Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iCraveSweets247

Tips for strapless dresses?

So prom is coming up.... and online I found the most gorgeous dress ever.

ttp://www.unique-vintage.com/demure-shimmery-cinnamon-full-length-lace-prom-dress-p-3586.html

Does it look immodest to you? It doesn't have close up shots, but this dress does and it is the same dress but in silver instead of gold: [url="http://www.unique-vintage.com/shimmery-silver-full-length-lace-prom-dress-p-3398.html"]http://www.unique-vintage.com/shimmery-sil...ess-p-3398.html[/url]

The only problem is..... its strapless. Modesty is important to me and especially my parents, and my mom doesn't like the idea at all. I have fairly large boobs, size C, and my mom says a strapless dress would weigh them down and make it look like their sagging and be immodest and easily fall down.

I'm not a huge fan of strapless because in bras and bathing suits I've noticed that its a hassle and uncomfortable to keep it from sagging, but at the same time I love the dress a lot.

Is there a way to keep the dress from sagging and making me uncomfortable, worried the whole night about it falling down, modest, and not look like i have grandma boobs? Also, any advice for talking to my parents about the dress? becuase i have looked a lot and cannot find one i really like besides this one.

I was thinking maybe some tape i hear that works....

thanks

I'm the same size on top as you...
I wore strapless dresses before,you should be fine.
It doesn't fall down if it fits right and it shouldn't sag(mine didn't).
Maybe you could wear a little sweater or shawl so it will look more modest.
I like that dress,by the way. =]

That's a nice dress. Not immodest at all in my opinion, very classy in fact. I would suggest getting Hollywood tape, it's that tape where it prevents your dress from falling down. Don't know if you call it the same thing. A strapless bra will fill out the dress more and will prevent you from looking like you have grandma boobs.

I would agree with the above and get some fashion tape. Also get a good strapless bra, a good one should offer you enough support to make sure no sagging occurs plus having your chest lifted is good protection against slippage of the dress. If you notice there is sagging in a strapless bra it probably means you aren't wearing one that is the proper width, try going down a size in width and put it on the largest hook and see if that makes it feel like it offers more support.

Get a strapless bra that really clings to you - that way it won't fall down. And pin/tape the dress to the bra, instead of to you.

[quote]Maybe you could wear a little sweater or shawl so it will look more modest.[/b][/quote]
^This. I would say make use of a pretty shawl or "shrug" sweater.

[quote]dress tape/bra tape will keep it up[/b][/quote]
I didn`t know what this stuff was so I looked it up. I can`t stop laughing; I have never heard of someone taping their breasts to their clothes.

[quote]I didn`t know what this stuff was so I looked it up. I can`t stop laughing; I have never heard of someone taping their breasts to their clothes.[/b][/quote]
Hahaha, the way you put that made me realise how ridiculous it sounds ^_^

OP, go for a good quality strapless bra, or alternatively a bra with see-through straps. I'd definitely recommend you wear a shawl or something of the like over your shoulders - you could get away with see-through straps if you keep the shawl on throughout the night.

I don't think it looks immodest, however that can all change depending on how you act. If you act immodest you will look immodest, but if you act respectable you will look respectable.

That dress if lovely, and Hannahs right - if you hold and conduct yourself with modesty you will not look immodest. If thats something you are worried about though, go for a shawl or bolero. The positives with shawls is that they easily hide clear strapped bras. But the massive positive with boleros is that you can do for a nice big thick stapped bra that holds everything in place and easily hide it all away.

If not, go for a really supportive strapless bra the best ones are those that have kind of rubbery grippy bits on bit that goes around your back (I am sure there are names for that part of it!) Wonderbra do a really good strapless bra, the bit that goes around the back is rather thick, here's the link. Other brands do simlar ones :)

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wonderbra-Womens-Ultimate-Strapless-Bra/dp/B002HREF00"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wonderbra-Womens-U...a/dp/B002HREF00[/url]

Either that! Or another thing to do is get one of those all in one slip things that have a bra attached because they have loads of support built in.

Good luck! :)

I don't think it's immodest, it's a gorgeous dress!
as for the strapless thing, there's these sparkly straps that some dress shops sell and you attach them to where the straps would go on your strapless bra, and it makes it look like the dress has straps, and you don't have to worry about pulling it up the whole night.
Or, as other people suggested, try some fashion tape, that stuff works pretty good.

[quote]If you act immodest you will look immodest, but if you act respectable you will look respectable.[/b][/quote]

You put it so perfectly.
:)

I have the same issue sometimes, and I'm bigger then that on top, so trust me, I understand the issue. Alot of it depends on how the dress is structured, and i couldn't tell from the picture. Get a good strapless bra should work and if not, Hollywood tape, but before you go buy any of that, check and see if the dress has any sort of boning or good structure.

double sided tape? no no no, that's asking for disaster. they make tape specifically for clothing and skin.

I know a girl who used duct tape on herself to make boobs. It ended in her finding out she's allergic

Well, you could buy a nice [b]shawl[/b]. Or a [b]bolero[/b] (short jacket worn open in the front). Or even a really pretty [b]Pashmina scarf [/b](some look very casual but I bought a gold one and it's gorgeous. They had silver, too. Btw, it only cost me $30 or so. And you can wear them in so many ways). Or you can [b]add on straps [/b](For on of my strapless dresses, I got a dressmaker to just sew on some straps for me that I bought from the fabric store. I found really nice ones with faux diamonds. It looked great).

Hope that helped. :)

[quote]Maybe you could wear a little sweater or shawl so it will look more modest.[/b][/quote]

[quote]^This. I would say make use of a pretty shawl or "shrug" sweater.[/b][/quote]

^ this i would say. That, or just get a diffrent dress. If your worried about being immodest, then your instincs are probably good, and you dont want to ignore them. Plus, you dont want to ruin your whole night by being worried about your dress falling down the whole time. But wrap/shawl usually can remedy that. If not, im sure there are many other stunning dresses out there that will work for you :)

[quote]Well, you could buy a nice [b]shawl[/b]. Or a [b]bolero[/b] (short jacket worn open in the front). Or even a really pretty [b]Pashmina scarf [/b](some look very casual but I bought a gold one and it's gorgeous. They had silver, too. Btw, it only cost me $30 or so. And you can wear them in so many ways). Or you can [b]add on straps [/b](For on of my strapless dresses, I got a dressmaker to just sew on some straps for me that I bought from the fabric store. I found really nice ones with faux diamonds. It looked great).

Hope that helped. :)[/b][/quote]
^ oh yes, and that too. I have added straps/backs to a few of my dresses.

Hmm..i went through your problem..this problem is not only happen with you..many who is having big boobs have this kind of problem..and best thing if you really like to wear strapless dress than use tape..it hold the dress and fits on ur body perfectly..some also use safety pins but that is not in fashioned now..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0