How did you meet your girlfriend/wife?

iPraise

Saw a similar thread (obviously about guys) in the women's thread. Curious :)

Well, I met her friend back in January, shortly after I broke up with my ex. I went to her for advice and such, before I knew it, we were friends. So I hung out with her and Reianna (my girlfriend) and things just clicked! We talked a lot and were really good together. And before I knew it, I had feelings for her. I prayed about it (wanting to make sure it was true and good.) and felt that it was right. June 4th, I asked her out. She said yes. :) We've been dating since.

You guys?

I'm not dating currently

My ex, however, randomly sat down next to me during a field trip, asked me what I was reading (Bird by Bird), and launched on a monologue about how much she loves birds and how she'd named one pidgeon in particular Romeo Chocolate-malt...

It was an interesting conversation |D

I'm saving my dating until marriage. x]

Then you don't date—ever. You will get engaged. Don't muddy the precision of English with this defiance of definition D<

i went to a youth group id met her before but never spoke to her then one night she was crying her eyes out but nobody went to comfort her or talk to her so i follwed her outside and said"aww come here" i was a sympothetic ear and sat talkign to her for about 3 hours then after she came back from germany we started to date

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Via CTF, as it happens. Yikes, that was a long time ago...we met up for the first time in August 2008 after knowing each other for just over a year online. And we started going out a month later...it was completely unplanned, though. And here we are over 2 years later, still together. <3

At the begining of december I sold a packet of chewing gum at my old job running a cafe and because there was no other customers (due to huge amounts of snow) we chatted for about 5 minutes... and then later on that night she came and gave me a christmas card... she didn't know my name so she just wrote "to shop-boy"

2 weeks later she came in just briefly but I had already prepared a christmas card for her... with my phone number in it.

In the end it didn't work out I was moving away and she was too. but It was a blissful christmas romance

Lifes Complications... V_V

• 2 weeks later...
At the begining of december I sold a packet of chewing gum at my old job running a cafe and because there was no other customers (due to huge amounts of snow) we chatted for about 5 minutes... and then later on that night she came and gave me a christmas card... she didn't know my name so she just wrote "to shop-boy"

2 weeks later she came in just briefly but I had already prepared a christmas card for her... with my phone number in it.

In the end it didn't work out I was moving away and she was too. but It was a blissful christmas romance

Lifes Complications... V_V

That's pretty tough. There could have been potential there. Ah well, you know what they say, there's plenty of fish in the sea ;).

I met mine when I was 16. More specifically, it was during the fall retreat of 2008 and on my birthday (double whammy). We never spoke before that because, well, I was new to the church and I didn't meet everyone there yet. She had just turned 15 a couple of weeks before that weekend event. What ended up happening is that she lost her cellphone and her friends were looking around for it. After some time, they saw my best friend and I walking to get some lunch. They quickly asked if either of us had seen a missing cellphone in the vicinity. We both had absolutely no idea that somebody had lost a cellphone. I then came up with the idea of calling that number with my cellphone so that we can easily locate it by simply hearing the ring-tone that she had set.

It took me a couple of minutes for me to find it, but in the end I did. She was really blown away by that, and so were her friends. We quickly became best friends since that time and started dating in August of 2010. I've liked her for a little over 2 years now. We've been going out for 5 months.

Oh and, in case anyone asks, she likes me for more than my cell-phone finding skills, lol.

Via CTF, as it happens. Yikes, that was a long time ago...we met up for the first time in August 2008 after knowing each other for just over a year online. And we started going out a month later...it was completely unplanned, though. And here we are over 2 years later, still together. <3

Thats awesome..

I never have much luck with girls. Every time I get into a relationship, it ends in disaster and I feel worse than I did before I got involved. Maybe it just takes time, but I'm not into self inflicted pain. I tend to just live my life and if someone comes along I tread very lightly. - Jaded

I met my girlfriend when I heard that the college I am now attending was going to visit my grandparents church for a luncheon seminar. I met her in the sunday school, we only played half a foosball game against each other, and we never said another word to each other. Then she friend requested me on facebook and I was thinking "Awesomeeeee cute girl, yessss." After multiple facebook conversations and then joining her church's easter choir, I finally got the nerve to ask her dad and he said yes. Then I asked her and she said yes. It was a good day. Seven more days till our 10 month anniversary :)

• 3 weeks later...

I met my wife in first grade at our Christian school. We were friends until 9th grade when we started dating. And we got married during our senior year of high school. We are now proud parents of an adorable little boy. She is still my best friend! <3