a little weird, but i know there has to be other guys out there that have these same thoughts...

1. Do you think it is Biblically ok to be around other guys (that you are not related to) in just underwear (of any kind) or less? (by this, i mean like when you have friends over for the night, some people choose to sleep in very light or no clothing, and i want to know if this is ok.)

2. Is it ok for guys to go "skinny dipping" around each other or alone? (and i do not mean any of this in a homosexual way, i just mean that i live in the south US and it tends to get really hot during the summer, and it just feels a lot better and more comfortable to ditch the clothes and just jump in the pool or whatever, even if there are other guys around).

Please help me decide on whether these are ok or not... and please, if possible, provide Biblical evidence to support your answer(s). Thanks so much!

1.) Yes I do believe it's okay to be naked or close to naked around other guys. I don't have a verse to back it up (I vaguely remember reading one about not being ashamed of one's nakedness...I think), but God created us how we are so why should we be ashamed of it?

Besides which, as guys we all have the same parts so it shouldn't be a big deal.

2.) Refer to answer #1. Pretty much, skinny dipping is okay as long as you don't develop an attraction to the guys your swimming with.

If you ever want to talk with me about anything, you are more than welcome to send me an IM, e-mail, or PM. You don't have anything to worry about dude. ;)

I tend to agree with McDawg on this. As long as you aren't attracted to other guys, neither of those things should be problems.

Also, if you wish to talk, just PM me, k?

Cheers!

Living in the Dorm at my school, and it getting warm at night (from Texas ;) ) I tend to sleep in very little clothing. At first it was awkward for me, because I was not used to sharing a room, but now its fine with me. there's nothing wrong with it at all.

I'd have no problems chilling in boxers and a white tee in front of dudes, or chicks, or hermaphrodites. But there is not a chance that I would ever go skinny dipping with other dudes, ever.

its just being proud of what god gave me! a body is nothing to be ashamed about. after i did a naked run during the first rain at my college...I was never embarrassed about my body ever again. It was a godly and freeing experience.

Hey !

I believe both are absolutely fine.

(This part may not apply to you but I just thought id throw it in )

If you take part in either of the two and get sexual urges stop even though you are not sinning you may be tempted to sin.

Hey !

I believe both are absolutely fine.

(This part may not apply to you but I just thought id throw it in )

If you take part in either of the two and get sexual urges stop even though you are not sinning you may be tempted to sin.

Ditto. Do not put yourself in a tempting spot.

lol I'll put this straight out. I did one year of University and we had some crazy guys (Christian school though) and being a guys dorm, there was some nakedness running around our wing.

University dorm with 4 other guys, and a roommate that doesn't sleep anyway but with just boxers or naked, I don't look, so I don't know for sure, but I can say its no big deal for me, it may be a deal for other guys though since we all have our weaknesses

HAHA, I'm sorry, but I have been stripped down in front of 30+ men at my MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Station). If you are "gun shy" or "shy" at all, you'll lose that once you go to MEPS, because then you realize, your going to be seen by many others of the same sex in boxers, and naked at times. Just have to accept it and move on.

I think it depends on the people you are being around. Yes, it's generally ok to be... close to naked around other guys, but some people may feel uncomfortable with it, e.g. those struggling with SSA and self image.

No rational reason to avoid being naked around other guys. Why would being naked infront of men on land be any different from in the sea? Why single out men at all? Being naked in front of anyone should be your question. People place too much on gender, not enough of the fact it's another perons.

I, personally, would be very shy to be around other guys in little or no clothing. Maybe it's an inferiority issue, but it's a little awkward.

As to your question, as everybody has said before, as long as there's no attraction or (dare I say it) homolust, it's fine.

This is a little weird, but i know there has to be other guys out there that have these same thoughts...

1. Do you think it is Biblically ok to be around other guys (that you are not related to) in just underwear (of any kind) or less? (by this, i mean like when you have friends over for the night, some people choose to sleep in very light or no clothing, and i want to know if this is ok.)

2. Is it ok for guys to go "skinny dipping" around each other or alone? (and i do not mean any of this in a homosexual way, i just mean that i live in the south US and it tends to get really hot during the summer, and it just feels a lot better and more comfortable to ditch the clothes and just jump in the pool or whatever, even if there are other guys around).

Please help me decide on whether these are ok or not... and please, if possible, provide Biblical evidence to support your answer(s). Thanks so much!

1\ The only thing I can tell you that I know comes from the bible is to be careful. I don't know your friends, but if one of them is gay, it is obvious you should not be in light clothes because this will probably attract him to you. Just being obvious.

2\ Skinny dipping can be fun and refreshing, but can also be dangerous. This can cause your public testimony to hit the floor. Just ask yourself: Am I glorifying God by this? Is this necessary? Is it causing my spirit to receive any blemish? Is it harming others? Has anyone seen me doing this?

Sign in to follow this