Cappuccino

When did you start wearing high heels/do you wear them?

When did you start wearing heels?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. When did you start wearing heels?

• Under 12
    • 18+
    • I don't wear them.

I don't wear them because I'm gonna break my neck when/if I fall... I can't walk in high heels.

I started wearing heels at thirteen...not extreme heels,but around 2-3inches. My youth pastor's wife was the one that got me to wear themxD I'm fifteen now, and my tallest pair of heels are 4.5inches. I usually wear heels every week for church. I'm extremely short (4'11), so that's one of the reasons I wear them so much.

I think the first time I wore heels was for my Confirmation in eighth grade. I used to wear them pretty often, lately my style is a little more parallel to the ground

The only heels I ever wear are my boots, with about a 3" heel. I'm 5'5" so I don't really need any extra height, plus my boyfriend is only about 5'8-9" and I'm not a huge fan of being taller than him. lol Also, the only place I really have to wear heels is church, since I'm a dental assistant and can't exactly wear them at work.

I wear heels whenever possible...since i consider myself short....ive sprained my ankle....and tore ligaments in my ankle....but almost all of my shoes have heels....sandles to boots...to heels(of course)

heels are comfortable....i have like the smallest pair of heels ever...like from when i was little itty bitty.....

Off and on since 6th grade, more regularly the past year or so. I switch between TOMS and heels, but I prefer TOMS. :)

i proberly started wearing heels about a year ago and i only wear them at weddings as i can't walk in them as i fall over in them.

Well my mum doesn't really like me wearing them, but I want to go to higher heels, but she's like "No, it'll damage your feet."

Point taken, but to be honest, I would like to start wearing 'proper heels' (3 inches and more).

But I have worn heels like, 1cm, when i was younger :')

Oh, and I sometimes wear my friends' 4 inch heels, and I can walk okay in them (Y)

My family dressed up for church every week when I was growing up. Therefore dress shoes were a must. And my family is unusually tall and big footed (we're Norwegians, Swedes, Germans, Russians, and Danes) so around age 10 or 11 my feet were too big for the flat little kids shoes and the style at the time was the higher the heel the better. So my mom made me pick the lowest of the high heels and I only wore them to church and formal events until I was 14 or 15 and then she let me choose the heels that I wanted (I still only wear them to formal events though) which have been medium height stilettos style. Flats don't fit me well. I learned to run in heels (chasing the boys playing tag in the church yard lol) so walking in them for a few hours doesn't bother me hardly at all.

Not really a certian age... I think its stupid for a 12 year old to wear 4inch + heels, but if they were some cutsey 1inch ones or something thats fine. I think heels are fine for young woman, teens and older as long as you dont look like a stripper or really slutty or something.

Guest FirefromtheEast

Wearing heels is like willingly strapping medieval torture devices to your feet.

Last year I was buy the men High heel shoes. These was really very nice and comfortable. I was buy these high heels from the shoes store. There are many varieties of high heels shoes are available.

I've been wearing high heels on occasion for a couple months now (I'm 15.). I bought them in an incredibly small size, and I can barely even fit my feet in them. Sadly though my heels still slip out of the shoes, I have no idea why. I've even tried the little inserts you put on the back and I still slip out of the shoes and almost fall over. High heels aren't good for small feet. I guess it's a miracle I don't fit in them since I'm a clumsy person.

I have only been wearing heels for the past year or so. And I'm just about 22. I would never wear any heels that would make it difficult to walk though.

I thought Madame Captain was a girl. I think she changed her gender here as a joke because I definitely remember her being a girl and talking here. Nevertheless all you lurking boys, I stay off your forum. Now you stay off ours. God bless :flapper:

When I was little I had the cute block heels that went with the lacy socks :P

Now I wear heels only with skirts, dresses, or dress pants. So every couple weeks or so when I'm going to an event or church.

I absolutely dread wearing heels. I'm still not used to walking in them. Wedges are apparently meant to be more comfortable but I dont think so.

I've avoided wearing heels ever since I fell down the stairs (in heels) as I was about to leave home for my high school prom. :glare:

Thankfully, my dress wasn't ruined..my ankles however...

totally different story.