FIFA World Cup 2010

Haha I don't really follow soccer, but I'm living in South Africa for the year, and everyone here is excited. Unfortunately, tickets are ridiculously expensive, so I will only be watching on TV like everyone else in the world, but I still think it's cool to be living in South Africa while all of this is going on! There are signs and shop displays everywhere. Kinda neat. (:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will only be watching on TV like everyone else in the world, but I still think it's cool to be living in South Africa while all of this is going on! There are signs and shop displays everywhere. Kinda neat. (:[/b]

I kinda wish I was in South Africa during this time! You're pretty lucky...

But I'm fine because where I live, there are some CRAZY soccer fans and people get ridiculously excited when their team wins. And it's really multicultural so every country is being celebrated in some way. I LOVE IT.

As of now ~~~> 11 DAYS, 4 HOURS, 8 MINUTES til FIFA 2010...

If Green had of been switched with Hart, the outcome would have been so much better.

I'm supporting South Korea to win, because I *know* England won't. Also, I'm kinda supporting North Korea, because the players will probably be shot if they don't win.

I did buy a South African jersey today that I will proudly be wearing tomorrow and Friday (jersey day). Pretty excited. It's an official Fifa jersey and it was only about $33.[/b]

That is so cool... I have team t-shirts and a flag and a wristband thingy... But a jersey would be amazing.

Anyway, Switzerland beat Spain today 1 - 0. I thought that Spain would surely dominate and they are one of the the favourites... But Switzerland's goal was amazing!

Uruguay, my home country beat South Africa today. 3-0

1st. pop up kick to the goal right over the defender

2nd. red card to South African goalie for tripping the Uruguayso player. result penalty kick

3rd. centered from the right side and head butted in.

woot. sick game. Uruguay may not have the best team, they definitely have a nice history for getting really close and usually being in the top 4 teams. im gonna put in my two cents on Uruguay being in 3rd or 4th place.

Uruguay will do very well this year. I'm praying that they beat Mexico so that i can bury all my friends. (California is like the second Mexico)

viva Uruguay. Forlan is #1 player.