Sign in to follow this  
Sacracan

*People* are equal.

Agree or disagree with the following statements:  

1. 1. Agree or disagree with the following statements:

Men (meaning people) are not all equal.

We are all born with equal rights.

We are not equally intelligent, nor are do we all have equal opportunities in life.

But, we all deserve an equal chance at anything, although that doesn't always happen.

1. People have equal spiritual worth.

2. People have equal physical worth--since everyone is uniquely created by God.

3. Not everyone has equal abilities or gifts, but I do believe in equality of opportunity--everyone gets the same chance to make something of themselves, the American Dream.

4. Everyone has equal unalienable natural rights, though these don't include what some people believe are "rights", and they may be voluntarily forfeited by criminal action.

Men (meaning people) are not all equal.

We are all born with equal rights.

We are not equally intelligent, nor are do we all have equal opportunities in life.

But, we all deserve an equal chance at anything, although that doesn't always happen.[/b]

agreed...

Whoever said no to the last question is a despicable human being.[/b]

Show yourself! Confess ye sins lest ye be walking the plank.

1. People have equal spiritual worth.

2. People have equal physical worth--since everyone is uniquely created by God.

3. Not everyone has equal abilities or gifts, but I do believe in equality of opportunity--everyone gets the same chance to make something of themselves, the American Dream.

4. Everyone has equal unalienable natural rights, though these don't include what some people believe are "rights", and they may be voluntarily forfeited by criminal action.[/b]

agreed.

Whoever said no to the last question is a despicable human being.[/b]

Why, thank you, but it's nothing I haven't heard before...

Why, thank you, but it's nothing I haven't heard before...[/b]

Hehe.

Why do you think all people shouldn't have equal rights?

I'm honestly curious.

Hehe.

Why do you think all people shouldn't have equal rights?

I'm honestly curious.[/b]

I'm not referring to basic human rights and because life isn't fair.

1. People are of equal worth (spiritual).

Agree. We are all of equal worth to God.

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" 2 Peter 3:9

2. People are of equal worth (material).

Disagree.

Anyone who has a job would disagree with this. Those who are skilled at what they do are worth more to the company and will be paid more. This is based off man's POV though.

3. Any given person has advantages and disadvantages equal to others.

Disagree. People are not of equal worth and quality, skills, knowledge and such.

4. People should have equal rights.

Disagree. Some people's rights are superseded by the rights of others who have authority over them. For example, children. A child's rights are determined by their parents who are in authority over them, given that the parents have only the child's best interest in mind with these restrictions. When the parent abuses that authority and becomes harmful to the child their authority can be put into question. Once the child reaches adult-hood then their full-rights will come into play.

It depends on your definition of people. Someone can say yes to the last question, but not agree that certain people should have equal rights due to defining someone as not human.

This has happened in the past with slaves and aboriginals, and some people believe it is happening now with unborn children. So the question can be different for different people depending on what they think.

Note- I am not arguing about abortion. That thread is in the debates section. I'm merely pointing something out about the poll.

can't believe four people voted no to equal rights. cough cough crazies cough cough[/b]

Your profound understanding of our world and your impeccable logic can not be matched...

I'm not referring to basic human rights and because life isn't fair.[/b]

Okay.

I think I see what you're getting at.

There are certain aspects of life where not everybody deserves the same thing, but everybody deserves basic rights?

My view is...

Everyone has human rights to begin with.

However, if they choose to give them up, by acting criminally etc, then they have chosen to give them up. ahah...