****READ ENTIRE POST BEFORE VOTING*****

HaleyGirl16

Jerk or sweety?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Jerk or sweety?

• Dang, what a jerk!
    • Sounds nice at times. Maybe likes you? Definately has social skill issues.
    • Omigosh, he is a total bipolar STALKER! RUN HALEY RUN!!!
    • Erm, im just as confused as you are. Sorry 0.o
    • Other... Let me explain

Ok, so there is this guy at high school. He is new at the school, he came in the same day I did. I dont know him that well. At first he comes across as sweet. Then he says something smart elicy that makes him seem totally stuck up and obnoxious. Then he is really quite and just kinda ignores people which makes him seem more stuck up. But when I try to avoid him, he always comes after me. He may not say anything, but he is like standing there like he wants to talk or something. Then, when no one else is around, he is sweet again. I dont know what to think.

Like a few weeks ago, he sat down at the same lunch table as me with 2 other people. Well our teacher had sent me, him, and the 2 other new kids to lunch early, to talk with the others bout something that we didnt know bout. Anyway when he sat down, he made the comment that he was only sitting with us cuz the othere tables. He sounded like a real jerk when he said it, like we werent good enough for him or something. And he is always making comments like he can have any girl that he wants, bragging bout money, ect ect ect. But he is like clingy to me. He always tells me when he is going to break, when he is leaving the room, always is especially careful to hold the door for me and tell me good morning, or bye, or have a good weekend, and asks for my number but never texts me then makes some smart comment bout why he couldnt like I was just busy ok? Can you deal with that? <direct quote.

Everyone thinks he likes me. But he acts like a real jerk to me half the time. I dont really catch social ques and stuff so I dont know what to think. Am I missing a hint or something? Or do you all think he seems like a real jerk too? I dont know what to think and, since everyone else seems to think he is like totally in love with me, Im afraid he may ask me to prom, (all us high schoolers get to go, even me, as a sophmore). I dont wanna go to prom with a real butt head. What do yall think and if he asks me to prom or just asks me out in general, what should i do? Thanks :)

PS i already posted this exact same topic in the girls section. So ladies, if you have something you would like to share away from the guys, you can post it there. Ill be checkin them both. Guys....sorry but this is your only place to help me lol.

It does sound like he likes you, so I don't understand why he's acting like such a jerk. Maybe for some reason he feels that he has to try and impress you but it comes across as very cocky...I dunno.

I would say sit him down, call him, text him, IM him, whatever and ask him directly. Be like, "Dude, I don't mind being your friend or crush or whatever, but I don't like this, this and this."

If he likes you as much as people think, he might change to be able to impress you more. Hopefully he won't then try to stalker impress you.

Let us know what happens!

Other

You don't know everything about him I assume. There could be a reason he acts like a jerk. Maybe some major insecurities. My opinion, see how things go. If he asks you to prom or does something really frustrating, confront him. Ask him straight out what is up with it all. If he's a jerk, he'll act like one, and that'll be it. If he's a sweetheart who just struggles with stuff, he may admit it. God will be there to help things play out :) that's all I got

Ok, so there is this guy at high school. He is new at the school, he came in the same day I did. I dont know him that well. At first he comes across as sweet. Then he says something smart elicy that makes him seem totally stuck up and obnoxious. Then he is really quite and just kinda ignores people which makes him seem more stuck up. But when I try to avoid him, he always comes after me. He may not say anything, but he is like standing there like he wants to talk or something. Then, when no one else is around, he is sweet again. I dont know what to think.

Like a few weeks ago, he sat down at the same lunch table as me with 2 other people. Well our teacher had sent me, him, and the 2 other new kids to lunch early, to talk with the others bout something that we didnt know bout. Anyway when he sat down, he made the comment that he was only sitting with us cuz the othere tables. He sounded like a real jerk when he said it, like we werent good enough for him or something. And he is always making comments like he can have any girl that he wants, bragging bout money, ect ect ect. But he is like clingy to me. He always tells me when he is going to break, when he is leaving the room, always is especially careful to hold the door for me and tell me good morning, or bye, or have a good weekend, and asks for my number but never texts me then makes some smart comment bout why he couldnt like I was just busy ok? Can you deal with that? <direct quote.

Everyone thinks he likes me. But he acts like a real jerk to me half the time. I dont really catch social ques and stuff so I dont know what to think. Am I missing a hint or something? Or do you all think he seems like a real jerk too? I dont know what to think and, since everyone else seems to think he is like totally in love with me, Im afraid he may ask me to prom, (all us high schoolers get to go, even me, as a sophmore). I dont wanna go to prom with a real butt head. What do yall think and if he asks me to prom or just asks me out in general, what should i do? Thanks :)

PS i already posted this exact same topic in the girls section. So ladies, if you have something you would like to share away from the guys, you can post it there. Ill be checkin them both. Guys....sorry but this is your only place to help me lol.[/b]

If you don't want to go out with him, then don't. It's that simple. :P Purely on what you said, he sounds rather arrogant. He may want to go out with you . . . but don't base your opinion on what he does for you--base it on what he does for and to others.

Sounds like a bad penny to me--he keeps turning up.

he's a bipolar stalker. lol

no but seriously. he sounds like he likes you but he's trying to impress you or something. he's just a little nervous around you is all. it seems to me like he wants you to like him back and he want to act how you want him to act. im sure if you sat him down and said 'look i dont like when you act like this and this. but i do like when you act like this, and treat me like this' that should do the trick

If you make any move or let him make any move, you will only succeed in reinforcing in his mind that he can act pompous and aloof, and still get the girl.[/b]

Well i dont plan on making a move. But if he does, what do i do? I dont want to hurt his feelings if he likes me, but I dont want him to think he can act anyway and say anything and girls are gonna fall all over him :yucky:. I dont want to go out with him because he is so cocky, idk if i like him or not cuz of his actions, so I cant really truthfully use the i dont like you like that line to tell him no. What do I say to keep me from looking like a control freak jerk who wants him to act a certain way, or to keep him from thinking he can walk all over a girl?

Other. Don't think too much in depth about anything you're worried about. Just go on with your life as if any thing he says or does has no impact on your or anything else.

It sounds as if you're just describing an immature guy who has some growing up to do. If you're attracted to those kinds of guys like most girls seem to be, then heck, be your own boss and give yourself advice and follow your advice.

He sounds like he's trying to impress you; guys don't talk about money, etc without need for attention. And does he have his own job? If not, it's daddy's money, and it sounds like he has been spoiled by it.

That said, I think he likes you. If you think you could like him back, wait until he grows out of the jerky, bratty phase he's in, I think that is stemming from immaturity.

Otherwise, stay away. Guys like that are high maintenance.

Other. Don't think too much in depth about anything you're worried about. Just go on with your life as if any thing he says or does has no impact on your or anything else.

It sounds as if you're just describing an immature guy who has some growing up to do. If you're attracted to those kinds of guys like most girls seem to be, then heck, be your own boss and give yourself advice and follow your advice.[/b]

The last thing I need in my life is another immature guy, no thats not aimed at my lil brother. Like i said, I dont know if i like him or not. I like him as a friend when he isnt acting like a spoiled brat. But I dont really know him well enough to say I like or dislike him as a boyfriend or anything.

I think you should treat him as a friend and just laugh when he says obnoxious things. I'm sure he doesn't mean what he says, he probably just watches too much Daniel Tosh.[/b]

lol probably.

One of his friends warned me that he wants to ask me out. Im gonna tell him no and be honest and tell him exactly why if he asks. the more i think of him, the worse he sounds. :yucky: thanks for your help.

Any other advice is still welcomed.

Well i dont plan on making a move. But if he does, what do i do? I dont want to hurt his feelings if he likes me, but I dont want him to think he can act anyway and say anything and girls are gonna fall all over him :yucky:. I dont want to go out with him because he is so cocky, idk if i like him or not cuz of his actions, so I cant really truthfully use the i dont like you like that line to tell him no. What do I say to keep me from looking like a control freak jerk who wants him to act a certain way, or to keep him from thinking he can walk all over a girl?[/b]

There isn't any one thing to say that will make him realize you won't date him because he's a jerk without hurting his feelings a little. If you aren't careful, he'll interpret it at snobbery on your part. If he asks you out, just say no. If he asks why, tell him your personalities aren't compatible. If he says he can change, give him some bit about being yourself and finding the one and all that.

There isn't any one thing to say that will make him realize you won't date him because he's a jerk without hurting his feelings a little. If you aren't careful, he'll interpret it at snobbery on your part. If he asks you out, just say no. If he asks why, tell him your personalities aren't compatible. If he says he can change, give him some bit about being yourself and finding the one and all that.[/b]

Ok, that sounds easy enough.