Sign in to follow this  
Matt_Walker_731

Awesome Tomato Snack

So, no one's going to post healthy recipes? Well, I guess I WILL.

These are called 'Awesome Tomato Things.' Great name, right?

Ingrediants You'll Need...

• Tomato(s)
  • Bread (Multi-Grain is the Healthiest)
  • Spray Butter (low calorie)
  • Shredded Cheese (lowfat)
  • Salt and Pepper

Directions...

1. First, gather your ingrediants. You'll need a toaster oven and a butter knife to make this recipe, as well.
  2. Now, on the bread, spray your spray butter on both sides. This makes the bread brown faster when it's in the toaster over. Place the bread on a pan so it doesn't get nasty all over your counter.
  3. Sprinkle your cheese on top of the bread. Pay attention to serving size if you're counting carbs/calories/fat grams.
  4. Now, take your tomato, and cut a slice of two out of it (depends on the size). Make them slices like you'd put on a hamburger.
  5. Put the tomato slices on top of the cheese-covered bread. Then, sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
  6. Stick the pan in the toaster oven on around 350, and WATCH IT. There's not really a set time to make this snack, so watch it cook. When the cheese is melted, it's done.
  7. Take them out, carefully, and let it cool for a minute of so. Now, cut the bread into 1/4's, so it's easier to eat.
  8. Now, pour a glass of your favorite fizzy beverage, take your newly created snack, and dig in!

Hope you all enjoy. :P

One of my favorite snacks is very close to this. It is a plain bagel, a slice of tomato, and some lowfat cottage cheese. (cheese is on top of tomato though)Put in toaster oven until the bagel is toasty and it is the win.

I imagine it tastes very much like this yummy sounding snack. Tonight I must get ingredients because now I want some. :)