Sign in to follow this  
JesusIsLife1993

I need help

So, I know that there are many other threads out there that are saying that someone wants an Accountability Partner: I've posted to a couple of them, but haven't gotten any response back yet. So I figured I need to make my own post.

After I found CTF, I found one of the Accountability Partner threads, posted and someone (not going to name his name) responded and said he could help me. I was soooooo set on starting a purity quest thing because I don't want to masturbate anymore. Anyways: that "Accountability Partner" lasted for maybe 4 days.... He totally got me confused on what I was thinking and I feel in a way that he manipulated my thinking into what he believes. That is a whole other story that I don't feel like getting in to now.... But Since then I haven't been able to get the "self-control" or help that I need to stop this thing that is pretty soon going to turn into an addiction (if it hasn't already).

The part that bugs me the most is that: I CHOOSE to do this thing instead of talking with God (or you could call it praying, but I more so like to talk with my Father in Heaven) and then I just "skip" the talk. I want to be someone who is WHOLE HEARTEDLY "A Man after God's Own Heart" and not have to have this sin in between my relationship with Him. And I don't want to hear that I don't have to pray 24/7 and that "no one does that".... WELL I WANT to be someone who is praying for every person I meet or come across with.

I really need help and if someone on here is willing to help me that'd be greatly appreciated. -Oh by the way I'm 17.

God's Blessings and Thanks,

JesusIsLife1993

Guest searching4truth

PM me if you'd like to talk. I'd suggest seeting things around the house, verses on pieces of paper where you seem to do it most?

Two books that have helped me tramendously:

Sex is not the problem, Lust is - Joshua Harris

The Mortification of Sin - John Owen

I second that book, sex is not the problem lust is. GREAT BOOK, problem is I read it in a week, forgot everything in it in 2. I'm actually about to go back and read it again.

Sign in to follow this