Sign in to follow this  
Mad_Dog

"Christian" Teen Forums...

Should the name of "Christian Teen Forums"be changed.  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should the name of "Christian Teen Forums"be changed.

There are other religions here besides Christianity... "Christian" Teen Forums sounds wrong, IMHO. There are other Religions here BESIDES Christianity... I just think the name of the site should be changed... :\ To suit the needs of people who are nonChristian. So they won't feel so condemned and shunned away. And so we can all be free to discuss whatever without being led to discuss ONLY Christianity. Because most NonChristians will not discuss Christianity and its concepts, they will argue it. Just my personal thoughts on the matter...

Okay, this is a CHRISTIAN site, for Christians Teens' to come and discuss. And others are welcome as well. I joined this site because it is "CHRISTIAN TEEN FORUMS" not "Teen Forums" some of the stuff I have seen on Teen Forums is horrid and wrong.

Many non Christians join this site to clear up misinformation about their particular religion or to learn more about christianity. It's the ones who join just to call Christianity wrong and be jerkish about it that I have a problem with.

I only joined this forum because it said Christian. The owners are Christians as are the admin and mods. It's a Christian site with some non Christians. Non Christians exist at every Christian school, but you don't take out the Christian part just to suit them.

The whole point of this forum is to provide a Christian alternative to those other teen forums which are VERY non Christian. If we changed the name then we'd def have a lot of chrstians NOT join that wouldve before. Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of this site then?

I said change it not change the christanity part but the teen part since there are a lot of 20 year olds on here should be like something with teens and young adults

Well the teen part never stopped the 20 yr olds from joining did it?

we will get more 20 year olds more people over all if we change it

That's true.

I just don't want this to become a place overrun with older adults. I like the closeness in age. I mean this is a teen forum and we do get young adults. It stands to reason that we'll get older than young adults who will want recognition too and so on and so forth.

I mean no offense of course. If I offend in any way I apologize.

Plus www.christianteenandyoungadultsforums.com is kind of a long name XD

www.thepeoplecreaturesvegetationsandwichesandbiologicallifeformsofallagesthatmayormaynothavebeencreatedbyasupremebeingorbeingsandcanbemaleorfemaleorsomeothergenderifyoutakeintoaccountextraterrestrialbeingswhichalsomayornotexistforums.com

If memory serves correctly though domain names can only be 40-something characters long.

The forum is intended for Christian teenagers. As Daniel said, changing the name will only defeat the purpose of the site.

I know there are non Christians here but the forum was made for christians to talk and have suport and fellowship.

Anyone here who's not a Christian chose to be on a Christ forum it's not right that Christians can't have a forum specifically for Christians.

I wouldn't go on a Muslim forum then ask them to change the name because I'm not Muslim.

I don't understand why ctf shouldn't be a primarily Christian forum.

Christians don't have much as far as entertainment or social networking why take the forum?

And it's not condeming to anyone unless they are over sensitive and if they are that's no reason to change the forum it was created primarily for Christians so I think it's unfair to say we should change it to suit non Christians.

That pretty much defeats it's created purpose I think.

I've stayed here because this site gives me a good rock to stand on to be honest. It feels good to help people as well. I don't think I'll be leaving any time soon either even though I'm 21 now.

It is a christian teen site

Other people come as they choose.

The fact of changing the name because other religions are here is just crazy imho.

And yes its also a teen site intended for teens.

They come as they choose too :P

I stay here cause this is the only christian site that i know of that I like. that christianforums is way to big for me and thatchristian chat hasnt approved my registry

I say No because this site was intended for teens and sure there are some older people but the point of this site is for teens to come together

Maddie, this is a very silly statement and I don't know why you feel that way. This forum was intended for Christian teens to commune together. Just because there are non-Christians who are a part of it doesn't mean that it can not be named after it's original purpose.

XDD Yeah, um, the "Christian" part is actually the entire purpose of the forums.... so no................

Maddie, this is a very silly statement and I don't know why you feel that way. This forum was intended for Christian teens to commune together. Just because there are non-Christians who are a part of it doesn't mean that it can not be named after it's original purpose.

Err... I thought she was either joking or satirising the "political correctness" of CTF. But I don't want to gossip.

QFT

There are other religions here besides Christianity... "Christian" Teen Forums sounds wrong, IMHO. There are other Religions here BESIDES Christianity... I just think the name of the site should be changed... :\ To suit the needs of people who are nonChristian. So they won't feel so condemned and shunned away. And so we can all be free to discuss whatever without being led to discuss ONLY Christianity. Because most NonChristians will not discuss Christianity and its concepts, they will argue it. Just my personal thoughts on the matter...
I'm not gonna lie. You kinda have a point...

But, changing the name to 'Teens Forum' or something like that is way too vague. It doesn't differentiate it from other online forums that exist. Let's face it: the majority of us on here are Christians... The original intent was to create a place where Christian teens can come together and fellowship with one another online. Non-Christians are very welcome as long as they follow the Rules & Guidlines of the forum. (:

Internet forums are created for a specific purpose, having a specific subject of interest/theme that's supposed to appeal to people who have those same interests in order for them to discuss such interests with other likeminded (to a certain extent) people. Honestly, I've never seen a "discuss whatever" board, never seen forums not centered around a specific subject. Anyway, there's still lots of sections in these forums where you can "discuss whatever."

Maddie, this would really defeat the point of having a "Christian" Teen Forum. It's kinda like suggesting selling fast food in a bookstore, to cater for the hungry people.

If you're looking for a more open forum, just have a seach for "teen forums", you'll find plenty.

I'm not gonna lie. You kinda have a point...

But, changing the name to 'Teens Forum' or something like that is way too vague. It doesn't differentiate it from other online forums that exist. Let's face it: the majority of us on here are Christians... The original intent was to create a place where Christian teens can come together and fellowship with one another online. Non-Christians are very welcome as long as they follow the Rules & Guidlines of the forum. (:

I'm all for changing the name. "Moral teen forums"? :D haha