Sign in to follow this  
purplemunster94

Prom OT

I would be sad if everyone dropped. :( Kat someone could make someone else for Jasmine, or as Ambassidor said one of us could take up Daniel's character.

Also, once everyone gets their start up interviews done, we'll really get going again.

I would be sad if everyone dropped. :( Kat someone could make someone else for Jasmine, or as Ambassidor said one of us could take up Daniel's character.

Also, once everyone gets their start up interviews done, we'll really get going again.

It would have to happen pretty soon :S simply because my characters are fairly out of it.

I might have to drop mine now too. Jasmine is pretty much wasted space now, but she plays a massive role in Elizabeth's back story so I might have no choice but to drop her too :S

Actually, I already have a story arc in mind to include Jasmine. I've been meaning for her to receive a secret message in her locker on Monday (current game day is Friday). I could move that up (so she gets it before the end of the current school day) at the cost of a bit of a strain on plausibility that probably wouldn't be apparent until the end of the game. But by then, who's gonna be doing any Fridge Logic anyway? :)

As for her date, given the incredible slowness of the RPG forum these days, I could probably swing it if no one else wants to. *starts kicking ideas around*

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

I would be sad if everyone dropped.

Could we start Miyuki and Tanner's interview? Ambassidor and I have a JP that's on hold posting-wise because we started it before Miyuki and Tanner went over to talk to Camron and Masaki, and it assumes Camron and Masaki are by themselves.

Actually, I already have a story arc in mind to include Jasmine. I've been meaning for her to receive a secret message in her locker on Monday (current game day is Friday). I could move that up (so she gets it before the end of the current school day) at the cost of a bit of a strain on plausibility that probably wouldn't be apparent until the end of the game. But by then, who's gonna be doing any Fridge Logic anyway? :)

As for her date, given the incredible slowness of the RPG forum these days, I could probably swing it if no one else wants to. *starts kicking ideas around*

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Could we start Miyuki and Tanner's interview? Ambassidor and I have a JP that's on hold posting-wise because we started it before Miyuki and Tanner went over to talk to Camron and Masaki, and it assumes Camron and Masaki are by themselves.

Okay then ^^ But don't press yourself to take on another character if your not sure you can handle it.

Now to figure out how to re enter my characters into the plot line -__-

So how do I make a character for this RPG?

Pretty much the same way you make a character for any other RPG. ;) This is a real-world high-school setting (so no super-powers, etc.). Here's the format:

Name:

Grade:

Appearance: [picture and/or description, realistic (not anime) if possible]

Personality:

Bio:

Reason for wanting to win at the Prom: [There is a monetary prize for winning Prom Queen/King, and there is also a reality TV show filming. What is your character's motivation? Fame? Greed? Need to help loved ones, or desire to donate to charity? Or hoping to get the Stratocaster electric guitar s/he's always wanted?] If your character is not concerned about winning, you can put "Reason for wanting to go to the Prom" instead.

Dress/Tux: [photo of your character's dress or tuxedo].

You're welcome to have your character be involved in some way with the organized crime plot line (see Jasmine's bio, and my posts for Lorcan and Taryn) if you want. If you create a female character, you are welcome to have her end up going to the Prom with my character Narayan (Clicky and scroll down past Miyuki's bio). The character he was going to go with has ceased to be due to player disappearance. If he's not your character's type, just make your character (male or female) and post him/her here, and I'll make a new character to be his/her date--unless you'd rather do that yourself or talk Ambassidor into making another character. Currently, all the active characters are "taken."

I also posted it in the actual thread, I would prefer if you posted it here though. Also, It would be best for you to read all of the active characters...At the moment it's just me, Ambassidor, and Logos. To be honest, I wasn't really active until a few minutes ago, but I want to keep it going. I'm not sure if Shield of Faith is coming back. He posted saying he forgot, but I don't know what that really means....If he doesn't post you can take Rosemarie, or you can make a girl character and I'll make another if Logos or Ambassidor doesn't want to. I just think it might help me get going again.

Name: Adaeze (means princess in African) Amora

Grade: 11

Appearance: http://www.jamati.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/10-genevieve-nnaji.jpg

Personality: Adaeze finds American culture strange and confusing. She finds it odd that virginity is frowned on and that sex is considered a “passage to adulthood.” Adaeze loves to draw people as they are doing something. It’s like capturing a picture, just without the camera. Adaeze finds computer confusing and avoids like as if they have the plague when she can.

Bio: Adaeze was born in Kenya Africa. She grew up with her twin sister who was 2 minutes older than her. When they were both 12 their mother and father were murdered on their way home from the parade that was going on. Adaeze and her sister were separated and Adaeze was sent to America to be looked after by an American foster family while here sister stayed in Kenya.

Reason for wanting to go to the Prom: Adaeze wants to go to the prom because she wishes to learn more about American culture and also because she wishes to see all the beautiful dresses.

Dress/Tux: http://www.buypromdresses.co.uk/images/02.dress_between_$100-$200/160.jpg

I think that her and Narayan would make great partners at the Prom.

She sounds wonderful OLH. Go ahead and find a place to post. I jumped to after school so you could find a place to join.

SOF-yep, I plan on keeping Rosie around. I really liked her. :) I can post for her soon.

OLH, she's great! I ended Narayan's post with him encountering her at the bike rack after school. If you don't like the way I've inserted and/or described her, let me know and I'll edit.

Ok, so as most of you, who are still here, can see, this Rp is kinda not going anywhere. I know I haven't really helped push it along, but if you were all willing to keep trying I was thinking of doing a time jump back to Monday so everyone can be back in school and maybe figure out some conflict within the prom committee. We actually need to get that started first, but I need more then just me. So if the few of you that are left are willing to get it going I would be happy to try :)

OK, a time-skip to Monday is fine with me. The Miyuki/Tanner JP can be back-posted as a reminiscence by one character or the other once it's done.

OK, I couldn't let this one die before somebody asked somebody to the Prom. :) After Tanner replies, do we want to skip ahead to a Prom Committee meeting after school? IIRC, Ambassidor said Camron's house could end up as the meeting place. Or, we could stay at school and have Miyuki get called in to an interview, where they spring Tanner's past on her.

Also, Purplemunster, since Narayan has had the girl he would have gone with disappear from the game...again...did you want him to meet Rosie? IIRC you still wanted to play her, and her date vanished. Or, Ambassidor or I could come up with a new character for her. Or we could see if either of the new players is interested in joining.

Ok! If we are really going to get this going again...I do wish we could recruit some new people. It would probably help a lot. Also I don't really care if you use Narayan, or someone makes a s new character. Maybe we could make other new characters, since I think reading characters always helps spark my interest in an Rp. I'll try and get Tanners post up today. But whatever you guys want to do is cool with me.

Name: Rosemarie (Rosie) Jenkins

Grade: 11th

Appearance: 3511004-profile-of-beautiful-smiling-girl-in-cowboy-hat.jpg

Personality: Rosemarie is your steriotipical souther bell. She is sweet and and pretty much always smiling. She loves to talk, and would pretty much talk to anyone about anything. She loves to try and spread joy to anyone she talks to.

Bio: Rosemarie grew up deep down in Texas. She always participated in Rodeos, and any kind of county fairs they could find. She loved her life and everything about it until the accident. Her father was running barrels when his horse's hoof caught on the corner and the horse fell, along with him. Her father was crushed and the horse broke both front legs and had to be put down. Her family was worried that they would lose her father also, but he amazingly made it. He was paralized from the neck down and can't do anything by themselves. They moved to the city so they could get to hospital's easier and had family that could help them at all times.

It has been tough on all of them, but when Rosemarie learned that they would be giving Money prizes to the Prom queen she hopes that she can win and help her family, because her father has no job, and her mothers full time job is taking care of her father. They live with her mothers sister, and try to help out with whatever money they get from early retirement funds, and all the caring friends back at the Rodeos.

Dress: 183681_10150116273142681_65437552680_6651670_2780327_n.jpg

Extra Info: Rosemarie is a really talented guitar player, and singer. She isn't the smartest when it comes to book smarts, but she tries her hardest, she just seems to learn slower than a lot of people, probably because she has trouble concentrating.

-----------------------------------------------------

Name: Tanner Gould

Grade: 12th

Appearance: mrhedlunddotcom1721.jpg

Personality: Tanner is quiet and seems withdrawn. He usually sits in the back and tries to do his best to not stand out. He used to be outgoing and willing to do anything and everything to get popular, but he has changed. He would much rather go invisible throughout the rest of his senior year, and leave for college.

Bio: Tanner's story is long and something he doesn't like to bring up. He moved to Bentley the middle of last year, becuase of a huge mistake. Tanner was the star Foot ball player and liked by almost everyone at the school. He was a jock altogether. He seemed to have it all, and nothing could bring him down, but he got into the in crowd, and his school was known for its huge parties. Tanner became too involved in parties, and was soon drinking, doing drugs, and all of the crazy things that happen at parties. He wasn't who his parents had wanted him to be.

Soon, however, his partying was brought to an sudden halt when the cops were called and he ran. Tanner took his car and he and his girlfriend left as fast as they could. All he remembers was his girlfriends, crazed laughter at leaving all of the others for the cops, then bright lights. He woke up in the hospital a few days later, learned that he had hit a family, and one of the children was in a coma, the other died instantly. She was 7 years old. Tanner's world seemed to turn upside down and he hated himself. When he was able to go back to school everyone seemed to stare at him and talk behind his back. The one person he thought he could turn to, his girlfriend, was the worst. She made up stories of how he threatened her into the car, to make him seem worse than he alread felt. On more than one occasion he tried to commit suicide, but was stopped before he could.

His family couldn't stand it any longer and they moved away. He didn't care anymore, and decided not to fight it. When he got to Bentley he finally decided to turn his life around. Nothing like that was ever going to happen again. He still sometimes has thoughts of suicide, but hasn't attempted it. He is going to prom, because his parents are making him, telling him it would be good to get out in a spot with more people, that isn't full of alcohol, plus he wants to win so he can help the family that lost their daughter, with anything they need, not to make up for what he did, because he knows he can never do that, but to help them in any way possible. He feels responsible for them now.

Tux: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYVPW5d2uSDs0EZ9p33M7AGL6WjH3Mf22p7iu8hijDUVyt60FZjA&t=1(Minus the flower)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Miyuki Sojimoto

Grade: 12

Appearance:

aoiyuu2.jpg

6843178973_16545.jpg

Personality: Miyuki is usually quiet and soft-spoken, gentle rather than shy. She is very compassionate and caring. If she sees someone hurting, she will come alongside and offer a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on. She is a friend to the outcast, a healer for the broken-hearted, encouragement and support for the weak. If there is a fundraiser for charity or similar work to be done, Miyuki is there.

Bio: Miyuki's parents are competitive "high achievers" whose lives revolve around the idea of success and projecting an image of success. Their work (mother: real estate, father: corporate law) consumes their time and attention, and always takes precedence over spending time with their daughter. Miyuki refers to her house as "Plasticworld," because carpeting of all of the main walkways, as well as all of the expensive furniture (a living room set upholstered in Venetian silk, dining room set made of Brazilian hardwoods) is protected by transparent plastic. The plastic only comes off when important clients are scheduled to come over.

One thing Miyuki has noticed about her parents even when she was a child is that no matter how much "success" they seem to have, they are not happy. She has decided to take an opposite approach. Until now her parents haven't really noticed, since she has been a quiet child who hasn't gotten into trouble. But now that graduation from high school nears, they have started to notice that their daughter is not on track for "a successful career," and they've started pressuring her to "do something with her life."

Miyuki works part-time in a florist shop. She enjoys the work very much, as it gives her the opportunity to encourage budding romances, share the joy of upcoming weddings, or offer consolation to customers preparing for funerals.

Reason for wanting to win at the Prom: Miyuki wants to donate the prize to help earthquake victims in Japan.

Dress:

Pinkdress.jpg

[Edit: Minus the part that's trailing on the ground, which I just noticed, lol]

Extra info: Miyuki does not stand out particularly in any of her classes. She loves to make things with her hands, so she takes as many art classes as she can. Painting, ceramics, sculpture...her creations are always cheerful and whimsical, even if they're executed with more enthusiasm than skill. Most of the things she makes are created with someone in particular in mind, as gifts.

---

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Kira Phillips

Grade: 11th

Appearance:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREr3fQVlTVFYc6AKRWpCRNWbSd7xgkAeafTrTnYPgTiYu0PecH&t=1

Personality: She appears to be quiet, withdrawn and mysteryous, and a weirdo. She is totally Goth and is never seen in any color but black, and maybe some purple or red. But she is actualy pretty nice, and a very funny person. She has endless compassion for the weak and outcast and down trodden, and a burning fury for those who are mean, ruthless and cruel. She is outgoing, though sometimes unpredictible. Sometimes she is open and animated with her emotions, and other times witdrawn. She has a reputation as a trouble maker, because she will take revenge on mean people, though usualy indirectly. She is very sensitive about being a foster kid, so If your a bully, or you call her names, You might find something unplesent in your locker, or have a bunch of bad events happen to you in a row. On the opposite side, she is super nice to those who are needy, and will do things like give up her lunch for a homelss person, or jump in a river after a drowning kid. But in general she always trys to be ignored and not draw attention to herself.

Bio: Kira lived with her father untill she was 11, and he died in a trailer park fire. Her mom left them since before she could remember. She loved her dad more than anything and was devistated when he died. Since then, she has been going from foster home to foster home. She alwasy ended up (intentionatly or unintentionaly) to get herself kicked out of homes. She now lives with a not so family frindly couple who managed to wriggle into the foster system, and only have her for the extra cash the state gives them, only to spend it on cigarets and alcohol. She hasnt felt loved since her dad died, but she has her own ways of covering up her pain and trying to fill the hole in her heart. She would be pretty, like her mom, but once she started looking like her mother, Kira cut her hair short and trys to hide it behind alot of makeup. She hates the idea of going to prom, but she's only going to get away from her foster parents.

Dress:

make-gothic-dress-200X200.jpg

Extra info: Kira can speak perfect Japanese. AndBecause of the trailer fire, Kira has very strong smoke or smog induced asma. Kira loves art, and is a great painter. She works at a local art supplies store, and She planns to go to art school on scolership.

ot: im not sure if there are too many girls now..i kept loosing track of how even the genders were. Oh well, if im the odd girl out then i can go datelss, which is probably what Kira intends anyway. Though if i have time ill add a guy :)

Name: Camron Reyes

Appearence:

2920144271_b0625d01a5.jpg

Personality: Camron is a super nice, cool layed back kind of guy, but he also knows when to be serious. He is the kind of guy that everone just likes. He is socal, and good at making new friends and aquaintens. With his bright personaility, and politeness its hard not to be in an up mood around him.

Bio: Camron grew up in a great Christian famly, with a mom, dad, an older brother and two younger sisters. So he seems to have grown up in an avrage, (if not better) family lifestyle. His dad owns his own company, and his mom is an amazing stay at home mom. He has great plans for the future seeming to have grown up around high expectations. He's grown up a strong christian guy, and really believes in Jesus' love. Though the past year has been hard for him, but that's just brought them closer to God. Camron's youngest sister died from being hit by a drunk driver, and his other little sister is still recovering from the same acceident. Its been hard for them to get through, but its helped them, especally Camron, establish his faith and learn to trust God more. Camron expresses himself through his music. Its a gift God has given him. He really wants to be in a band. Possible future carrier plans: Camron wants to be a musician, and is rarely seen without his guitar. He's going to prom to hang out with friends and because he gets to play music!

Tux:

3b-blk-tux.jpg

with this tie

music-notes-tie-white1.jpg

________________________________--

Name: Lorcan O'Ciardha

Appearance:

CrissAngel.jpg

Personality:

When being cold and calculating doesn't get him what he wants, there's always violence. What he wants is dominance, especially over the town's criminal element and any girl he takes an interest in. He doesn't have a problem with the school's jock aristocracy. As long as they don't try getting rough with him or his boys, they don't wake up in the hospital with smashed knees. In fact, they're among his best clients. Whether they're looking for a high, something to make sure they get their way with a recalcitrant girl, or "that extra competitive edge" in time for the playoffs, he's got what they need.

Lorcan views girls/women as commodities, objects for use and amusement. And, once he can acquire a "stable" of girls, a source of income.

Bio: Lorcan's father was a member of the Irish Republican Army during the Troubles. Over the years, he honed skills in combat, torture, demolitions, and terror tactics. His job in his cell was to interface with the black market economy (drugs, prostitution, human trafficking, extortion, and so on) in order to make money for the group. It was not long before he lost sight of the cause he'd been ostensibly fighting for all this time, and came to enjoy thuggery for its own sake. Over time, and especially as peace negotiations between the Irish resistance and the English began to bear fruit, he shifted over entirely into criminal enterprise.

He started passing on his skills to his son Lorcan from the boy's earliest childhood. When he found out his boy was extorting lunch money from smaller kids at school, he gave him a set of brass knuckles as a present. "That's me boy!" A few years ago, he started working, ironically, for a crime lord who belonged to the people who had once been his sworn enemies: Jasmine's father. When Jasmine's father was able to find where in America she'd moved to, he sent Lorcan's father to open up a branch of the Operation in America, and Lorcan got his first mission: keep an eye on Jasmine.

They moved to America, and Lorcan's father started trying to muscle in to the local organized crime scene. During a deal gone bad, he was shot, and the bullet went through his spine. Now he's paralyzed from the waist down, and unable to effectively run his gang. Lorcan has stepped into his shoes, staking out the high school as his "turf" and its student body as his captive clientele. So far, by a combination of blackmail, intimidation, and bribery, he's been able to keep the law off his and his father's backs.

Lorcan is more of a strategist than his father. He's recruited a chemist who can produce "designer" drugs in addition to the "old standbys," and he's set about systematically and ruthlessly eliminating competitors.

Tux: Think Severus Snape's outfit, but in black leather.

Extra: His reason for going to the Prom is to sell date-rape drugs to the guys. Because of this he will not necessarily bring a date himself. OT: In other words, nobody needs to make a girlfriend for him. Has a strong Irish accent, but manages to make it menacing rather than charming.

Name: Taryn O'Ciardha

Grade: 11 (she's skipped ahead a couple grades)

Appearance:

the-uninvited-emily-browning1.jpg

Personality: Taryn seems shy and meek, but this hides a quiet determination and an iron will. She loves computers, electronics, and robots, and tinkers with them whenever she can. Due to her upbringing, she's scared of boys, so it's something of a relief that (as far as she knows) the ones looking for Prom dates see her as a little kid rather than someone they want to go with.

Bio: Taryn's mother died in childbirth, and her father and brother blame her. She was raised by a series of "girlfriends" (women brought from poor countries to be sold into prostitution rings, treated more like slaves) of her father's. Since her father's injury, Taryn has become "the woman of the house," which means it's her "duty" to wait on her father and brother, cook their food, and clean up after them.

Until that time, she was more or less able to learn and tinker in peace. Since she was "just a girl," nothing she did could have significance in her father's eyes. When her father ended up in the hospital and Lorcan took over the Operation, Lorcan decided that his sister's talent for technology could be put to use. He has started forcing her to hack for the gang, create surveillance devices and the like. Not only does this provide a useful boost to the Operation's capabilities, he can now tell her she's an accomplice, and, he hopes, keep her afraid to go to the police. She does as little for the gang as she can, and deeply regrets that her shelter, food, and clothes come from the ruination of other people's lives.

She has noticed to her growing disquiet, that her father and brother have started looking her over with evaluating eyes that see other ways she could make money for the Operation. Every time she looks into the mirror she is reminded that in this family, a beautiful girl is the last thing she wants to turn into.

Dress: None so far. She has no plans to attend the Prom. Depending on how things go in-game though, she might decide to attend (presumably dateless) in hopes of using the TV coverage to bring down her father, brother, and her their employer (Jasmine's father).

Edit: Assuming Camron can be sufficiently persuasive... *evil grin*

tiffany-milky-one-shoulder-floor-length-chiffon-evening-bridesmaid-dress80508.jpg

Extra: Taryn has grown up in an extremely misogynistic environment. Her father and brother will do things like watch illegal, violent dirty movies while making her bring them food and beers, laughing and commenting on the body parts of the girls/women being abused, and pointing out any resemblances they might have to her. She has internalized the idea that 'to guys, we [girls and women] aren't really people.' She has never had any romantic fantasies about a 'Prince Charming.' She tries to avoid thinking about things like dating or being married someday, since she can't imagine it would be anything but horrible.

OT: Nobody needs to make a date character for her. If you do, he'll have to be awfully determined (to change her mind about guys) and brave to the point of recklessness. ;)

I might also bring Alex back into the picture. This is who is left in the story.....soooo....if anyone else wants to join...that would be fantastic!

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Name: Narayan Do-gnak Lingpa

Appearance:

boy-with-jewellery.jpg

Personality: Narayan is quiet, and a bit bewildered by American culture, especially American girls. He greatly prefers nature to the city, and is visibly uncomfortable with cars and telephones.

Bio: Narayan was born as a nomad in the Tibetan highlands. When he was 12, the Chinese forcibly relocated his tribe to the cities, separating them from one another so that they would have to assimilate into the dominant culture. He found himself alone and adrift on the streets of Shenzhen, struggling to survive. He was found by an aid agency that provides shelter for children who might otherwise end up as victims of human trafficking. A group of donors to the agency, a co-housing project in America, were eager to take him in when they learned his story.

They call themselves "the Cotu (Children of the Universe) Tribe." They live and work together developing and testing ways to live sustainably "off-grid" (not using centralized municipal electrical, water, and sewer services) using only renewable resources as much as possible. At the start of their experiment, they purchased some over-used and degraded farmland outside of Bentley and set to work rebuilding the topsoil and restoring the land's fertility. They built a large "Earthship" home from mostly recycled materials:

people_nautilus.jpg

In his new home, Narayan found something close to the kind of life and community he was used to. Over the years he learned English, and became a valued member of the group. One of the members, a former Kansan named Gary Smith, is an advanced practitioner and teacher of Shaolin martial arts, and has taken Narayan as a pupil.

Though Narayan is happy, his case worker for Child Protective Services is worried that he will not be able to assimilate into American society when he grows up, and has started leaning toward placing him with a less offbeat foster family. After a lot of tense negotiations, it was agreed that Narayan would go to a public high school for his senior year, so he could socialize with other young people, become less isolated from mainstream American culture, and learn of a wider range of life opportunities. Narayan hopes that if he goes to the Prom, it would help reassure the people at CPS and he would get to continue living with his American "tribe."

Tux: CLICKY

Extra info: Narayan has to struggle to get decent grades, and he has a hard time sitting in a desk all day. One class he does well in is biology, since several of the Cotu members are biologists who put their knowledge to work every day developing their permaculture based farm, aquaculture, biological waste-treatment systems and various experimental approaches for naturally producing the necessities of life. He is good at riding horses and knows how to raise livestock. He has a broad-based knowledge of ecology and scientific methodology (testing soil chemistry, measuring plant growth, etc.).

Narayan also excels in making jewelry, especially in Tibetan style, using large pieces of turquoise and coral. He has learned to drive (a requirement from CPS), but he hates it, much preferring to ride a bicycle or walk, even in bad weather

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THese are all the characters still involved. If anyone else wants to join that would be fantastic...if not thats good too. I just wanted to remind everyone.