Sign in to follow this  
Leksea

Hockey

I'm a Hawks and Avs fan. The Avs, like usual, aren't doing so hot but the Hawks on the other hand are on fire! They play the Wild tonight. Hoping they can pull to 7-0.

Penguins @ Rangers at 7. Hoping for a win.

Christians and Hockey fighting opinions????? I struggle with this alot.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Penguins winning 1-0 after 1 period!

The Hawks lost another close one to the Canucks in a SO. Typical Crawford, losing in the big games. Playing Calgary tonight. Hoping for a win (which shouldn't be too hard considering the Avs just beat them 6-3 a few nights ago) What do you mean? Are you asking if it's okay to fight during hockey? If so, I'd say yes, because it's an entertainment factor and is usually well controlled.

The Hawks lost another close one to the Canucks in a SO. Typical Crawford, losing in the big games. Playing Calgary tonight. Hoping for a win (which shouldn't be too hard considering the Avs just beat them 6-3 a few nights ago) What do you mean? Are you asking if it's okay to fight during hockey? If so, I'd say yes, because it's an entertainment factor and is usually well controlled.

My question was to is it OK to encourage fighting from a Christian standpoint? Because the bible tells us not to fight, and it is out of anger alot in hockey, so is it OK?

I don't feel like it's a big deal. It's become part of the game and it really doesn't happen too often. It's usually less then once per game and is usually the same people. Also, a lot of the times it is in defense of a teammate that may have taken a dirty hit or something like that. Like just last night when the Hawks decimated the Coyotes, it was the first time the Hawks had played against Raffi Torres since he put Hossa on a stretcher in the playoffs last year. I anticipated and enjoyed when Torres and Mayers dropped the gloves. So, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. It's not like you see them going out off the ice fighting people. That's just my opinion though.

Jon bones Jones wears a Scripture on his pants during every fight. Nice fella.

And Go Leafs Go, yet again.

Hawks are 10-0-2. Extremely happy with them. Wish I could say the same for the Avs though. They are winning as I type this but who knows how it will end. Hopefully with them on top so they can get closer to being above .500