Welcome to Christian Teen Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

There's two parts to a relationship

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Will_Power

Will_Power

CTF Staff

• 1,910 posts
So yesterday I decided to switch things up a bit and attend a different church then what I usually attend. Let me tell you - the sermon was the best I've heard in a long time. Even though the message was based on something every Christian should know, it still hit every conviction possible in my heart in a sincere way. The sermon was basically about how to read your Bible and your relationship with God.

This is one thing that I've honestly never thought about even though it seems so simple and something that every Christian should think about. Maybe I've thought about it, but I've just forgot about it. What I'm talking about is when the pastor said that there's two parts to a relationship: Listening and talking. Most of the time, at least for me, I tend to do the talking part but not really the listening part. Some Christians will pray to God and keep on praying and praying even more but they won't listen back to God's words. If you kept on talking to your parents but never listened to them, wouldn't they be frustrated? It's the same deal with God. We need to listen to God by studying his word daily.

This pastor also talked about a good technique to study your Bible. You can do it in five steps:

1. Study it through
2. Pray it in
3. Write it down
4. Live it out
5. Pass it on

I've always just tried jumping into the Bible but I never managed to take many notes or pass my knowledge on to other people. Sometimes I even forget to live it out.

Soo...just my 2 cents that I wanted to tell you guys. This may or may not apply to you, but I thought I'd share anyways.

jalisa360

jalisa360

Accomplished Poster

• 450 posts
Good stuff! For real.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I despaired at the thought that my life would slip by without seeing God Himself move mightily on our behalf.

http://newcount.wordpress.com/

mollie

mollie

Getting The Hang Of Things

• 65 posts
OMGoodness, that is wonderful!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users