Sign in to follow this  
Bubble

Should guys do the "chasing" ?

"Courting" has never existed until women started to be seen as more capable of choosing a partner than previously thought. These days parents can play a very small role in the relationships of their children, even none at all. This is a very different paradigm for relationships than has ever existed.

Is courting the same as dating? or are they different concepts?

When you put one magnet next to another magnet, there's no decision to let North chase South—no, there's just the uneasy approach, followed by the wild rush and snap when they finally get near each other.

Is courting the same as dating? or are they different concepts?

Similar concept,but courting is strictly used for finding a mate,and typically is less one on one time. Dating can be used as such,but some people just date for "fun" or "thrills",and is usually more one on one.

orrr you could use the link. :P

I'd love to say I could handle asking a guy out but I never have before. IDK what I would do if I got shot down. It would just feel awkward.

I'd love to say I could handle asking a guy out but I never have before. IDK what I would do if I got shot down. It would just feel awkward.

That is EXACTLY how I feel. I don't have the confidence to ask the guy I like out because of what could happen if he says no, like, I would have no idea how to react and act around him afterwards.

Act like normal? Well...for me, as a guy, it would hurt at first, you know, you feel awkward when the girl is around. Can't talk to her like you used to cuz' of what happened. But it can be recovered, but I dunno. :)

Act like normal? Well...for me, as a guy, it would hurt at first, you know, you feel awkward when the girl is around. Can't talk to her like you used to cuz' of what happened. But it can be recovered, but I dunno. :)

Yeah, i guess it kinda depends on how close you were as friends before hand?

Yeah, i guess it kinda depends on how close you were as friends before hand?

Well after you ask someone out and if there reject you it's really your decision what to do with a friendship.

1. Do you still like them?

it's ok to still like your friends though depending how much so it could hurt a little if they were to date someone else or something along those lines.[

2. How good was the friendship prior?

Good friendships are worth keeping at high costs. On the other hand casual friendships don't matter too much in the long run.

Yep. One reason why I hate asking a close friend out. I won't also court my bestfriend to be my girlfriend. It's better to stay as a bestfriend than go to a relationship that may not last.

On the contrary, I find nothing better than a relationship with a best friend. I thought it would be a bad thing for the longest time, but then I fell in love with my best friend. I'm not one to really walk away from love. I also know that there aren't many problem areas for our relationship nothing that can't be worked out and I mostly knew this before we had started dating. So God-willing this seems like the right relationship for me.

2. How good was the friendship prior?

Good friendships are worth keeping at high costs. On the other hand casual friendships don't matter too much in the long run.

Well, I wouldn't say the guy I like and me are best friends, I only really see him at church, youth groups. But when I do see him we have a laugh so...yeah. I am sure the friendship would stick because I doubt he'd judge me for it, but idk if I could really act the same around him afterwards...