When did you start wearing high heels/do you wear them?

Cappuccino

When did you start wearing heels?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. When did you start wearing heels?

• Under 12
    • 18+
    • I don't wear them.

Not necessarily everyday, just for formal events, like weddings and whatnot.

I never did, but I have a pair for an event coming up, and even though they make me look a little taller, (Between 5'3" and 5'4" here) they are a pain to walk in.

Do you wear them? If so, when did you start wearing them?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love heels. :) I abhorred the idea of heels when I first wore them (14, woo). My mother made me get them to look "more professional" for debate. :( But if you search for a good pair of heels, they look nice, make your legs look nice, and are super comfortable. I actually prefer wearing my heels to tennis shoes sometimes because they feel more comfortable to me.

I think I was around 13 but I started wearing them often this year. Mostly cause my pant legs are too long on all my good boot cut jeans also because they make my feet look smaller.

I'm around 5'2 or 5'3 without heels and my favorite heels are like 4 inches. So im like 5'6 in them I think. And I still step on my pant legs.

I made the mistake of braking them in on a Walmart shopping trip which ended up lasting a few hours. I almost had to take them off to walk to the car. But I can wear them for a long time now.

[cont=trebuchet ms]I wore them for my parents "renewing of vows" ceremony. I'll also be wearing them for my upcoming eighth grade graduation, but those are usually the only types of occasions I'll wear them for. I'm in love with shoes, but I won't wear any type of sky-high heels. Y'all know how uncomfortable that is. [/font]

I started wearing heels at... maybe 12-ish? I'd wear them quite often, actually (mostly on special occasions and sometimes even to church).

I don't like heels at all now and rarely wear them (I prefer flats). Sure, heels make your legs look really nice and they make you taller, but they get annoying for me to walk in after a while. Now I only wear them at weddings. :D

I don't wear heels. I hate them quite a lot, and I think they look awful on me. Besides, I'm really short, so it looks like I'm trying too hard to look taller. I like being small, so what's even the point? :/

16. Got some for a fancy school thing and also for practical purposes last fall; got another pair recently for my formal that are twice as high as the first pair (almost 4") but are more comfortable. Alex Marie is a really good designer. O.O

I started wearing kitten heels when I was about 11 to school discos and things. Ive only made it into the big leagues of HIGH heels in the past two years or so. When Im not working I wear them fairly often, atleast twice a week. Im really small so it puts me to normal height. I feel pretty in high heels, It sounds silly but its true!

I wore like those little one inch heeled shoes to church as a kid. however,I loved to run around and play and always fell in them. For awhile,I was strictly a flats girl. Now I love my pumps. (Not spike pumps mind you,the clunky type.) But,platforms are my favorite. All of the height,none of the twisting of the ankles.

I guess I started wearing heels when I was around 16. I wore them to my Year 11 prom. Since then I wear them pretty much every time I go out at night :) They annoy the heck out of my boyfriend who basically doesn't understand them at all, haha.

I think I started wearing my heels when I was like thirtten or maybe fourteen. I've never been too much of a shoe lover. There was that point where i just wanted to wear some Converse shoes for my wedding. Now I just wear my heels like once a month for church and any other nice activities. Sometimes I wear them when I go out with my tall friends cause I just hate feeling short. Still, I'm pretty good with my heels; my tallest shoes are 5 inches and I don't even sweat on them. :)

Well theres a difference between heels and high heels. Like some of my old school shoes would have a little heel on them.

I used to wear wedges alot when I was younger, and I would count those as heels.

But now I only wear heels when Im going out clubbing or something.