Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Tattoos and gauges on guys?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

ksmiller3

ksmiller3

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey, guys I just found this forum and decided to join it, but I was wondering what you guys thought of gauges on guys (or ear pearicings). I am a 18 your old male and was thinking about getting the, but still want to be a strong Christian and good example for my younger family members and friends. What do you think, is it against the Bible or not. I really don't think it is. but wanted to just make sure i had a good strong opinion before getting something so life changing, thanks for your time and thought :).

opalecent

opalecent

Member - 1Ker

• 3,600 posts
I don't like tattoos or gauges, personally. Here's a thought.
http://www.clarifyin...m/tattoos.shtml

I don't agree with them, and would never have one. While I don't think that God would smite you if you got one (note a bit of facetiousness), I think that you should serve as an example, and tattoos and gauges don't always serve as a good example. That's my personal opinion.

Love is a friendship set to music. ~Eli Joseph Cossman
CTF Daughter to teh awesome Foofer and Kirsty!
~~Icexist has my ♥ - right after Jesus~~
*insert something clever here* < That's your signature tag (: Enjoy! ~Haley<3

SaintPeter

SaintPeter

Member - 1Ker

• 4,251 posts
i was gauging my ears for a bit a few years back but i took them out, cool part is my holes havent closed all the way so i can still put earrings in if i decide to XD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
'the fascists of the future will be called the "anti fascists" - - Winston G Churchill

ask me questions
http://www.formspring.me/arvoreen

Matthew

Matthew

Member - Wise One

• 817 posts
There's nothing wrong with them. I personally wouldn't get any; I think of the human body, the texture, tone, and look of the skin, as a work of art not needing the addendum of ink or modification. But it's up to you, and as for your witness, if people are judging you by your appearance that's an unfortunate failure on their part, and not something you need to consider.

Alas, because of people's shallow perceptions, you probably would have more trouble getting a job or something if your whole arm is Tattooed, you've got a quarter-sized hole in one ear, and your septum is pierced like a bull. lol

Sin –noun, verb, adjective

• Any thought or act lacking the fullness of Love.
  • Hate

CTF's Self-Acclaimed Most Notorious Homosexual

parkingwars

parkingwars

Member - 1Ker

• 1,397 posts
I like a tat or two on a guy, and I will hopefully be getting my second tat within 6 months. I tried stretching my ears but they're too sensitive for it. I wouldn't mind it on a guy provided it was a 2g or so or smaller, just so when he got older it could go back to "normal".

If people judge your because of the choices you make regarding your body then they're not people that are worth your time. Christianity wise, there is no biblical reasons against either.
My siggy is a
haiku. Your argument is
invalid. Good day.

Hating is the sincerest form of flattery.
So many assume. So little know.
Don't worry, if I call you a name, you do, in fact, deserve it. Why? Because I tell the truth.

Phoenix.

Phoenix.

Member - 1Ker

• 4,054 posts

I like a tat or two on a guy... I wouldn't mind it on a guy provided it was a 2g or so or smaller, just so when he got older it could go back to "normal".nths.

If people judge your because of the choices you make regarding your body then they're not people that are worth your time. Christianity wise, there is no biblical reasons against either.

This

SunshineSurferx

SunshineSurferx

Member - Wise One

• 580 posts
Sometimes it's good to fit into a culture. You can witness to them in a way others can't. This can go along with the scripture : "Be in the world but not of it."
This scripture can have different connotations - this being one, in my opinion .

I find that when you like something or do something a certain culture calls their own, you automatically have a reason to speak with someone from that culture about the things you have in common - and from there you can build relationship and then witness Christ to them, if that is your intent.

This is not always true, so attention any young readers, please don't take this out of context." i.e.; let's do lwitchcraft so we can witness to people who particpate in Black Magic" Lol. But what I'm saying is that in certain cases you have more of an opportunity to build relationships, and therefore open doors into people's life's to speak with them about things that will really matter long after the gauges and tattoos are gone, when you are a little more like they are ...

Lion_Angel

Lion_Angel

Member - 1Ker

• 1,761 posts
I've seen very strong Christians who have tattoos and piercings. Some tattoos can really be a statement for Christ, so just be very careful what you get. If it reflects the Lord I think it could do a lot more good than anything. :)

mels

[SIGPIC]Posted Image[/SIGPIC]

Aristi_Greco

Aristi_Greco

Member - 1Ker

• 1,414 posts
tattoos and gauges (on guys especially)= hawt.

WahooPunch

WahooPunch

CTF Staff

• 11,256 posts
I personally wouldn't get tattoos or piercings. (Because I have such a huge fear of pain... and because I think that they are somewhat wrong) But, I do not go around judging people and Christians who have them. All people who have certain opinions regarding certain issues are not all judgmental and not worth people's time. There are many Christians with a tattoo or two who really love God and are on fire for Christ.

The Bible doesn't condemn the practice or encourage it. But it does say: "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the LORD" (Leviticus 19:28) It also says "offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to the Lord - this is your reasonable service" (Romans 12:1) Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. We are fearfully and wonderfully made by God and we should respect our bodies.

Here's a thought I'll type out from a pamphlet I have about tattoos : "Jews weren't supposed to scar or tattoo their bodies. Though early Christians ignored many Jewish laws, they agreed with the Jews that the human body is God's masterpiece. Christians call it God's temple. Because of this, most Christians today say that wearing a tattoo is a bit like spray-painting graffiti on the walls of the Grand Canyon - to "improve the looks". Or maybe like giving a Rembrandt to a kindergartner with a crayon."

And the same goes for body piercings.

·!¦[· Psalm 91 ·]¦!·

proud_orthodox_guy

proud_orthodox_guy

Member - 5Ker

• 9,311 posts
Sorry, but I find gauges revolting. I don't see why anyone would want to poke a hole in their ear and stretch it to twice it's size. It looks incredibly stupid and ugly, for one, and it looks downright painful.

parkingwars

parkingwars

Member - 1Ker

• 1,397 posts

All people who have certain opinions regarding certain issues are not all judgmental and not worth people's time

Yes, because they are only going out and doing as Jesus said "Go forth and judge others based on their appearances."

The Bible doesn't condemn the practice or encourage it. But it does say: "Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the LORD" (Leviticus 19:28)

This speaks of an ancient practice of, after someone died, cutting your body and rubbing the burial ashes into your skin. Tattoos as we know them, are a Polynesian word and a pretty modern addition to our language (came from the pirates! Argh!)

And POG, stretching doesn't hurt unless you go too far too fast.
My siggy is a
haiku. Your argument is
invalid. Good day.

Don't worry, if I call you a name, you do, in fact, deserve it. Why? Because I tell the truth.

USMC Psych

USMC Psych

Accomplished Poster

• 442 posts
I'm considering a tattoo..... Interesting, What now?
"Before God we are all equally wise, and eqaully foolish." ~ Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience." ~Albert Einstein

parkingwars

parkingwars

Member - 1Ker

• 1,397 posts
Pick a design, stare at it everyday for at least 10 min a day for 6 months. If you don't hate it by then go get it.
My siggy is a
haiku. Your argument is
invalid. Good day.

Blue Steel

Blue Steel

Member - 1Ker

• 2,719 posts
I think tiny gauges are great if it's possible to go back to normal later on. Tattoo's...eh, I'm sort of undecided. I think anything's good if it's going to still look great 20 years down the line.

Egoleech

Egoleech

Accomplished Poster

• 370 posts
Gauges are silly, but I should be getting my first couple tattoos by the end of the year.

WahooPunch

WahooPunch

CTF Staff

• 11,256 posts

Yes, because they are only going out and doing as Jesus said "Go forth and judge others based on their appearances."

I try my best not to judge anyone and stay open-minded and accepting. The Bible says: "Judge not, that ye be not judged" (Matthew 7:1). In addition, it says "Man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart" (1 Samuel 16:7)... So I don't know where the sarcasm is aimed at. Like I said, not everyone who has a valid opinion is judgmental and not worth people's time...

·!¦[· Psalm 91 ·]¦!·

winterlong

winterlong

Member - Wise One

• 860 posts
Looks cool.

Posted Image
.keep passing the open windows.

Boys are verminy vermin flea infested flea bags. Full of icky squirmy cooties and saggy pants.

He ate my heart, then he ate my brain

USMC Psych

USMC Psych

Accomplished Poster

• 442 posts
Like maybe something along the lines of:
Posted Image
or something along the lines of:
Posted Image
"Before God we are all equally wise, and eqaully foolish." ~ Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience." ~Albert Einstein

Decoy

Decoy

Member - 1Ker

• 1,176 posts
I prefer the second, but without the actual book/verse specification. It could be an easy conversation starter.

All that begins? "Purity" you say.... listless shells: hollowly, solemnly ringing with the promises of life that gives life. A life that brings death, a death that brings life.

All to Atrophy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users