Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anw014

Is it ever too late to become a Christian?

I'm just wondering if its ever too late to become a Christian. I was baptized when I was 5 and went to Sunday school. Then we kinda just stopped going to church, until I met my Christian best friend 6 years ago. I started going to youth and church with her again. I felt sort of out of place there because I hadn't been in so long. I do believe in God, Jesus and everything. I do pray and read the bible, so can I declare myself a Christian?

Well, if you believe that Jesus died on the cross, rose, went to heaven and is coming back and you proclaim that He is the Son of the One true God, then yes. And everything you said you were doing, it makes you a Christian. Keep pushing your way towards Him! :)

Well, if you believe that Jesus died on the cross, rose, went to heaven and is coming back and you proclaim that He is the Son of the One true God, then yes. And everything you said you were doing, it makes you a Christian. Keep pushing your way towards Him! :)

So are you suggesting that we're a born-again Christian based upon the things we say?

Being a Christian is not just saying something. It is a divine, supernatural miracle. It is the Holy Spirit blowing and falling upon you and God declaring "Let there be light!" amongst the darkness and at once your heart of stone is being removed and replaced with a magnificent heart of flesh. One that will love, cherish, adore, wonder at, and worship God as an overflow of desires and love for Him.

When we are born again, this is not a five minute "decision" of any kind. It's a life-altering eternity deciding matter. Being a Christian is not for an easy passage through life, but rather a far more toilsome and difficult. A keen awareness of your sin, the battle between the flesh and blood.

When we are born again by the Holy Spirit, it enables us and frees us to worship God with our hearts and minds selflessly. It is a seed of God planted in us preventing us from apostasy. It gives us the righteousness of Jesus Christ to cover up ALL of our sin and our unrighteousness.

How does this great miracle happen? As I've said, by the Holy Spirit- blowing as it wills, regenerating and changing the hearts and lives of men. Enabling us to have faith to put to Christ as our mediator and our propitiation. That my sin was crucified with Christ and His righteous, sinless life is now mine!

It is never too late to become a Christian, but it is not by the things you say, per se. It is by a real faith put into Jesus Christ as your Treasure and King. Homosexuals, fornicators, swindlers, thieves, and homeless people on the street will tell you that they believe in Jesus, but their lives reflect nothing of it. Because what they lack is the miracle of the new birth.

Pray earnestly for this new birth. That God may open your eyes to your sin and your depraved state, that you may fall to the feet of Christ and plead for grace, and finally be alive.

Romans 10:9,10 "If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the mouth one is made unto confession, and with the heart confession is made into salvation." When I read your question this verse was laid on my heart. I hope it helps!

It's never ever too late, and you can probably already technically call yourself a Christian. But I do hope that if you call yourself a Christian ( not directly at you) you have made the final choice to follow God with everything and you're on the road to having a close, special and personal relationship with God. But you definitely sound like you have made that choice so you're a Christian.

I'm just wondering if its ever too late to become a Christian.

if you're dead, yes.

so can I declare myself a Christian?

of course.

It's never really too late to become anything you want. Christianity requires some forms of commitments which you appear ready to apply (in your own understanding of what they constitute). It doesn't appear to me that you have that much of a transition to make towards Evangelicalism. Perhaps if you'd be willing to try some other forms of Christianity which appear quite a bit different, you'd be in much more of a culture shock, but as it stands, you're basically an Evangelical already. :-)

Romans 10:9,10 "If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the mouth one is made unto confession, and with the heart confession is made into salvation." When I read your question this verse was laid on my heart. I hope it helps!

This is basically what I meant to say :/

Sorry if it didn't come out right

If you believe in your heart that He died and rose again-----GREAT NEWS::::: He lives inside you and will never let you go. He loves you and NOTHING can separate you from His love. :) God I love You!

The "good thief" turned to Christ when he was only a few hours away from death.

The only time it is too late is after you have died.

I do again agree with Jake, but I have this question - why do you mention homeless people on the street? Surely that is not necessarily sinful.

I'm just wondering if its ever too late to become a Christian. I was baptized when I was 5 and went to Sunday school. Then we kinda just stopped going to church, until I met my Christian best friend 6 years ago. I started going to youth and church with her again. I felt sort of out of place there because I hadn't been in so long. I do believe in God, Jesus and everything. I do pray and read the bible, so can I declare myself a Christian?

Of course! You DON'T have to go to a church to be a Christian.