"Christian" Teen Forums...

Mad_Dog

Should the name of "Christian Teen Forums"be changed.  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should the name of "Christian Teen Forums"be changed.

If you're looking for a more open forum, just have a search for "teen forums", you'll find plenty.

It's not that... I think I have come to now accept the fact that EVERY Christian teen forum... ALL of them... Will have at least a few nonChristians join. So, I guess I shouldn't complain. I greatly apologize for my stupidity on this issue.

I'm all for changing the name. "Moral teen forums"? :D haha

This is not a joke. I know I'm probably making it look like one, but it's not.

BWAHAHAHA. Alexander. XD

On topic: I don't think it should happen and it probably won't. :3

What? Can't I call him that? >.>

Your opinion. Honestly, I don't think it'll ever happen either. I just wanted to get other peoples' opinions on the idea.

Okay, this is a CHRISTIAN site, for Christians Teens' to come and discuss. And others are welcome as well. I joined this site because it is "CHRISTIAN TEEN FORUMS" not "Teen Forums" some of the stuff I have seen on Teen Forums is horrid and wrong.

Completely Agree.

I joined because of the word "Christian" in the title. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has because of that reason.

I don't think the name should be changed. It would be like Adidas deciding out of the blue to change their company name, which wouldn't happen. There are other teen forum sites available that put religion as a second-thought sub-forum.

I think that some people might be put off by the forum name, but a majority of people that find the site are specifically looking for a Christian-based site.

That's my two cents.

the sad thing is this isn't the ''Christian'' teen forums it was intended to be, but i voted no. we should strive to deserve that name, not throw it away

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Can we ban Maddie and then call this "Everyone but Maddie Teen Forums?"

Anyone with me? Eh? Eh?

Might as well, right?

no but I wouldn't be opposed to a shut up jake button

Guys,

I hate to say this. I know it's cliched and all that, but CTF is what the members make it. Being on the staff side of this whole issues has revealed many a thing that I'm not going to talk about on the general forum, but CTF has made it a policy a long time ago to not prevent non-Christians from joining. This may have strained the "Christian" element of our forum from it's beginning, but that is simply how CTF has decided to stand on that policy. If you want to make CTF more Christian, do it. You don't need staff approval. You don't need staff co-ordination. Get kids from your youth groups to join. Get people from church to join. Start topics about how God is moving through this world. It's not hard to do. It's just that you guys need to do it because the staff can't. No one can change CTF except for Godly people who want to.

I don't see any problem with having a Christian forum. I just don't like that Evangelicalism and Conservativism are the taken for granted sorts of Christianity on this forum. I think that the title is misleading in it's application of the term 'Christian', I think that most Christians who've ever lived would find the sorts of conversations going on here and the concepts of 'Christianity' taken for granted here as completely alien, strange, peculiar and at times even sinister.

Guys,

I hate to say this. I know it's cliched and all that, but CTF is what the members make it. Being on the staff side of this whole issues has revealed many a thing that I'm not going to talk about on the general forum, but CTF has made it a policy a long time ago to not prevent non-Christians from joining. This may have strained the "Christian" element of our forum from it's beginning, but that is simply how CTF has decided to stand on that policy. If you want to make CTF more Christian, do it. You don't need staff approval. You don't need staff co-ordination. Get kids from your youth groups to join. Get people from church to join. Start topics about how God is moving through this world. It's not hard to do. It's just that you guys need to do it because the staff can't. No one can change CTF except for Godly people who want to.

Im with Zabby on this one this goes for every forum not just CTF a Forum is what the Members make it. And if you want a successful forum then find people to make it that way. If you want CTF to strive as a Christian Community again then encourage your Christian friends to join and make it a success. Just because we allow non-christian members to join that shouldnt take away the original aspect of a Christian site. We just need to keep this place a Clean Godly place the way it was intended regardless of what religion the members are.

I joined because the site said "Christian" in the name. I was sick of secular boards with cussing and whatnot. If CTF didn't have that C,I wouldn't have joined in the first place.

And with all the people who said the site is what you make it,I agree. You want a Christian board,make Christian posts,you want a clean board,make clean posts. you want a scuzzy,nasty board,post scuzzy,nasty things.

Can we ban Maddie and then call this "Everyone but Maddie Teen Forums?"

Anyone with me? Eh? Eh?

Might as well, right?

You know what? I KNOW you don't like me, and I KNOW that I probably annoy the CRAP out of some people here, but that gives you NO RIGHT to treat other people like your PUPPET. Grow a backbone and TOLERATE me, for dog's sakes... -_-

no but I wouldn't be opposed to a shut up jake button

Me either... HMMMMMMMMM!!!! =D

i agree, madster

we should make it religion-interested teen forums. ill check if the domain is available now and get the site up asap

Fail.

Well you're certainly entitled to that opinion.

But to be fair, we should have one for everyone.

No, just you. =)

Guys,

^ QFT.

^ QFT.

Maddie, you can't quote for truth me when you don't even agree with what I'm saying. My argument is, "Don't change the name. The staff shouldn't have to take action to correct something the members are doing. The members should take action."

You know what? I KNOW you don't like me, and I KNOW that I probably annoy the CRAP out of some people here, but that gives you NO RIGHT to treat other people like your PUPPET. Grow a backbone and TOLERATE me, for dog's sakes... -_-

Actually, I quite like him.

but why is this thread still up? It's obvious the staff is set on the Christian part of it and like Zabby said the forum is what we make it. just because it says Christian in the name doesn't mean the content is gonna be Christian. Especially lately I've seen and been involved in much quarraling and bickering that has caused members to leave.

It's up to us whether we all stop acting like self-centered jerks. Once we stop that, we can be a christian forum.