Sign in to follow this  
WinglessIceAngel

Any gay guys here?

Gay thread is gay. Thank you, Captain Obvious![/b]

Put it b/c people getting onto me in the other thread for saying the thread is gay, hence the reason I came and put this one is literally gay.

I'm gay. Steph's just a cover up.

A really, really attractive cover up.[/b]

*gasp*

oh lawd!

I'm gay. Steph's just a cover up.

A really, really attractive cover up.[/b]

You act like its a surprise O_O

Attracted to guys, not girls, but don't act on it because I feel doing so would be unbiblical. I think "gay" is a pretty oppressive label honestly, and I don't adhere to it. But I'm very comfortable with my decision and have faith God will provide me with a fulfilling life even if not sexually. And hey, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask or PM. I'm very open to chatting about it.

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands! If you're happy and you know it clap your hands! If you're happy and you know it then your face will surely show it, if you're happy and you know it clap your hands!

I am straight. (I posted here for no reason.)

My uncle is gay. He goes to church, is on the Board of Directors, pretty much one of the most secure, happiest men I know, even though his childhood was horrible.

He has a friend that is openly gay, except the only thing he does is go to church Wednesdays, Sundays, Sunday nights, and sees a pyschologist 3 days a week, because he doesn't want to go against God, and he keeps wanting God to make him, ungay I guess.

He's sixty nine.

Has been alone all his life except for when he was thirty and had a girlfriend for 3 months.

His mother told him when he was a teenager that if he ever had any relationship with a man that God would cut his fingers off so he could never play piano in Heaven. So cruel. I don't know if you can actually play piano in Heaven, but just telling that to someone is horrible.

She also told him to basically suck it up and go ahead and find a woman to marry. That, to me, however, seems like cheating. Even though not physically, he's still not giving himself to that woman fully, and in a sense is lying to her.

I don't think homosexuality is right, but I also think you shouldn't be miserable your entire life.

He was "asked to leave" by a preacher once, because he was gay, and the preacher told him that he was a hypocrit by calling himself a Christian yet still asking God to forgive him for being gay, which I thought was rude. The way I see it, even though he finds men attractive and wants relationships with them, he doesn't act on it. And he's not mad with the Lord. He just wants to do everything he can to live right and live for God, and that to me is an amazing thing.

i am new here and this topic caught my eye.

though i have definitely had some thoughts about other men through some moments in my life, i definitely know that i am straight.

i personally do not believe that a person can be both a homosexual and a christian. i guess i am saying a man who acts on his homosexual temptations. the Bible says that having the temptations is not a sin, but acting on those temptations is when it becomes a sin.

i know a man who was once gay, but he met a strong christian couple. through teaching and attending church for a period of time, he began to understand that he was living in sin. since he realized this, he stopped acting on his homosexual thoughts. he still has those thoughts and temptations sometimes, but because he chooses to not act on them and live for God, i believe that he is now living a good Christian life.

these are my thoughts. i will not post anymore in this thread so i do not turn this into a debate. below i have put a few scripture references. all are from the new international version. these are only a few.

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders" 1 Corinthians 6:9

Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." Leviticus 18:22

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." Leviticus 20:13

i also want to clarify that i am not writing this to put anyone down. i love all people, including homosexuals and anyone living in sin. i love them as Christ loved me when i was in sin. and He still does even though i still fail sometimes. I love all and pray for all to know Christ and learn what is truly right and wrong in God's eyes.

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." Leviticus 20:13[/b]

It's stuff like that I don't understand.

Murder is wrong, but someone should be put to death for being homosexual and acting on it?

i personally do not believe that a person can be both a homosexual and a christian.[/b]

I'm straight, but I have to say, that's a bit ridiculous. Anyone can be a Christian. No one stops sinning because they become a Christian. Am I saying homosexuality isn't clearly stated as a sin? Absolutely not. It is, however, no worse than anything any of the rest of us have done. No one sin keeps you further away from God than any other. A sin's a sin. Simple as that. So before you say which people can't be Christians, think about that time you lied to your mom, or that time you slipped up and used God's name in vain.

"Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God." - Romans 15:7

It's stuff like that I don't understand.

Murder is wrong, but someone should be put to death for being homosexual and acting on it?[/b]

God authored Scripture to say that specifically because He didn't create anyone as homosexuals--regardless of how much they think they were born or intended to be that way.

I'm straight, but I have to say, that's a bit ridiculous. Anyone can be a Christian. No one stops sinning because they become a Christian. Am I saying homosexuality isn't clearly stated as a sin? Absolutely not. It is, however, no worse than anything any of the rest of us have done. No one sin keeps you further away from God than any other. A sin's a sin. Simple as that. So before you say which people can't be Christians, think about that time you lied to your mom, or that time you slipped up and used God's name in vain.[/b]

You're exactly right: a sin is a sin. That means, when anyone (myself included) sins (homosexuality, lying, stealing, etc), they cease to be a Christian until they repent and ask forgiveness for that sin.

1Co 6:9-10 GW

(9) Don't you know that wicked people won't inherit the kingdom of God? Stop deceiving yourselves! People who continue to commit sexual sins, who worship false gods, those who commit adultery, homosexuals,

(10) or thieves, those who are greedy or drunk, who use abusive language, or who rob people will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Heb 2:3 GW

(3) So how will we escape punishment if we reject the important message, the message that God saved us? First, the Lord told this saving message. Then those who heard him confirmed that message.

Jas 4:4 GW

(4) You unfaithful people! Don't you know that love for this evil world is hatred toward God? Whoever wants to be a friend of this world is an enemy of God.

1Jn 1:9 KJV

(9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

God authored Scripture to say that specifically because He didn't create anyone as homosexuals--regardless of how much they think they were born or intended to be that way.

You're exactly right: a sin is a sin. That means, when anyone (myself included) sins (homosexuality, lying, stealing, etc), they cease to be a Christian until they repent and ask forgiveness for that sin.

1Co 6:9-10 GW

(9) Don't you know that wicked people won't inherit the kingdom of God? Stop deceiving yourselves! People who continue to commit sexual sins, who worship false gods, those who commit adultery, homosexuals,

(10) or thieves, those who are greedy or drunk, who use abusive language, or who rob people will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Heb 2:3 GW

(3) So how will we escape punishment if we reject the important message, the message that God saved us? First, the Lord told this saving message. Then those who heard him confirmed that message.

Jas 4:4 GW

(4) You unfaithful people! Don't you know that love for this evil world is hatred toward God? Whoever wants to be a friend of this world is an enemy of God.

1Jn 1:9 KJV

(9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

[/b]

Sinning doesn't mean you STOP being a Christian. Just because you make a mistake, doesn't mean you don't believe in God or that you aren't trying to live for Him. No one has it together all the time. So, by that logic, we're all in and out of Christianity every day. Doesn't really make sense.

Sinning doesn't mean you STOP being a Christian. Just because you make a mistake, doesn't mean you don't believe in God or that you aren't trying to live for Him. No one has it together all the time. So, by that logic, we're all in and out of Christianity every day. Doesn't really make sense.[/b]

I'm sorry, but it's the truth. Any and all sin separates a person from God. We must repent from all sin--God allows only holy perfection in Heaven. If we ask forgiveness for our sins, we are not saved. At any rate, if you want to discuss this more, PM me instead of discussing it here.

nooooooooooooooo way.

i'm as straight as straight can be.

no offense, but that's a little creepy.[/b]

Methinks the lady doth protest to much!

I'm sorry, but it's the truth. Any and all sin separates a person from God. We must repent from all sin--God allows only holy perfection in Heaven. If we do not ask forgiveness for our sins, we are not saved. At any rate, if you want to discuss this more, PM me instead of discussing it here.[/b]

edited for clarity^^

The only rule they could tie this thread to would be:

8. Topics and/or posts depicting or discussing sexual behaviour in inappropriate detail, depicting or condoning violence, or favoring otherwise inappropriate/un-Biblical behaviour and activities (beliefs contrary to core Christian beliefs) are prohibited. Any such topics/posts will be deleted, and a warning issued

I'd leave it but I was the more secular mod. I don't really see a problem with this thread. Other will. I don't know. We'll see.[/b]

So following that rule, in this forum I am allowed to talk about the following:

Stoning women, paedophilia, slavery, lesbians, and several other activities? But sodomy and other forms of male homosexuality are just 'naughty'. Right...logic prevails.

I'm sorry, but it's the truth. Any and all sin separates a person from God. We must repent from all sin--God allows only holy perfection in Heaven. If we ask forgiveness for our sins, we are not saved. At any rate, if you want to discuss this more, PM me instead of discussing it here.[/b]

If God only allowed "holy perfection" into Heaven, it would be empty! None of us is perfect, hence the need for Christ. Yes, sin separates man from God, but faith in Christ brings forgiveness and redemption. If I'm following your way of looking at things, and I go have a fight with my parents and then die in my sleep, I should expect to wake up in hell tomorrow. Sounds crazy, doesn't it?

If God only allowed "holy perfection" into Heaven, it would be empty! None of us is perfect, hence the need for Christ. Yes, sin separates man from God, but faith in Christ brings forgiveness and redemption. If I'm following your way of looking at things, and I go have a fight with my parents and then die in my sleep, I should expect to wake up in hell tomorrow. Sounds crazy, doesn't it?[/b]

And apparently you would deserve eternal suffering too. Silly fundie logic.

If God only allowed "holy perfection" into Heaven, it would be empty! None of us is perfect, hence the need for Christ. Yes, sin separates man from God, but faith in Christ brings forgiveness and redemption. If I'm following your way of looking at things, and I go have a fight with my parents and then die in my sleep, I should expect to wake up in hell tomorrow. Sounds crazy, doesn't it?

guess what, i bet you're going to hell, well with that logic atleast