Sign in to follow this  
Leksea

Hockey

So I thought it was about time for a thread about the NHL hockey season. What do you think about the teams this year? How's your favorite team playing?

Pens are playing pretty well so far when they actually play all 60 minutes. And I'm really hoping that the Lightning will make it into the playoffs. You never know.

How about you guys?

We don't get many Leafs games here. Actually, if it's not a Penguins game we usually don't get any games at all <_<

We don't get many Leafs games here. Actually, if it's not a Penguins game we usually don't get any games at all <_<[/b]

You Americans and your lack of hockey. We get all the games, bwahaha.

lol Ronald. They beat the Habs, finally.[/b]

With Mcdonald in net! How did that happen? Hopefully he plays well tonight, hes starting. (third string. Gustavson is out with heart problems)

You Americans and your lack of hockey. We get all the games, bwahaha.[/b]

Tell me about it. And the announcers here are terrible. Just last night they said about the Hurricanes, "Well you really have to ask, do you want to win games, or do you mind losing a few? Cause if your not going to make the playoffs, you might as well lose and get the first draft pick." Really?! Okay guys, just give up. Who needs the Stanley Cup, we have the first draft pick!

Anyway, we lost last night to the Hurricanes, who got their first road win. Legacy was pretty great for them in net last night. What do guys think of Fleury? Personally, I don't think he's as great as everyone thinks he is. He's too unpredictable and let's in way too many soft goals. But I'm just wondering what non-Pittsburgh point of views are?

my favs r:

Capitals,Devils,And Rangers

Caps r on FIRE!! they have been doin real well!!

Devils same Marty Brodeur just got shut out 103 he needs 1 more 2 beat the record!! :D

Rangers yeaa no they have sucked this year idk what the heck is up with them! i also like the red wings they have sooo many people out on IR its crazy-ness

^ The Capitals are a good team. Haha, the rivalry between Ovechkin and Crosby is crazy. I personally think Ovechkin is a really good player ( but don't let any other pens fans hear me say that :P ). Yeah, the Rangers just haven't really got it this year. Pens beat the Flyers last night. I still can't believe the Flyers got rid of R.J. Umburger... We play them again tomorrow I think...

I'm a huge Philadelphia Flyers fan!!! We are currently in a major slump. So many rumors going around about why, which is pathetic to me. They're just not playing up to their caliber. Playing the Pens again tonight, so here's to handing them another win!

Umberger has been gone since the end of the 2008 season. He was awesome. I'm sad over Upshall, Lupul, and Sbisa. I'm worried that with another loss tonight, there'll be a trade tomorrow.

^ The Capitals are a good team. Haha, the rivalry between Ovechkin and Crosby is crazy. I personally think Ovechkin is a really good player ( but don't let any other pens fans hear me say that :P ). Yeah,[/b]

There really isn't a rivalry, the American media just likes to make it seem that way :P

I'm not a Caps fan but my prediction is that they will win the cup this year.

I'll be at the Leaf vs Buffalo game tomorrow!!

I'm not a Caps fan but my prediction is that they will win the cup this year.

I'll be at the Leaf vs Buffalo game tomorrow!![/b]

You live in Toronto?

There really isn't a rivalry, the American media just likes to make it seem that way :P[/b]

I don't know about that. Maybe not directly between Crosby and Ovechkin, but definitely between the pens against Ovechkin and the Capitals against Crosby. Pens game against the the Sabres tonight!

Habs haven't been doing too good lately. With the previous five-game slump, no one has been particularly hot for the Canadiens, other than Andrei Kostitsyn, who has five goals and two assists in his last five games, including two against Atlanta on Dec. 12... This month alone we only won 3 out of 8 games so far.

Anyone watching the game tonight against the Trashers?

^ I'll be watching the pens vs. Devils game tonight, but not that one.[/b]

Well, the Devils are leading in terms of rank points but I think the pens will probably win.

------

The game just ended and I gotta say, it was extremely close. Habs won 4 to 3 against the Trashers.

The stars of the game went to:

1. Jaroslav Halak

2. Tomas Plekanec

3. Nik Antropov

^I like Armstrong so I was secretly cheering for the Thrashers :P . But in the Pens vs. Devils game, New Jersey crushed us. 4-0. But I actually wasn't that mad because Broduer beat the record for the most shut outs. He's a great goalie so who couldn't cheer for him? But it just had to be against us...

^I like Armstrong so I was secretly cheering for the Thrashers :P . But in the Pens vs. Devils game, New Jersey crushed us. 4-0. But I actually wasn't that mad because Broduer beat the record for the most shut outs. He's a great goalie so who couldn't cheer for him? But it just had to be against us...[/b]

Yeah, I think the habs got kind of lucky. I'm surprised the Devils crushed you guys though- I had high hopes for the pens.

Anybody watching the Habs VS. the Maple Leafs on the 26th (tomorrow)? I sure hope the Habs win that one, we really need a comeback or something lol.

Yeah, I think the habs got kind of lucky. I'm surprised the Devils crushed you guys though- I had high hopes for the pens.

Anybody watching the Habs VS. the Maple Leafs on the 26th (tomorrow)? I sure hope the Habs win that one, we really need a comeback or something lol.[/b]

You bet I will be.

Saddd, I'm sorry to hear about that man ;) (kidding)... But for real, Habs are barely doing better than the Leafs right now, I find it rather sad.