Sign in to follow this  
swampfox

US to back Anti Israeli UN Resolution

Errrr, everyone. In an ideal world there should be no nukes.[/b]

Yeah, but who cares? Israel has nukes and arent using them... Swell.

I think we should have nukes for defense. Israel should have them.

Yeah, but who cares? Israel has nukes and arent using them... Swell.[/b]

amen

Do they really need any more nukes?[/b]

No, but who cares. It's their country let them deal with themselves. If they want to waste money on nukes then so be it. It's not like we have anything to worry about.

Yeah, but who cares? Israel has nukes and arent using them... Swell.[/b]

Not yet. Israel however is constantly proving that they're willing to lash out, and they don't care what the international community thinks about them. They're used to being able to get away with whatever they want.

And if they stop producing them, it's an incentive to keep others from producing them.

I think we should have nukes for defense. Israel should have them.[/b]

But they shouldn't have more.

And ideally, nobody should have nukes.

But we don't live in an ideal world.

Iran't not going to give up nukes; why should Israel?

Israel however is constantly proving that they're willing to lash out,[/b]

Well, that's what people do when they're cornered by people who hate them.

But we don't live in an ideal world.[/b]

So that's no reason to strive for one?

Iran't not going to give up nukes; why should Israel?[/b]

Iran doesn't have nukes for one. Two, the Ayatollah declared a fatwa against the building of nukes, so legally they can't even do it. And third, nobody's asking Israel to give up their nukes.

Well, that's what people do when they're cornered by people who hate them.[/b]

That's not always the way Israel goes about it.

Israel has many enemies, I see no problem with trying to defend themselves. That being said, the main issue (in my mind,

anyway) is that America chose to be decidedly against Israel. America and Israel are allies, and this decision will weaken

the confidence in that alliance.

Israel has many enemies, I see no problem with trying to defend themselves. That being said, the main issue (in my mind,

anyway) is that America chose to be decidedly against Israel. America and Israel are allies, and this decision will weaken

the confidence in that alliance.[/b]

I have to agree that our alliance would be significantly weakened if we do back this thing up. It is pretty much backstabbing an Allie. Yea, we'll go along and help you, but we just won't support you. Israel has just as much right as any other nation to defend itself. However, as these events unfold, we must keep in mind as Christians that this just goes to show how much closer day by day we are getting to the end of this big thing called life as we know it.

How exactly is encouraging a country to not build any more weapons capable of ending life on earth being "against" that country? Would you take it as some act of betrayal if your friend told you that maybe you should stop buying guns?

Well, I'd count it as hypocrisy if said friend had several dozen automatic rifles in his house and I only had a couple of shotguns and a hunting rifle.

Well, I'd count it as hypocrisy if said friend had several dozen automatic rifles in his house and I only had a couple of shotguns and a hunting rifle.[/b]

Eh?

You don't understand what I said, even after you compared the alliance between the US and Israel to a friendship?

You don't understand what I said, even after you compared the alliance between the US and Israel to a friendship?[/b]

Never mind, I misread it.

A better comparison would be a friend who had a bunch of automatic weapons and you had a few automatic weapons. Israel and the US both have ICBMs - our weapons carry the same capabilities with them. We simply have more. They don't have some shotguns and a hunting rifle in comparison to us.

Now, would you consider it hypocrisy if said friend told you it's a bad idea to keep buying more weapons while that friend is simultaneously working to get rid of most of his weapons? I wouldn't. Our nuclear arsenal is significantly smaller today than it was during the Cold War, and it's constantly shrinking. So no, I don't see that as hypocrisy.

And even if it was, we're a world power. We can be hypocritical if we want.