Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christopherjr

Christian Bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Crossfade, Shinedown, and Seether??

28 posts in this topic

I like the Style of every band mentioned in the title, but not the content of some their lyrics. Can anyone suggest me some Christian Bands that sound like them? or even some Bands with Christian members that don't curse and glorify Ungodly things? Not the obvious like P.O.D. but ones I might not have heard of... any help is much appreciated!

Big Dismal, perhaps? I'm not sure if they're one of the really obvious ones or not. If you haven't heard of them check out Running Through My Mind and Remember (I. O. U.) and see how you like them.

Project 86

Kutless (songs like "Touch", "Pride Away", "Million Dollar Man", "Push Me Away")

Pillar

Spoken

Pillar

Underoath

August Burns Red

PAX217 (I love them a lot...)

Justifide

The Wedding

Disciple (I like them...)

Thousand Foot Krutch (one of my favourite bands...)

That's all I can think of right now :)

I know Pillar, Pro. 86, Kutless, UnderOATH, ABR, Pax, Justifide, Disciple, and TFK... Love them all, I'll look up your other suggestions, thanks!

Wow, you know most of the suggestions. lol

How about ...

- 12 Stones

- Dead Poetic (cool band)

- East West

- Manic Drive (I love them, saw them perform, met them, good music)

- Blindside

- Staple (only heard one song "Do or Die", and it was alright)

And I'm sure you know about Flyleaf and Red and Falling Up.

Virginia Creeper (admittedly, very weird though lol)

The Showdown

Immortal Souls

Staple

Red

Demon Hunter

The Ascendicate (formerly the7method)

Brian Welch (former guitar player for Korn)

These are some off the top of my head that I can think of. You've probably heard most of them though. I'll keep thinking!

Yeah, the only one I haven't heard of is Staple, but I'll look them up! Thanks!

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Casting Crowns is not exactly the sound I was asking for, but yes, I like some of their songs, thanks!

I've not heard Virgiania Creeper (but if they're weird... idk lol), Immortal Souls, or The Ascendicate, thanks!

Nailpoint

Seventh Seal

Stryper

Willet

Trisonic

Holy Bible

Judah First (like them a lot even though I don't own their albums lol)

Some other bands not mentioned in the thread so far:

Naked Heart (great nu metal!)

Travail

Gryp (pretty unknown and underground though)

Lucerin Blue

Norma Jean (specifically check out their "The Anti Mother" album)

I also second the suggestion of The Ascendicate, as they're a really good and underrated band.

Hope This Helps.

Some older stuff that still rocks (may have already been mentioned):

Altar Boys : Angelica : Atomic Opera : Ben Okafor : Bride : Brighton : Chris Taylor (LoveComa/Notorius Sinners) : Clash of Symbols : Crashdog : Darrell Mansfield : David Edwards : Dez Dickerson : Disciple : Fear Not : Fred Haring : Glenn Kaiser : Grammatrain : Greg Long : Greg X. Volz (of PETRA) : Guardian : Halo : Jamie Rowe (Guardian) : John Elefante (Kansas) : Ken Tamplin (Shout/Magdallan) : Larry Norman : Leviticus (Sweden) : Lovewar : Lust Control : Mastedon : Michael Been/The Call : Michael Peace : Mike Lee (Barren Cross) : Mike Stand : Mortal : Narnia (Germany) : Nitro Praise : Paul Q-Pek : Petra : Poor Old Lu : Q-Stone (Sweden) : Resurrection Band (Rez Band) : Richie Furay (Poco/Buffalo Springfield) : Rick Cua : Robin Kyle (Joshua/Die Happy/Red Sea) : Sacred Warrior : Scarecrow & Tinmen : Scaterd Few : Sean Patrick Doty (Veil of Ashes, Veil, Unveiled) : Seraiah : Stryper : The Brave : The Choir : The Prayer Chain : Tourniquet : Veni Domine (Sweden) : Vigilantes of Love : X-Sinner

Some newer stuff too:

HB : Mehida (Finland) : Sawol (Finland) : Pain Remains (Finland) : In Process (Finland) : Mortification : Holding Onto Hope : Warcry (Finland) : Hilastherion : The Rose Hill : Arnion : Crimson Thorn : Post Mortum : ManufraQture : Adelaide : Boarders (Italy) : Fires of Babylon : Lament : The Blood Reckoning : The Burial : Deuteronomium (Finland) : Veni Domine (Sweden - GREAT sound!) : As Bound With Them : Seven System : Stigmata : Remembrance: Circus Dawn : White Collar Sideshow (Heavy percussion instrumental - awesome sound!) : These 5 Down : Breaking the Silence : This Fire's Embrace : A Cold Vein : With A Kiss : Prone : East West : Since October : Solomon's Splendor : Seeking Asylum : Exiled : Earth Salt : Convicted : Eraphym : Red : Maylene and the Sons of Disaster (Southern Metal - awesome!)

Hope this helps give some variety!! There is a ton of stuff out there but not always so easy to find it all. I run a Christian music radio distribution site (HeirChex) that provides all types of music to radio professionals around the world. Our site does not provide music to non-radio professionals but there is a lot of information about 100's of artists with samples of what they sound like.

Enjoy!

Aaron

Dud, have you tride Kutless, or 12 stones? There nice, close to Seether, just not that heavy. . . infact there like one step away from them. Try them. I did, and I was happy with what I found. But if you all ready know them. . . well then atleast I can say I tride. Also, if you listen closely to some of Seether's songs, it is christian. . . but only some of them. Like "The Gift", and "Tongue". Linken Park's songs can also be used as a motivator, they've got some nice mssges in them. . . only some of them. Just listen closely. And to all the South Africans on the site, staan saam Suid Afrika!! Ons mag dalk 'n nasie wes van baie kleure en tale, ma ns was almal geskape deur die selfde God!! Tnx friends. =]

Prophecy Of Shadows. :baghead:

Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park are Christian?

News to me. o.O

No, none of the bands listed are Christian, originally I was looking for Bands similar to those Secular artists...

Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park are Christian?

News to me. o.O

lol when I initially saw the thread title I was all like, "you're having a laugh."

But yeah, he's answered your post so this was kind of unnecessary, I just wanted to point out that I had the same reaction...

Sorry, I can't think of any Christian bands that I've heard that evoke any of the above.

No, I think he's looking for Christian bands who sound like them.
No, none of the bands listed are Christian, originally I was looking for Bands similar to those Secular artists...
lol when I initially saw the thread title I was all like, "you're having a laugh."

But yeah, he's answered your post so this was kind of unnecessary, I just wanted to point out that I had the same reaction...

Sorry, I can't think of any Christian bands that I've heard that evoke any of the above.

Ah, I read it wrong, my bad, sorry.