Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dawnmarie17

CTF Official Favorite Bible Verse/Story Thread

78 posts in this topic

my favorite bible verse is john 3:16. : for god so loved the world he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not parish but have ever lasting life"

i like this verse a lot because it shows m that god does love me. he loves me enough to send his son to die for me

It is a great verse !

it says a whole lot in a one sentence

Can I share my favorite verse?

mine is James 1: 2-

2. Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

I really like the whole passage but this one gets to me the most =D

Philippians 4:4

Rejoice in the Lord always; I will say it again, Rejoice!

It help me get through a lot of struggles and it's on the back of my lettermen Jacket.

Hopefully it will encourage every one else to do the same!

That's good. Mine is

He heals the broken hearted and bindeth up their wounds. Psalms 147:3

cause ive sturggled w/ cutting 4 a while now and every time i read this verse it reminds me that he will heal me i just have to believe and it helps me get through the rest of my day.

But if we hope for that we se not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Romans 8:25

To me it askes if we hope for things we don't see and if we are willing to wait for it.

2 Timothy 1:7

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and self-discipline."

we got this verse at youth camp, i think it was the most blessed youth camp ever!

we don't have to be afraid to tell people about God :) cuz He will help us

''If you are ridiculed for the name of Christ, you are blessed for the spirit of glory and of God rests upon you'' 1 Peter 4:14

The first verse that really inspired me and i'd go as far to say it helped me make a commitment :)

I was asked (at a relatively young age) what was stopping me becoming a Christian and in my honestly I said i thought I might get teased! Then I was given this verse!

My favourite chapter in the Bible would have to be PSALMS 139.

And one of my favourite verses is Phillippians 4:8 - "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."

And I also like Isaiah 41:10 - "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

My favorite Bible verse is Isaiah 40:28-31

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

It's just beautiful to me. :)

One of my favorites is Revelation 21:4

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Wow! That's a beautiful verse. This verse does have the complete essence of what God likes us to know about. It just summarizes that whoever believes in God will not meet an end and that's what believing in God is all about and following His path.

Check out Ephesians 3:14-21.

It's another passage that speaks of the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge.

The one from proverbs in my signature and James 1:19 "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,"

Job 12:7

..."Instead, ask the animals, and they will teach you. Ask the birds, and they will tell you."...

That is my all-time favorite verse... <3 <3 <3

I love the story of Jonah. It's so easy to relate to: who hasn't run from God? And then when we think we're in for it big (the whale) we find out that it's God saving us and getting us ready for something major.

And then of course there's the verse in Matthew where Jesus explains how only a corrupt generation asks for a sign, and they will only get the sign of Jonah. It's a great reminder. I just love the humility and simplicity of the story. :)

mels

I love the story of Jonah. It's so easy to relate to: who hasn't run from God? And then when we think we're in for it big (the whale) we find out that it's God saving us and getting us ready for something major.

That's a great story...

I also like the stories of : Noah, Joseph and his brothers, Moses, Samson and Delilah, David and Goliath, David and Bathsheba, Esther, The Fiery Furnace, Daniel in Den of Lions, Jesus' birth, Jesus feeding the 5,000, and the whole story from The Last Supper to the Resurrection.

Those are my favourites :)

I just love the entire book of James, really. It's awesome.

Agreed!

Isaiah 43:1-2

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."

It just shows so much that God is with us, he won't let things harm us, no matter what happens. It's been a real comfort to me.