Arelia: the Isle of Calypso (OT Thread)

Atlantis

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I dont mind So long as Ashelys okay with the Idea *Runs off to edit*

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Dang... I prefer smaller rps in general, but we'll see how this works out.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

All good ideas though guys. ^_^

LOL Zabby just realized she sounded grouchy

Well I dont mind So long as Ashelys okay with the Idea *Runs off to edit*

Wait? What am I disagreeing with? Is this the age thing, cause I'd rather kill Milo's magic powers than age him with my storyline.

Well, if need be I'm not *completely* opposed to killing a character off later down the line... I really do love them both though haha

If my calcularitstrations are corect we has 6 guys and 4 girls Have I missed somone? adding Logos and ebony makes 12 not 13 (so long as they make 1 charrie each)

Girls

Atlantis

Hope

Serena

Emilise

Guys

Ami

Casir

Milo

Dorian

Jason

Tristan

TBA

Logos Posible ninja

And Ebonys posible whatever shes planing

(Have I missed somone?)

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

And yeah Betcha somones gonna die

Wait? What am I disagreeing with? Is this the age thing, cause I'd rather kill Milo's magic powers than age him with my storyline.

Well, if need be I'm not * completely* opposed to killing a character off later down the line... I really do love them both though haha

*Feels Guilty* Its part of who your character is though..... Maybee he could be a part myth creature sorta like serena?

And Tj I looked all over for Kailya but I cant find her

^ It shouldn't be that big of a deal, you see while Milo is a magician he's not that good. He'll use magic, but in ways that are more unique than skillful. Plus, Milo throws a good party and makes a lot of powerful friends. If he needed something done he most likely could get another magician to do his dirty work. ;-)

I suppose I could up the age, but it would throw off the relationship between him and Emilise and I kind of like how easily they can make fun of each other lol.

^ It shouldn't be that big of a deal, you see while Milo is a magician he's not that good. He'll use magic, but in ways that are more unique than skillful. Plus, Milo throws a good party and makes a lot of powerful friends. If he needed something done he most likely could get another magician to do his dirty work. ;-)

And I think Kaiylyn is a character TJ intends to make I don't think he's posted her.

So long as your okay with it then.

And Tj XD How many characters are you planing on having?

I wasn't going to make another charrie, but TJ asked me to, so I did for him ^_^

Name: Kailya (pronounce Ky la) Ray Delvd

Species: Human Tribe/Culture: Calinowayn,

Birthplace: Born in the Realm of Magic, in the country side.

Special Skills: Kailya is rather skilled in hand to hand combat, and very accurate with throwing daggers, but mostly it's just her intelligence that puts her out of the way. She's good at problem solving.

Weapons/Special Possessions: Kailya carries mostly hidden throwing daggers and some various forms of poisons, but all of this is hidden from everyone else. Her actual title in the group is historian. She's there to document the progress of the journey for later generations and report back to central on how the journey is going

Appearance:

Riza_Hawkeye.jpg

Personality: Kailya is a very serious, and sometimes even stern woman. Being the oldest of three caused her to take a lot of responsibility and take care of her younger brothers, but sometimes she does dote on Casir a little too much.

Background:Kailya grew up with Casir and Brian. She entered into government work early in her life. She expected to just work underneath some of the big wigs with a paper pushing job, but that was not to be the case. In order to enter into the government, everyone has to take a Civil service test. Kailya scored uncommonly high and was separated into the spy program.

During her years of training, Kailya was recognized by one of the Hawe ; although she often wondered if this man likes her for her looks rather then for her skills. He would often call Kailya into his office to talk about her future. Sometimes he got far too close for comfort, or the way he said his words gave Kailya the chills. Very recently, the man decided that he would make his move on her. Kailya repelled him and stopped any sort of relationship that would happen, but because of that the man appointed her for the mission to hunt Calypso. The Hawe hoped that she would be killed on this mission. Kailya has only bee on one or two missions before. She is no where near skilled or ready to really contribute to the group, but she plans on trying her hardest and helping the group.

Merlin was around 500 yes?

I think he was significantly older than that, since he would've come to the island when he was already a very powerful sorcerer, making him at least several hundred years old in the first place. Therefore, Merlin probably lived to be about 800-900 years, which I'm assuming is the upper bound for age of sorcerers.

So the only thing that needs to be changed is your character's age.

Name: Lianhua Aeoui

Species: Human

Tribe/Culture: By birth, Kantch, but she has spent most of her life living in a Blue Heron monastery-orphanage, and later as a member of a secret society of elite warrior assassins called the Scythe of the Sage.

Birthplace: Orphida, Flaetr Island, Realm of Water

Special Skills: Martial arts, stealth, swordsmanship, Qi Magic,* poisons, traps, lock-picking, improvised weaponry, biology and anatomy (specialized knowledge oriented toward "how to quickly and silently kill someone"). Her Qi Magic enhances her strength, precision and speed in martial arts combat, and she also has a set of "elemental abilities" related to air, water/ice, and lightning ("the elements of Storm). It also gives her the ability to move with uncanny silence, and "become invisible" (blend in with her surroundings and "not be noticed" even when a camera would be able to photograph her).

Weapons/Special Possessions: Lianhua has a very fine quality set of swords (katana and wakizashi) imbued with magically-enhanced sharpness and strength. Their handles have secret compartments only she can open, which hold a selection of poisons, sedatives, paralyzing agents, and truth serum in highly-concentrated powder form. Her hairpins can serve as lethal throwing spikes, and she has several concealed "holdout" weapons (a garotte, kusari, utility knife, throwing knives) on her person.

Appearance:

FemaleSamurai.jpg

Personality: Lianhua is almost always deadly serious, a human weapon. When her humor does show, it is subtle and dry. She is indifferent to both taunts and pleas for mercy from a target (who would generally have to be quite merciless to be marked by the Artilect in the first place). She has a strong sense of justice, and will use her freedom of action to help people (say, if someone's being set upon by highwaymen in her presence), but she does not seek out such opportunity due to the rules of her Order.

Background: Lianhua was born to a fisherman and his wife and named Dipti. When she was still a small child, pirates raided her town and killed her parents. Having no next of kin to take her, she was given to the nearest Blue Heron orphanage-monastery. The Blue Heron Monks run a network of such orphanages and schools for poor children throughout the Island. Unknown to outsiders, orphans are tested for certain...aptitudes. At the age of nine, Dipti was selected and offered the chance to join the Scythe of the Sage, for which the Blue Heron Monasteries are a front. Since "those who are chosen are those who would choose," Dipti accepted, and was given a new name, Lianhua Aeoui, and given Ambrosia that gave her a capacity for Qi Magic and joined her to the Artilect. From then on, she was given intensive training in all of the arts she would need to serve as a Scythe of the Sage. She has recently reached the level of Adept, and is now ready for her first mission...

The Scythe of the Sage: The Scythe of the Sage was created by Merlin to be a final line of defense for the Island against tyranny within or from without. The Scythe was intended to intervene only rarely and have no role in day-to-day politics (as a buffer against corruption). Instead, the Scythe would assassinate a ruler or other villain who was, or would become an existential threat to the peace and liberty of the Island as a whole. Local tyrants or regular criminals, bandits, etc. were left alone on the understanding that the people and the normal institutions of society should have responsibility for dealing with them. The Scythe was not to become a government or a police force, lest it be tempted by power.

Merlin decided that the choice of targets for Scythe assassins could not be left solely to any person or group of persons, and that the Scythe itself could not have a political structure, lest the human tendency to seek power bend the Scythe from its purpose. To solve this problem, he created a mighty magical artifact/entity he called the Artilect. The precise nature of the Artilect is unknown to anyone living, but it seems to lie somewhere between a magical being and some kind of virtual machine. It does not have desires or interests of its own, but it "triggers" when it perceives that certain probabilities might manifest themselves. In a process involving a system of "checks and balances" between the Scythe's membership, "programming" put in place by Merlin, and pure mathematics of Bayesian probability calculation and utility maximization, the Artilect will sometimes name a target and select a member or members to take up the task of the assassination.

Members of the Scythe are themselves part of the Artilect, serving in some sense as its eyes and ears, and also to some degree its thinking and decision making processes. The Artilect does not rob them of their individuality in any way, but they can enter a meditative state in which they can participate in its meta-intelligence and/or communicate with other members. The existence of the Artilect is kept unknown to outsiders. The Artilect is also a Panopticon; anything that happens within a certain range of a Scythe member is stored within its memory and used to inform the Artilect's calculations. If a ruler, business tycoon or other powerful person tries to institute too great a degree of secrecy or suppression of thought, the Artilect will send one or more members to infiltrate the area (if they haven't already...).

Qi Magic: Qi Magic is a specialized type of magic conferred upon Initiates to the Scythe. It is invoked and controlled by certain inner states of mind and body movements, a kind of magical martial art. Initiates (like Lianhua) who are given this sort of magic but do not have regular magical talent cannot use regular magic items, spells, etc. more effectively than an ordinary non-magical person. Only members of the Scythe of the Sage have Qi Magic, and its existence is unknown to all but the most knowledgeable wizards--who wisely tend to keep their mouths shut about it.

OT: I hope no one minds me adding these non-canon details...

EDIT: Dangit Logos, why do you always have to post something brilliant right before I see it so I can have a chance to be like, "Snapples, maybe I should shut up and memorize some facts before I go and post something rambly and weird."? <--Grammatically mangled sentence proves my point. XD (I kid, you're still awesome. I'ma gonna go memorize facts now.)

Hmmm, I'm not really sure how to go about posting something (brilliant or otherwise) after you see it. O_o Ironically though, I do intend to play with temporal paradox and synchronicity with this character, so...