Sign in to follow this  
Bubble

Should guys do the "chasing" ?

So, just thought I'd get some opinions on the matter.

What do you all think? Should the guy always be the one to ask a girl out or is it the girl's duty just as much as the guy's?

Also, what does the bible say about this?

As far as I know, the Bible doesn't say anything on this matter.

The man asking out the woman being the "rule" is just a social construct; it doesn't really make a difference who does the "chasing." :P

I think the guys should do most of the "chasing"... I see it as being more proper that way :)

For me I can 'pursuit' a guy, but never ask him out!

JESUSLOVEE, that is exactly the same as i feel, mostly coz i don't have the courage to ask a guy out but i think its more romantic and proper too, i was just wondering what other people thought, :)

Guys pursue me! Show me you like me. Because most likely I like you and am just to shy to "spit it out." I think the man should do the asking out,the asking for phone number and stuff. I think it shows he's got guts. :) If I have to do all the asking,does that man you're not man enough to take your Biblical role in a relationship?

MY personal opinion. :)

I like to pursue the girl. A few times in the past, I've been the one that was "chasen". I don't mind to pursue the girl. I enjoy trying to impress the opposite sex. But if a girl wants to make the first move, that's fine by me.

Alas we come to this sad and startling subject of insufferable sentiment sent south to the sentries of suave yet seemingly sordid sequences situated upon the sieving sands of salacious summits. And so, some say the seething sullen soldier of sadness secretly solicits to the serene spouse to be; as the soldier sows the sifting seed of sweet speech ever so silently in survivalist solitude, and the subsequent swapping of savory sentiment sets the stage for solemn sensational scenery. But still, some seemingly seditious sandinistas of service sound the sirens of sexism.

Metaphorically speaking of course.

Alas we come to this sad and startling subject of insufferable sentiment sent south to the sentries of suave yet seemingly sordid sequences situated upon the sieving sands of salacious summits. And so, some say the seething sullen soldier of sadness secretly solicits to the serene spouse to be; as the soldier sows the sifting seed of sweet speech ever so silently in survivalist solitude, and the subsequent swapping of savory sentiment sets the stage for solemn sensational scenery. But still, some seemingly seditious sandinistas of service sound the sirens of sexism.

Will you marry me???

But reverse that. The reversed version is sometimes how I feel about a woman. If she likes me, she would actually care to do some things to start off the relationship. Yes, that means more than just the 'girl's body language' (which some girls can't even tell what other girls are trying to hint).

The way I see it is this: If she doesn't like me, she would be ignoring me and giving me cold shoulders to tell me that she is not interested. If she does like me, she would talk to me more and actually show interest. The saying, "If you love somebody, set them free. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were" doesn't fly with me. If you set me free (don't show interest to see what I do) then I won't pursue you because you're telling me that you're not interested. I know that girls sometimes do this so "guys can prove how worthy they are and show how much guts they have", but that doesn't fly with some guys. Also, breaking up with a guy just to see if he'll return won't go the way you expected because you're showing the guy that you're not interested in him anymore. (yes, this does actually happen)

I'm pretty sure the quote is for relationships that are already there. Of course when people aren't in a relationship they wouldn't know if they were supposed to be together and couldn't really come back.

On the other hand. It is too coward-ess to expect the other person to come up to you and ask you out. I tried that for a long time and waited to be asked out for several months of friendship. I fell in love with him after several months until I had it in me to sum up the nerve to tell him how i felt. Point being you can't just wait if you like someone.

I think both the man and woman should pursue; I don't think there's anything wrong with it :D. You can't expect every guy to make the first move, shy guys exist, y'know? Sometimes they need a little push. And some girls don't mind giving him her number or asking him out for coffee or something. Some people think this makes a woman appear desperate but I don't think so, not at all.

And what Will_Power said is so true. Guys in general interpret a girl's body language different from what the girl is trying to convey. Quit these silly, confusing mind games (like, ignoring the dude, pretending you're interested) and just be honest. I've seen too many girls do this and then get upset when her crush isn't responding in the way she expects him to (I've been there, it's so ridiculous)

I think it's equal responcibility I know man is spiritual head of the house hold but till your married your not a house hold so I think what ever works.

Of course for a lot of guys it's hurtful to their pride to be asked out.

But theirs nothing wrong with a girl pursuing a guy in my opinion.

<333

Maybe I'm just a weird guy, but it definitely wouldn't be hurtful to my pride to be asked out by a girl. It would make me feel cared for, and just good inside even if I didn't like the girl the same way.

I don't think that makes you weird, just normal and I think girls probably feel the same when asked out!

Personally, however I would prefer a guy to ask me out, simply because I am shy in person and scared of rejection. Plus the guy I like is a friend so if I say sumin and he doesn't feel the same that makes for awkward times ahead!

I don't think that makes you weird, just normal and I think girls probably feel the same when asked out!

Personally, however I would prefer a guy to ask me out, simply because I am shy in person and scared of rejection. Plus the guy I like is a friend so if I say sumin and he doesn't feel the same that makes for awkward times ahead!

While it may lead to some very awkward times it depends on the situation. I fell in love with a friend after knowing him a few months and told him I loved him a few months after I was sure, he didn't feel the same way. Things didn't change much in our friendship except admitingly I cried over him a few times and in front of him a few times. Though he cared for a me a lot and we stayed friends and ended up together when he finally decided to give into his feelings. Though remember we were really close friends and i knew i loved him hence our friendship persisted though it was very tough on me proceed with caution. And note a big difference in "I like you" and "I'm in love with you".

The bible says that fathers should make a deal with other fathers in order to work out who to marry their daughters off to. Also, you have to be from the same blood and preferably a close (but not too close) relative.

"Courting" has never existed until women started to be seen as more capable of choosing a partner than previously thought. These days parents can play a very small role in the relationships of their children, even none at all. This is a very different paradigm for relationships than has ever existed.

Also, I don't much care for these social conventions about men having to do the chasing and women having to be the prize. If people like each others company they should seek it.

I think it really depends on the people involved. So when answering this question, you all will probably answer according to the way you personally prefer it, but there are some girls who prefer going after guys, and guys that prefer the girls going after them, and it works just as well as it does with most other people, who prefer the guy being the chaser (for a lack of better terms. =p)

The bible says that fathers should make a deal with other fathers in order to work out who to marry their daughters off to. Also, you have to be from the same blood and preferably a close (but not too close) relative.

I know fathers did that in the bible but I don't recall reading that it was a rule, but maybe I am mistaken.

Well, I do the chasing! And it's awkward if it's the girl. Well, things have changed.haha.

If me and my girlfriend in a quarrel, I pause a little then I freakin come back to reality and think why are we fighting and I say sorry persistently. I'm a hot-headed one. and she's kinda too.

I would never stoop so low as to chase a woman, a gentleman doesn't run, jog, or gallop. A gentleman walks with elegance, grace, and dignity.