Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jack_Spaden

Martial Art

Ouch... I believe that anything military oriented brings pain... loads of it.

I'm into sourthern Chinese boxing like Jeet Kwan Do and Wing Chun for practical application and Drunken Fist as a show sport.

I got my first degree black belt in Taekwon Do when I was thirteen :D Nearly died (not actually) during prep cycle, but whatevs. I'd like to take up Capoeira at some point as well.

Currently studying karate, tai chi, and ninjutsu. Hoping to try capoeira and shorinji kempo before too long. Have done wing chun and aikido in my time as well and planning to get back into aikido to help my ninjutsu flow.

I want to learn Tai Chi, Pa Kua, and Shao Lin Kung Fu. :D

Basically everything in Avatar the Last Airbender. Can't remember what type the earthbenders did though.

But anyhow, there ya go!

Oh, interesting. I've been studying/practicing Tai Chi for awhile now, a little under a year.

I'm really interested in BaGua Zhang, I really want to learn that style. But, there's not anyone in my area...or state that gives classes for it. I've been trying to study from books but that can only do so much, y'know?

I did Wing Chun between 2003 - 2008. From 2008 - 2009 I did boxing, Judo, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I had to stop after my arm was broken in an arm-bar which I didn't tap out of.

I'd like to get back into it. Unfortunately I started smoking and eating unhealthily after I broke my arm, so I'll have to get my fitness back before I can do anything.

I did Wing Chun between 2003 - 2008. From 2008 - 2009 I did boxing, Judo, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I had to stop after my arm was broken in an arm-bar which I didn't tap out of.

I'd like to get back into it. Unfortunately I started smoking and eating unhealthily after I broke my arm, so I'll have to get my fitness back before I can do anything.

After I watched Ip Man (movie) and learned about Chi Sao, I've been really interested in Wing Chun. How was it? Did it seem effective? Give any opinions on it, please. And what about Brazilian Ju Jitsu- I've heard that it's an extremely effective martial art.

I took Karate for... two years? I quit because the sensei was a meanie :( Meanie meanie pants.

I did Wado Ryu Karate since October 2005. I actually stopped practicing it last June because I tore my ACL; I'm working hard to recover and hopefully ease back into it starting this July :). It's unfortunate because I was going to get my black belt grading last fall, oh well. What style karate do you guys do?

I'm really interested in learning wing chun tho, mostly because I really need to work on my hands, plus Ip Man was super cool ahaha. Might I recommend reading a manga called "Kenji"? It covers a lot of different martial arts, mostly focusing on Chinese ones but still talks about Japanese ones too, you can actually learn the basics of lots of styles from it!

Good luck on your grading! Ossu!

Old topic is old. That said, I am a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I've considered trying out other forms (tang su do or perhaps karate) but I'm just too busy to work on it. I don't even have time to even get another dan in my TKD. I should be working on it, but again, no time.