Cappuccino

When did you start wearing high heels/do you wear them?

When did you start wearing heels?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. When did you start wearing heels?

• Under 12
    • 18+
    • I don't wear them.

I started wearing them in college (16) I have to wear them when I am shadowing and now I wear them to formal events, or just out if I want to feel more confident walking down the street

I wasn't allowed to wear high-heels until my 8th grade graduation.

Despite the fact that I'm 5'2", I never really wear heels. I just...don't.

I wear them from time to time. But I don't really like them, because I have really weak ankles and thus, frequently hurt myself when wearing heels. :)

I wear them from time to time. But I don't really like them, because I have really weak ankles and thus, frequently hurt myself when wearing heels. :)

Should have stuck to this. I wore heels to play practice today, turned my ankle at a singularly inopportune moment, and fell off the stage. XD

Twelve or thirteen - I answered the question and then remembered I wore a pair of white wedges to confirmation. I don't make a habit of wearing them, though - I think the last time I wore a pair of heels was in June, and that was a really special occasion. Actually, the only pair of high heeled shoes I've ever worn were white wedges (two different pairs, since my feet grew) and I far prefer wedge heels to stilettos and the like.

I didn't start wearing heals til 12-13. but they aren't major ones. just a couple inches. I don't hardly ever wear heals. I haven't worn any for over two years. so when I do I just borrow my moms. You see, we don't go to a church, we do "church" at home. so we don't get all gussied up. And since I'm home schooled we don't go to dances, or debates, or any of that other stuff kids do.

I don't wear heels loads but I do like wearing them. I tend to buy heels and look after them really well so they last. I started wearing them at about 13, if I remember right.

I am a tomboy; heels are not my thing. They are uncomfortable and I hate them. They had to have been invented by a guy. :D

My mother bought me my first pair of heels when I was 10. I never really got into wearing them until I was about 12, however.

I can run, skip, hop, jump (and mosh) in heels. My head says yes, but my feet are rather...opposed to the idea :bored:

They had to have been invented by a guy. :D

"Mom, I will pick out my own dress. And no, I will not wear high heels. Because heels are a male invention designed to make women's butt look smaller... and to make it harder for them to run away."

Viola - She's the Man

When I was 13, I almost instantly switched from flip flops and flats to kitty-heeled wedges. All it took was a trip to Europe XD

Honestly, I only wear shoes that give a height boost because being short isn't fun. All of my shoes are wedged heels, which only give a 2-3 inch boost.

I'm 14, and I don't wear them. My parents probably wouldn't mind as long as the heels were only reasonably high, but I really don't have occasion to wear them and I typically dress casually anyhow. Also, I would be afraid that I would sprain an ankle. :unsure:

Oh, and I like to run/walk fast. :P

never have I ever >.< ... me plus tall slippery shoes is a recepie for a broken something.

I'm 14, and I don't wear them. My parents probably wouldn't mind as long as the heels were only reasonably high, but I really don't have occasion to wear them and I typically dress casually anyhow. Also, I would be afraid that I would sprain an ankle. :unsure:

Oh, and I like to run/walk fast. :P

You'd be impressed at how fast I can move in a pair of heels :P

I started wearing them at about 10 it sounds weird but I think I am more mature now at 13 then most are at like 15 my mother and sister think so to (smile)

Forbidden to wear them still at 15. Makes them more desirable of course.

They screw up the length of your calves anyway if you wear them all the time. Best to wear flats while you're still growing.

I've worn heels only a few times before, on very special occasions. I think that they could be beautiful (not the ones that make you look a whole foot or so taller, I find those ridiculous! XD), but that they are rather uncomfortable for prolonged periods of time, even when they fit properly.

Weirdly enough, heels are a lot more comfortable for me than flats. If I wear like, ballet style flats I will be physically limping by the end of the work day. Heels? Fine. 

So basically I wear heels or boots all the time. Sneakers are ok too, as are shoes with a very small heel.