Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

P90X

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Jakob

Jakob

Member - 10Ker

• 13,731 posts
I rarely post here so the result is that I may rarely look back here, but even so!

I started doing the P90X (Power 90 Extreme) workout two weeks ago (I am currently in week three) and I started off weighing 262 pounds or more. I didn't actually weigh myself until a few days after.
After only 7 days from my initial weighing of myself had I lost 10 pounds already.

My legs have lost a large amount of fat immediately, my stomach has reduced, and I've gone down a belt notch with no worries at all. My face is thinner and I have a very constant large amount of energy now.

Out of all the workouts I've attempted to do at the gym, like tricep extensions, curls, squats, bench pressing, and all of that have I never gotten such immediate and significant results so fast.

Further, I've started eating better. I cut out unhealthy food like most red meat, pizza, and fast food. Because I work at a sandwich shop 50 hours a week it's hard to not eat there, but I have brought salads to work and I keep my intake of things there to a healthy level. I most common will eat roast beef, turkey, tomatoes, lettuce, and Grey Poupon dijon mustard on a french roll.
It proves to be quite exquisite and is helping me in almost every area of my life.

I've been sleeping better due to more energy exertion, I wake up faster and stronger, I can think a little more clearly and my stress has gone down.

My friends and family have noticed significant results already in my posture, face, and even my body size.
This is by far the best work out I've ever done for a long term short cost expense.

If you're looking to lose unhealthy fat and weight and replace it with some nice lean, mean, or ripped muscles, look into P90X.

I have taken typical "before" pictures and once I'm done with the program I can post my "after" pictures so as long as it's not a problem for me to post pictures of me standing without a shirt on, even though I admittedly was overweight.

Guest_SaphireSaint_*

Guest_SaphireSaint_*

That's awesome man! Being fit is fun ;) can't wait to see those after pics!(no homo)

Squishy

Squishy

Member - 1Ker

• 2,229 posts
If you can lose weight that's great.
However you should note that on programs which have a high protein diet you will lose lots of weight in the first week or two, but this is mostly due to water loss.
These programs do work though but the rate of weight loss will not be as fast as the first week. Hope I haven't been too much of a downer =/
Good Luck! =D

206gcht.jpg
Whipped by the captain 24/05 never forget

Jakob

Jakob

Member - 10Ker

• 13,731 posts
I believe it.
Last week I noticed a difference in my weight loss, however this week seems to be picking up. I think it might due with a very omega-rich supplement I added to help remove brown fat cells and convert them into energy.

I'm just looking to get fit. If I get back down to 210 that'd be amazing. If not, well, that's cool too.

Jarrax Volk

Jarrax Volk

Member - 5Ker

• 5,428 posts

I believe it.
Last week I noticed a difference in my weight loss, however this week seems to be picking up. I think it might due with a very omega-rich supplement I added to help remove brown fat cells and convert them into energy.

I'm just looking to get fit. If I get back down to 210 that'd be amazing. If not, well, that's cool too.

What was the supplement? OmegaRed?
"In the beginning was the Logic, and the Logic was with God, and the Logic was God." ~ Gordon H. Clark

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried." ~ G.K. Chesterton

CTF Husband to Blacknight17, CTF Dad to Carlisle-Wolf, Precious, Stars and ran1078, CTF Brother to HaleyGirl16 and Boogles, CTF Brother-In-Law to ShieldOfFaith, and CTF Uncle to WahooPunch!

The Last Generation Forum!

Jakob

Jakob

Member - 10Ker

• 13,731 posts
Omega Cuts.

Deborah

Deborah

Member - 1Ker

• 1,095 posts
That's really awesome!
Deborah, 19 years old.
That's my boyfriend of 2 and a half years in my pic :) He's the best.
I'm a typical college kid, except that I think way too much.
I'm an original FYGer, along with Pointer and Brian.
My favorite book is Wuthering Heights. I'm sort of obsessed with it.
Also, I look like I'm 14. However, I'm not, so don't let that deceive you.

Jarrax Volk

Jarrax Volk

Member - 5Ker

• 5,428 posts

Omega Cuts.

Phew, that stuff's expensive--at least, from the manufacturer ($74.99). You might try Animal Cuts for a slightly cheaper formula that works well (I can attest to that), or Isatori's MX-LS7 fat-burning supplement--it'll work wonders, from everything I've heard. Both of those contain caffeine, to my knowledge.
"In the beginning was the Logic, and the Logic was with God, and the Logic was God." ~ Gordon H. Clark

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried." ~ G.K. Chesterton

CTF Husband to Blacknight17, CTF Dad to Carlisle-Wolf, Precious, Stars and ran1078, CTF Brother to HaleyGirl16 and Boogles, CTF Brother-In-Law to ShieldOfFaith, and CTF Uncle to WahooPunch!

The Last Generation Forum!

Rizel

Rizel

Member - 1Ker

• 3,860 posts
So proud of you, love! Keep it up!

freezexbrand

freezexbrand

Member - 1Ker

• 2,479 posts
i tryed it. it's tough, i got sick after week two, haha. i wasn't looking to lose weight but build muscle and get into better shape so i was on a slightly different program then what you are doing probably, but I would like to get back to it.

Bring It On

'Cameras or guns, I know one of you is gonna shoot me to death'

USMC Psych

USMC Psych

Accomplished Poster

• 442 posts
Haha, keep it up man. The P90x is a favorite here among the Marines... Although we sometimes go a bit further it is a challenge.
"Before God we are all equally wise, and eqaully foolish." ~ Albert Einstein

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience." ~Albert Einstein

Jakob

Jakob

Member - 10Ker

• 13,731 posts
Here are my day 1 and 90 pictures.

http://img577.images...xstarttoend.jpg

Rizel

Rizel

Member - 1Ker

• 3,860 posts

Here are my day 1 and 90 pictures.

http://img577.images...xstarttoend.jpg

So proud of you, Jake!

Jakob

Jakob

Member - 10Ker

• 13,731 posts
Why thank you! =D

Jedi Yin

Jedi Yin

Getting The Hang Of Things

• 54 posts
What a gorgeous specimen of a man :D Keep up the superb work!

Mark

Mark

CTF Staff

• 2,017 posts
I've heard a lot about it. Is it really worth paying the $100 for it? I mean, it does seem rather expensive and I could practically get a gym membership for that much.

Just saw your success pictures, ha. They're really impressive, bro. Good job!

I just downloaded the Ab Ripper X and, like, my abs are broke now. Are you able to get through the whole thing at his pace? I've noticed that he goes ridiculously fast.

2egguxh.png

Jakob

Jakob

Member - 10Ker

• 13,731 posts

I've heard a lot about it. Is it really worth paying the $100 for it? I mean, it does seem rather expensive and I could practically get a gym membership for that much.

Just saw your success pictures, ha. They're really impressive, bro. Good job!

I just downloaded the Ab Ripper X and, like, my abs are broke now. Are you able to get through the whole thing at his pace? I've noticed that he goes ridiculously fast.

It is worth every single penny of it. And although it is as expensive as going to a gym, I saw on twitter that someone has gone through the program SIXTEEN times and they are still seeing results from it. $120 for four years of physical health and fitness? It may get annoying, but you probably won't plateau for a long time and you'll keep fit.

And those results aren't maximized. Those are actually quite bland compared to others. I'd say for a normal person who has a hard time eating a strict healthy diet this is the average results. But I'm going through my second time now.
I shredded a LOT of fat when I started it, and now I"m more toning a lot of fat into muscle. My weight has been about the same, which is okay, but I've lost about 9% body fat which is awesome.
I've gone down almost two pant sizes now- which is almost four inches around my waist. My only problem is finding pants with legs big enough for mine because I have super huge upper legs because of pure muscle.

I'd recommend this to anyone. It's really changed my whole life. I feel healthy, eat healthy, live healthy, and look healthy for the first time in many years.

Worth every pennies.

HisGirl

HisGirl

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
About two/three months ago, I started to hear quite a few of my friends talk about getting the P90X, but I never knew how well it worked. Well, now I know! Great job!! :D

Craigsnedeker

Craigsnedeker

Member - 1Ker

• 1,057 posts
I take 1/2 to 1 mile walks daily and notice better results.

Best of all it's free, and a great way to enjoy God's creation :D
When people ask me “well how do you explain this? How can you prove this?” I don’t have to prove it to you, all I have to do is wait till reality proves it for me.
Again, you nay sayers can go head and mock, ridicule, but for those of us who knew what were looking at, after studying and researching this, based on our understanding of how they operate, we knew in our hearts, and still know.

Madame Captain

Madame Captain

Member - 5Ker

• 5,528 posts
I tried p90x today...

I'm way too dainty for this stuff. ._.

CTF married to Radical Edward, my heathen wife. <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users