Sign in to follow this  
Christopherjr

Does everyone agree that NFS Underground 2 is a Classic?

NFS Underground 2 A Classic?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. NFS Underground 2 A Classic?

• MOST DEFINITELY!!
    • I think not...

It's definitely a classic. I must say that I was more a fan of Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition. Imo it had a better car customization system and the power ups made it that much better. But still, anyone who played NFS underground had no choice but to like it.

I got into the series on a bargain-bin $10 edition of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2. Underground was a great game, but it still left things to be desired. I didn't like how you had to pimp out your car even to the point it was ugly. I thought Most Wanted was also a great game. The police chases got predictable after a while, but in the beginning, it was awesome. Hot Pursuit 2 is still fun. It was a really well made game, and the intro movie was awesome. Police Lamborghinis, son. That's all I gotta say.

I don't think it is a classic, its not a bad game but I think as a series as a whole the defining games were:

NFS 3 Hot Pursuit - start of the whole police chase thing

NFS High Stakes - Introduced many of the current race modes and career with modifications

NFS Underground - Introduce city street racing and ridiculous customization rather than racing modifications

In whole i would struggle to think of any NFS games after High Stakes as classic. I find the series fun but more often than not the new NFS games are a bit ridiculous.

I wouldn't say a classic like the way older Need for Speeds, but it was a great game. I still have it for GameCube to this day. xD

It's a great game, but I still preferred Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition. One of the biggest issues I had with Underground 2 was just the extremely bland, boring, and limited open world. I had a lot more fun navigating the Midnight Club 3 cities (which are all based off real cities BTW).