Sign in to follow this  
Sacracan

(How many times) have you read the Bible?

How many times have you read the Bible from *cover to cover*?  

1. 1. How many times have you read the Bible from *cover to cover*?

• Christian. Not even once. Why? I'm just very lazy... (or the unlikely) I'm *very* new to the faith.
    • Christian. Once. YAY!
    • Christian. Two or three times. Serious business.
    • Christian. Four or five times. Why, yes, I know the genealogy of Jesus!
    • Christian. Six or more. What would you like me to quote?
    • Non-Christian. Not once. So?
    • Non-Christian. One to three times. Good for you then...
    • Non-Christian. Four or more. Ehm? I can't think of anything...

Guest FirefromtheEast

I`m Hindu and I have not read the entire Bible (cover-to-cover). I`ve read most of the New Testament and parts of the Old Testament.

I do plan on reading the whole thing.

Christian

I've read all of it once, and I've read the NT twice as well as a few NT books more often that that.

I'm Christian and a theology graduate. I've read it around 10 or 11 times (6 times in Romanian and 4 or 5 times in English). Now I'm much more interested in reading expanded canons and the source codexes and manuscripts which textual critics use to translate the bible. I'm interested in how Sinaiticus differs from Alexandrinus, for instance. I wish that translators were more interested in providing these sources as complete translated documents. :)

Josh

Non-Christian. Never read it cover to cover. I've read the NT several times though and I was going to read it cover to cover but I gave up somewhere in Isiah.

I'm a Christian, and I've only read it once (I'm on my second go). I know that sounds bad. I'm lazy and I'm quite a new Christian (about 18 months...). Yep.

I've never read it "cover to cover" however I have done a reading plan that was the whole bible. So once. But i have read the new testament at least 2 times. I've been a christian 3 years, so yeah haha :)

Hah, I stopped at... Leviticus. ;P

But I've read the Wisdom books [psalms, proverbs, and ecclesiastes] several times. And most of the NT, probably.

I'm lazy.

christian. Never read it all the way through.

when I was homeschooled my mom forced me to copy chapters from genesis into a notebook, then memorize five or six verses before she'd let me come inside. Our school room was outside in the porch.

I'm a Christian, and I have read the Bible four times in my life. Once when I was much younger and three times in three years (since my Junior year in high school).

Guest HopelessDreamer

Christian. Not even once. (I'm working on it, though. On Exodus chapter 10. Every Sunday, I read it all through Service (almost) until time to go. =p)

To be honest, I don't think I've read it cover to cover yet. I jump between the different books a lot, though.

I always get stuck in the prophetic books, and then I think I need to read a few more of the epistles, but I'm getting there.

I've tried several times, can't get past genesis when God says that women must serve under men.

I have read many parts though, through years of catholic school.

Christian. I've read the whole thing once, with a 'Bible in a Year' course.

I was considering reading it all again in 2010, but I think I'll just read theology books instead.

I was considering reading it all again in 2010, but I think I'll just read theology books instead.[/b]

Good idea. Theologians and biblical scholars are important to read otherwise we will have no experts opinions on how we interpret the bible.

Josh