Sign in to follow this  
God-Sent

Nearly 1 in 5 Americans Think Obama is Muslim

Poll: Respondents Incorrectly Thinking President Follows Islam Rises; Percent Getting Right Answer -- Christianity -- Falls

(AP) Americans increasingly are convinced - incorrectly - that President Obama is a Muslim, and a growing number are thoroughly confused about his religion. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/18/politics/main6785774.shtml

Christian is not the right answer either. Obama is not a Christian by any means of the term. For out of the abundance of the heart so doth the mouth speak. You will know them by their fruits.

Wait do you actually believe that? You guys do realize that you can be Christian without being a zealous Christian. As C. S. Lewis explains in Mere Christianity (and I'm paraphrasing here) as soon as you apply a objectiveness based on devotion to a term like Christian it looses its meaning. A Christian will become a different thing to everyone, and then we can no longer communicate effectively. Obama is a Christian. He may be a good Christian. He may be a bad Christian. That is based on opinion, but he is a Christian.

Saying obama is a muslim is completely ridiculous!!!!

he is actually a sith lord.

As an Australian, I think the most I can contribute to this topic is:

LOLOLOLOL WHAT THE GOOMBAS IS GOING ON?

(admittedly this is a fairly immature response, but I feel it is an accurate one nonetheless)

You guys do realize that you can be Christian without being a zealous Christian.

I was going to say this. Obama said himself : "I am a Christian, and I am a devout Christian. I believe in the redemptive death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I believe that that faith gives me a path to be cleansed of sin and have eternal life. But most importantly, I believe in the example that Jesus set by feeding the hungry and healing the sick and always prioritizing the least of these over the powerful. I didn't 'fall out in church' as they say, but there was a very strong awakening in me of the importance of these issues in my life. I didn't want to walk alone on this journey. Accepting Jesus Christ in my life has been a powerful guide for my conduct and my values and my ideals."

Of course we know that not everyone that says, "Lord, Lord" will enter the kingdom of Heaven, and only those who do the will of God will make it in. But, if Obama says he is a Christian, who are we to say he isn't? He has been baptized and professes to be a Christian. Just because we don't agree with what he's doing or his opinions, it doesn't mean we are right in saying he isn't a believer.

I remember a Conservapedia ("The only trustworthy encyclopedia" LOL!) article that stated that Obama was a Muslim and an Atheist in the same paragraph. :laugh:

I watched about 4 minutes of it and failed to see any proof that he's Muslim. What am I missing here?

You know anyone can take quotes out of context and make them say whatever they want them to. It's not hard. I could probably make you seem Muslim if I had enough clips and I wanted to.

Guest DIIM

Americans believe anything hear on TV. Everyone know Obama is Satanism

I remember booting up Halo 3 the day after the election and hearing two guys in my game talk about the results. One of them said, "Who did you vote for?", "McCain. But I like Obama too", "Ehhh... I'm not so sure about having a Muslim in the White House", "wwwwhaaaaaaat!?!?!?"

It's ridiculous.

As I kiwi I'm curious, why is he considered Muslim of all religions?

I'm pretty sure there was some rumor that he was sworn into senate on a Quran. That's what I heard early on a while before the elections.

I'm pretty sure there was some rumor that he was sworn into senate on a Quran. That's what I heard early on a while before the elections.

His dad was Muslim and his middle name is Hussein therefor he is too. Nevermind that he didn't know his dad and is Christian.

Whoa man! Didn't he say he is a christian? I mean that church he went to was pretty nuts but he said he was!