Welcome back to the Christian Teen Forums. We have been upgrading our forum software and it took a lot longer than originally anticipated. Thank you for your patience.

We are still working to bring some add-on features back, so it will be a continued work-in-progress. If you have any questions, feel free to post and ask away. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mad_Dog

Beauty Pageant Mother Injects 8-Year-Old Daughter with Botox and Takes her Waxing

42 posts in this topic
For their eighth birthdays I imagine most little girls want a bicycle or a doll or maybe even in this day in age a cell phone, but Botox injections?

According to The Sun "beauty-pageant obsessed single mum" Kerry Campbell gifted her daughter Britney with Botox injections for her eighth birthday last year. Botox injections are now a regular part of Britney's beauty regime – once every three months – which also includes waxing.

We've often worried about the sexualization of girls at younger and younger ages, especially those competing in beauty pageants. Botox injections and waxing take it to a whole new level of concern, but Kerry does not see it like that at all. In fact, she would argue that she is helping pave her daughter's way to Hollywood ensuring a life of fame and fortune:

"I know one day she [britney] will be a model, actress or singer, and having these treatments now will ensure she stays looking younger and baby-faced for longer."

"All I want is for Britney to have the best start in life, so it is easier for her to become a superstar."

"She is a lucky little girl and is going to be famous because of the benefits I am giving her so early."

"When she's a superstar earning millions, she'll always be grateful for what I did when she was so young."

And what does Britney have to say about her detailed beauty regime?

"My friends think it's cool I have all the treatments and they want to be like me, says Britney. "I check every night for wrinkles, when I see some I want more injections. They used to hurt, but now I don't cry that much…I also want a boob and nose job soon, so that I can be a star."

How will Britney ever develop a healthy self-image if she is looking for wrinkles and thinking about a breast and nose job at 8-years-old? How will she ever learn to accept and appreciate her body if she's given a quick "fix" – botox, waxing, plastic surgery – for every "problem" area she finds?

And what about the health risks of injecting Botox at such a young age?

Doctors and plastic surgeons recommend that only adults use Botox, but Kerry purchases Botox and Restalyne over the internet and uses a home-assembled kit of needles from the local pharmacy and a diabetic friend.

This does not sound safe or legal but according to The Sun there are no criminal laws preventing parents from doing this. If this is becoming a trend among beauty pageant parents, like Kerry suggests in her interview with The Sun, serious consideration is needed to protect children so they can actually be children – not frozen version of themselves with a lifetime's worth of crippling self-esteem.

Link to the article: http://www.care2.com/causes/womens-rights/blog/beauty-pageant-mother-injections-8-year-old-daughter-with-botox-and-takes-her-waxing

This is just RETARDED! THIS is why I am SOOOO against beauty pageants! Because of idiotic parents and their CHILDREN being pressured to always be perfect and their parents WANTING them to be perfect!!!! Lemme tell ya! NO child is perfect! The only CHILD that IS and WAS perfect is GOD and GOD ONLY. I'm not perfect, you aren't perfect: NO ONE IS. >.> I mean yeah, my niece competed in a beauty pageant once but her mom, my sister-in-law, did not go overboard with it! Come ON, 7 YEARS OLD and WANTING BREAST IMPLANTS!!!!!????? OH. EM. GEE. SERIOUSLY?! Has society seriously done this much harm to today's children that they all have to be oh-so perfect images of their oh-so perfect mothers?! I mean yes, I do want Leslie to do some things (preferrably sports-related, like softball) but I am not gonna make it her whole life like that's her career choice, for crying out loud! She may not even LIKE playing when she is older, and as her mother that is okay with me. Whatever she wants to do is HER own personal choice.[/i] I am NOT going to pressure her to do crap that she doesn't want to do... I do not care if your child is on the baseball team, nor do I care if he is on the football team. What the heck does it MATTER??? It's for fun, it's not like they're gonna be on a big league one day! Geez... Some people just aggravate me SO MUCH.

How sad that our society has come to this... an 8 year old girl recieving botox.

I thought that that whole pageant thing was crazy as it is, but then I hear about this poor girl being injected with botox and getting waxed.

This just makes me sick. People like this are not fit to be parents. Why the heck are children getting so sexualized in today's culture?!

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

"...I also want a boob and nose job soon, so that I can be a star."

I wanna throw up...

thats pretty **** wonder if the daughter actually wants to do this or if the mother is pushing her to do it

It's probably one of those snobbish "I have to have everything MY way" children. The worst kind, IMHO. Can't stand those types.

This just makes me sick. People like this are not fit to be parents. Why the heck are children getting so sexualized in today's culture?!

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I wanna throw up...

You aren't the only one who wants to.

Um..she's 8. What the frack ever happened to Barbie dolls and dressing up in mommy's old prom dress? C'mon...boob jobs? YOU'RE 8 FRICKIN' YEARS OLD! GROW DOWN.

stupid kid. stupid mother. stupid looks-obsessed society we live in.

*Dies of shame* ;_;

Um..she's 8. What the frack ever happened to Barbie dolls and dressing up in mommy's old prom dress? C'mon...boob jobs? YOU'RE 8 FRICKIN' YEARS OLD! GROW DOWN.

stupid kid. stupid mother. stupid looks-obsessed society we live in.

^ Amen, sister. >.>

Oh, if only I could fall asleep and wake up in the Colored forest...

(I haven't finally snapped. It's a Dekker reference)

...(But I think I'm gonna snap if i even watch this video)

And this is yet another reason why some people just are not fit to raise children.

^ QFT!

How is botox for someone that age even legal? o_0

One word: Money. One more word: Greed. xD

This is just wrong. :'( Have you ever watched that TLC show about the kids beauty pageants? The only little girl I liked (humble, cute, sweet) lost in like LAST place, and the spoiled, barbie-doll plastic girl won. What's that show called, "toddlers in tiaras"? I think it exists for the shock value, I swear.

This is just wrong. :'( Have you ever watched that TLC show about the kids beauty pageants? The only little girl I liked (humble, cute, sweet) lost in like LAST place, and the spoiled, barbie-doll plastic girl won. What's that show called, "toddlers in tiaras"? I think it exists for the shock value, I swear.

Yes. I despise that show so much. TLC should be sued for showing such crap. >.>

I can't even watch beauty pageants with toddlers on TV or look at the pictures of their faces for too long. They're so fake and beyond their years... It makes me incredibly sad... It's kinda like their carefree youth was taken away. The whole 'beauty pageant' thing sends the wrong message to little girls involved in the competition and sets them up for problems later on in life (depression, low self-esteem, eating disorders, etc). Those 'parents' are just adding so much unnecessary pressure to their daughter's lives just for their own personal gain.

And, I love the article's poll results... post-21000-137982354298_thumb.jpg

That story with the 8 rear old was sad, but the part that almost made me cry was what she said about the injections and other things.

One word: Money. One more word: Greed. xD

That's what the government and laws are for to curb man's greed and to control money.

That's what the government and laws are for to curb man's greed and to control money.

I think we all know how I feel about the government. And the FBI. *Cringes*

If you don't, well...

The government are evil, they are hiding aliens in the Area 51 base. They also have secrets. A lot of them...

The FBI are spies. They reside in the manhole covers... Tapping into peoples' televisions, making sure they aren't doing anything wrong. They watch you from street lights: Red, yellow and green. They use tiny cameras...

*Paranoid* O_O

Oh dear me. 8 years old? What sort of parent gives their 8 year old botox? What kind of 8 year old wants a boob job? That woman is not fit to be a parent. o.O

Oh dear me. 8 years old? What sort of parent gives their 8 year old botox? What kind of 8 year old wants a boob job? That woman is not fit to be a parent. o.O

^ Highly agreed.

Another fake in the making.

What this woman has done is brainwashed her kid to become a hollywood fake. It's going to be one dark road for her......

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Another fake in the making.

What this woman has done is brainwashed her kid to become a hollywood fake. It's going to be one dark road for her......

While I'm all for cosmetic surgery or "enhancements" but man...she's only 8 years old. She's obviously very insecure.