Sign in to follow this  
blacknight17

sadness

well, since i my friend started showing up (you know, monthy) it has never been regular. like i would have one in may but then not again till november (great in terms of swimming all summer long) but it has never straightend itself out, so my mom took me to the doctor. but before that i did some reseach and the results i came up with matched me perfectly (not to much detail but stuff like excesive hair, bad bad acne, extra weight that does not go away, and missed friends [monthy] are just to name a few) but then i went to the doctor and it was comfermed that i have this desease.

but one thing that has been bothering me is that i will have a difficult time having children. and on top of that both my mother and her mother lost more children than they gave birth to, and they did not have this desease. so with these two factors i am so scared that i will never be able to have any of my own.

I'm sorry to hear about that but remember that God has his reasons why things happen the way that they do. We probably won't know why but trust that he has your best interests at heart.

Y'know, there are lots of kids out there in need of good adoptive parents. :) I'm all for adoption...if you're really worried about not being able to have your own kids, you should consider adoption. You'd give a child something they desperately needed, and still be able to raise them as your own. I know it's probably not the same as making your own child, but it's an option. ^_^ The Bible even talks about how it's our duty as Christians to take care of orphans. Who knows? Maybe God sees that you'd make an adopted child very happy someday and is preparing you for that early...maybe he's setting that path. I don't know, but don't let it get you down. Like the poster above me said, God has His reasons.

Good luck with what you're going through. :)

my mom thought of adoption after she was to old to have anymore children, it is a good idea.

i have lived/worked at a daycare all my life. i see these kids with their parents and sometimes i think "wow they did an awesome job with thier kids" or i know some parents who the relationship is neither good for the parents nor the children.

i know there is a plan for everything, but kids are my life. they have been, why take that hope away? cant i have kids and adopt too? i get so angry about it. it is not fair.

*hugs* I know that you're frustrated... so go talk to God about it. He knows that you're frustrated. Seriously go talk to him about how you feel, tell him what you're telling us. He may not reveal to you instantly why this is happening, but that's where faith comes in. You have to learn to trust that God knows what is best for you.

You just said that kids are your life... so keep it that way. Even if they aren't your own children, you can express the love you have for kids to the ones that need it the most.

It will be ok. My mom was told she would never be able to have children, and she had me, then was told again that she would not be able to have more children, then, as she was going into preop for a historectomy (spelling?) she found out she was pregnant with my sister. Then, a little over a year ago, she legally adopted my step-brother so he is now my legal brother. God preforms miracles, and if not, God has his reasons. I know it doesn't seem fair, but i promise God has a plan. I have been told I may not be able to have children either, but you need to stay positive and keep faith in God.

So you have PCOS too. It's not a childless sentence. Back in the 80's my mother was told, quite confidently, by a doctor that she would NEVER have children. When she and my father married she told him and he was ok with it, but they decided "Eh, we won't take any steps to prevent it's not going to happen anyway."

8 months later I was conceived and 2 months after that my mom figured it out haha. Sure, it wasn't a couple months after marriage, but it came. For my sister it only took one time. Mostly because after I was born my mom's body kind of "reset". Her hormones went really wonky for a bit then all of a sudden her period came normally. My parents' "downfall" then was thinking I was a fluke.

Living with PCOS isn't fun. If you want to help your chances of someday having children then get it under control. Take your metformin if you are on it and really work hard on your diet if you have the insulin resistance that goes along with it. Get on a progesterone or bc pill to stop cysts forming on your ovaries. Once you lose weight and get a normal period your testosterone levels will go down and you can have laser hair removal.

The better your health is tied with the younger you are when you start helps your fertility. I am not going into life thinking that I am going to have problems having children. Could I? Of course, but you don't know these things for sure until you start trying to concieve.

I can totally relate hun. I was also told that I will have a difficult time to actually get pregnant. The only thing right here that is key is that God can bring miracles. He knows you're hurting right now and that it's something you're afraid of, but you have to have FAITH in God's ways. This isn't the end. Seriously! And someday when you eventually do want to kids and are busy trying I can guarantee you that the desire to have a child will be so strong, adopting wouldn't even matter to you, as long as you can have a child. But please, don't like, give up on the idea of never having your own kids. It IS possible no matter what. You need to keep reminding yourself that there might be a reason behind this, I already decided that perhaps God knows that I have a weak back and probably won't be able to handle the strain for example. God wouldn't put your through something you can't cope with.

Y'know, there are lots of kids out there in need of good adoptive parents. :) I'm all for adoption...if you're really worried about not being able to have your own kids, you should consider adoption. You'd give a child something they desperately needed, and still be able to raise them as your own. I know it's probably not the same as making your own child, but it's an option. ^_^ The Bible even talks about how it's our duty as Christians to take care of orphans. Who knows? Maybe God sees that you'd make an adopted child very happy someday and is preparing you for that early...maybe he's setting that path. I don't know, but don't let it get you down. Like the poster above me said, God has His reasons.

Good luck with what you're going through. :)

^Amen! :)

I'd like to adopt myself...still don't know if I'd like to have any biologically. But if you desperately want one of your own, keep in mind--ALL things are possible with God!

thanks guys, i guess i just go really depressed about the news and the situation. i forgot about God. thanks :)

now i am just having a hard time with getting my weight and such under control, i use to excerce constant, every morning for a year. i changed my diet too, but nothing changed. so i gave it up. but i need to get back into it again, pray for me please, this is going to be hard...

you know, this afternoon when i got off CTF i prayed that God will help me through this, and then i went to talk to my mom about somthing completely different. but the first thing she said was that my problem is heriditary. so her problems with getting pregent was a lighter form of what i have. this was just an amazing answer to prayer, He showed me that i dont have 2 strikes against me, just the one that can be delt with.

If you stick to low carb/no sugar added/ sugar free, control your bread/pasta/fruit intake and cut out soda (drink water or unsweetened tea instead) it will be the first steps in turning things around.

And yes, PCOS is hereditary

Sign in to follow this