Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dawnmarie17

CTF Official Favorite Bible Verse/Story Thread

78 posts in this topic

Hi; this is my first time posting.

My favorite verse, I think, is Sirach 40:21: "The flute and the harp offer sweet melody, but better than either, a voice that is true." I'm a musician, so I can deeply relate to this.

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)-

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

varför skulle n i leta efter mig.visste nii inte att jag måste vara hos min fader.”

Luk 2:41

why should you look for me.know you not i must b e with my father.

Gosh, how can I pick just ONE!

But Jeremiah 33:3 - "Call to me and I will answer you. I will show you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

Phillipians 4 "6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all you heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight.

I've always liked the Parable of the Lost Sheep. So often we feel like that one lost sheep, and it's awesome to know that God comes after us when we stray, and is happy that we come back to Him.

Mine is the story of Joseph. It is just so amazing how he had the entire world against him and yet still loved God and how God lifted him up... So amazing.

Mine is the parable of the prodigal son.

I see the father standing before his home, seeing his son and I just feel (to some degree) God's unconditional love for us as the Father runs to his sona nd embraces and kisses him and doesn't rebuke him in any way. He's overflowing with joy because of his son. not because of anything the son has achieved or has or such but because it is him and he has returned.

Pure amazing unconditional love.

the one where Jesus healed the blind man by spitting in mud and telling him to wash it off:) my pastor was tellin' that one in church today:) he's the kinda guy who finds humor in everything:) hah

and then my other favorite is when Ehud kills Eglon:)

Mine is the parable of the prodigal son.

I see the father standing before his home, seeing his son and I just feel (to some degree) God's unconditional love for us as the Father runs to his sona nd embraces and kisses him and doesn't rebuke him in any way. He's overflowing with joy because of his son. not because of anything the son has achieved or has or such but because it is him and he has returned.

Pure amazing unconditional love.

I heard a sermon on that story where the pastor was talking about how everyone focuses on the younger son, when it's just as important to make sure we aren't like the older son, who got mad about the celebration at the end. In the end, the point of the sermon was that we need to be happy when even the "worst" sinners come to know Jesus. I've never read that story the same way again. :)

My favourite is the story of Elisha and the two bears (2 Kings 2:23-25).

23 Then he (Elisha) went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number. 25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

Quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever heard of.

mine is "let he without sin cast the first stone"one becuase it shows that people should not judge because they have either done something bad or something worse

im actually getting that sentance tattooed on me

The parable of the talents, found in Matthew 25:14-30 and Luke 19:12-28. It gives so much more perspective on what we, as God's servants, should be doing. God has given each of us abilities and gifts (talents) with which we are to get people saved. Those who cultivate their gifts and multiply them, bringing souls into the kingdom, are blessed with much more when He returns. The servants who don't do anything with their talents are called wicked! It even implies those who don't do the will of the Father are no better than the unsaved, and they are given the rewarded of the unrighteous. Keeps me on my toes to be sure!

I agree that we should use our God-given gifts and talents but ultimately it's the Holy Spirit/God himself who saves people/brings them into his kingdom.

Phillipians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Gosh, how can I pick just ONE!

But Jeremiah 33:3 - "Call to me and I will answer you. I will show you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

I'll take this for today!!!

This summer I lived by Micah 3:4

They will cry yet he will not hear them in fact he will hide his face from them for they have been evil in their doings.

Its not the exact words but hopefully close enough

I was doing evil so i thought God was hiding from me which now I know he was right there waiting for me to run to him. I look back and realize that i was really just being foolish and i was trying to keep up my walls and keep him from healing me.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39

OH OH! PICK ME! :D

The story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. :3

FOOOOOR...

These verses:

Daniel 3: 17-18

"17) "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire, and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king.

18) "BUT EVEN IF HE DOES NOT, let it be known that we will not serve your gods...

Oh man...it's full of so much win. XD Every time I read it, I get all, "HECK YEAH! IN YO' FACE! >:O"

And it's a good reminder. Just because God doesn't necessarily do what we want Him to do, doesn't mean He isn't sovereign. :3

Outside of that verse, I just love the whole story of Daniel and his friends being taken from their homes at young ages, going through hell, and STILL having faith. <3 Great story.

Hmm. I have so many favorite Bible verses, but here are a few that I love:

Isaiah 43:2 - When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

2 Samuel 22:32 - “For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?

Proverbs 19:23 - The fear of the Lord leads to life, and whoever has it rests satisfied; he will not be visited by harm.

Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Philippians 4:4-6 - Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

For a Bible story...I like the first few chapters of the Bible. All the ones telling about creation. :]

My favorite STORY the Prodigal Son, I would have put the entire book of Revelation but I don't know if that will count

Same here. I LOVE Revelation. It's amazing. :)

My favourite Bible verse has always been Jeremiah 29:11, but I've discovered that it is even more amazing when you read it in context. It's God speaking to the children of Israel, even as they are captives in a foreign country. God put the children of Israel in that situation for a reason, that they would turn back to Him. But God promised them that their dark time would not be forever. He had a future and a hope for them, and He would deliver them in His perfect time. But even in the midst of that strange and wicked city, God told them that they could have peace. This portion of scripture so so encourages me. It gives me hope, and reminds me that I can have peace regardless of my surroundings. =)