Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Star Girl

Should I Change Schools?

I've attended a local public high school for about half a year, and so far I wished I hadn't.

I have become depressed over some of the things I have seen, heard, and been through at this school, and frankly, I do not feel safe.

There is a private school in my area that I have been interested in, but the tuition is rather costly, and tuition assistance is based off of the income of both of my parents, and my dad (who is wealthy) does not support the idea of private schools or AP classes, ect. :bangin:

I know how things can be in your situation. I've been at a public school system ever since I was in preschool. But, I was in a school system where I was picked on and basically verbally/physically abused daily until my freshmen year. God thankfully had a way out for me through a series of events that lead to a merger of that school with our county school. I transferred to another school district in the county, which is the second smallest public school district in my state. God also has His hand over that school with the staff and students as well. Let that be an encouragement to you in this situation. I, too, can connect with you on the whole dad & money thing. If you want to send me a private message and talk more, feel free to do so.

Take comfort in this: "For I know the plans I have for," declares the Lord, " Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I have never been to a public school, so I don't know what it's like for you, but here's my advice: Is your Dad a Christian? If so, you could talk to him about how you have been getting depressed at your school and why, maybe he will understand the situation better and feel more inclined to send you to the private school.

God bless. I hope you will fell happier soon.

It's high school. It's an important part of growing up. The vast majority of all people in the western world go to public schools, so you'll never be able to appreciate the way society operates if you confine yourself to a bubble of rich people at a private school. I went to a private school and I wish I never did. It was full of spoilt rich brats who had no idea about anything outside their tiny bubble-wrapped world.

Ew high school...I hated high school haha. Thankfully, college is MUCH better.

If you're approaching your senior year, tough it out. If you're a freshman or something, try to transfer. While I'm sure those years can be a good learning experience, taking attacks on your self-esteem and especially since you said you don't feel safe, it's not worth it.