Sign in to follow this  
Toby83

Temptation

I could use some prayer, over the past few day's I've been being tempted and every time I say no but then I find myself saying "one time wouldn't hurt" no I'm not talking about drugs or anything horrible. This isn't something new ether its really really challenging my relationship with God.

Thanks..

Hey man, just wanted to let you know that you're not alone, I've definitely been there too, and I'll be praying for you. I don't know what you're struggling with, but if you ever need to talk feel free to drop me a PM.

Also, be sure to spend some time every day reading the Bible. Spending time in the Word and allowing it to fill your thoughts is very helpful when it comes to dealing with temptation. Memorizing scripture is important as well. The Bible tells us that the Word is our sword. By memorizing verses you will have a sharp sword to pull out when temptation comes your way! For example, if you are struggling with impure thoughts you can recall Philippians 4:8 and go over it in your head.

I'm going to write here again,I was thinking about this last night.

My pastor preached a wonderful sermon last Sunday,it was on the last verse for the Lord's Prayer.

He says that before we get out of bed in the morning,take time to pray.Include this,"Lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from evil(or 'the evil one') if you want.

I've been praying every morning before I get out of bed and reading a bit in the Bible(I read my Bible every night,not just a bit in the morning) for my daily devotional.It's been going pretty good so far,I'm going to continue what I am doing.

And usually when I am tempted I am very weak,I just go ahead and do it,feeling terribly guilty after.But this time I prayed about it and the temptation passed.

I'm going to write here again,I was thinking about this last night.

My pastor preached a wonderful sermon last Sunday,it was on the last verse for the Lord's Prayer.

He says that before we get out of bed in the morning,take time to pray.Include this,"Lead us not into temptation,but deliver us from evil(or 'the evil one') if you want.

I've been praying every morning before I get out of bed and reading a bit in the Bible(I read my Bible every night,not just a bit in the morning) for my daily devotional.It's been going pretty good so far,I'm going to continue what I am doing.

And usually when I am tempted I am very weak,I just go ahead and do it,feeling terribly guilty after.But this time I prayed about it and the temptation passed.[/b]

Listen to her: she's a smart one. ^_^ Prayer will definitely help you. In facing the trial, it is always good to get on your knees and trust God to deliver you from the temptation. Note, however, that in order to even want to get on your knees when the situation arises, you must do like she suggested, and be prayerfully watchful even before you're enticed.

God bless.

Guest HopelessDreamer

I'll be Praying. God Bless. :angel2: