CallMeMargot

How far would you go physically before marriage?

I maintain the same answer I posted earlier, waiting til I'm engaged to kiss on the lips, and married to do anything further.

I feel like clarifying though, because my personal boundaries have had to be clarified as my relationship has progressed. If even something otherwise within our boundaries was done out of passion, it's to be refrained from if not explicitly forbidden. If it's purely affectionate, there's no problem. Simply because passion is much harder to contain.

I will admit I let my boyfriend touch my leg, but he knows quite well that if he even unintentionally goes too far up that I will move his hand back down to my knee. I have let him touch my tummy too, simply because it remains an affectionate touch and he has never attempted or expressed a desire to go further. Touch is our "love language" and we're not ashamed of that. There have been numerous times when we've looked in each others' eyes and it's obvious that if we could we'd have kissed, but we consider it an impossibility, it's not an option at all.

2 years down. Probably 2 or 3 more years to go. Blech. Ah well, it's worth the wait, or so I've been told. :)

I dont do anything that i would be ashamed of my parents and Father, God, knowing about. I believe this is a good policy because it allows the personl level of flexibility because of the dfferent relationships people have with those around them.

As of today I think that a simple kiss on the lips would be as far as I would go, however, I'm not a virgin any more and I regret it. So I don't know, it's probably different for me then it is for other people.

If you are Christian, then you wait for marriage in terms of sexual intercourse. If you are not then I'd say you are free to choose!

If you are asking "is that too far", you would be sinning against your conscience to do so.

I think there is a bit of Christian Liberty here, but is it best to play on the safe side, to ensure you do not fall into temptation, and what is certainly sin (sex, nudity).

hmmm... personally I'm not against kissing or hugging or hand holding while dating, but I wouldn't get more physical than that [except maybe a little cuddle here or there if it's really serious] until I was married.

I believe in saving myself for my husband and that my virginity is the greatest gift I have to show my dedication and love to my future husband.

Purity is not "how far can I get without sinning" it is "how can I behave/speak/think in a way that glorifies God" therefore, the boundary should be this: "how far can I go with my thoughts still focused on Jesus?" If, for you, you are particularly good at focusing on Jesus, then maybe you can make out without looking away from Him. However, if you are like most people, you can probably only kiss or even hold hands. Also, if you feel a strong desire to go further, you have already gone too far.

Until I'm married, I won't go any farther than kissing (normal kissing, no frenching until marriage).

And even with the kissing, I'm not going to kiss (except for maybe pecks on the cheek) until later on when I'm ready- at least a few months after we start dating. Just to keep things from going too fast too soon.

Personally, I won't kiss until my wedding day, not because I think it is wrong to do so, but because I believe this way is just better. Let's face it: hormone-laden teenagers are easily aroused and can easily be caught up in emotion to a dangerous end. So, I think the Biblical concept of fleeing sexual immorality and lust makes it reasonable to not even kiss. Again, though, I don't think it's wrong. Now, French kissing and anything more than that I believe in sinful outside of marriage, simply because such things are inextricably bound up with lust. As my old pastor says, "If you can make out without lusting, you're a psychopath."

A reminder to those on the forum discussing this topic:

The Statement of Faith applies to all forums except the Christian Debate Room.

9. The human body is a temple of God, and it should be respected as such. Various behaviors and activities, such as (but not limited to) premarital sex, drugs, drunkenness, or anything else that is harmful to the body physically or mentally are condemned by God (Hebrews 13:4, 1 Cor. 6:18-20). As a Christian forum, we don't condone or support these actions, and they have no place in the community we promote here.

In Christ,

Katy

A reminder to those on the forum discussing this topic:

The Statement of Faith applies to all forums except the Christian Debate Room.

In Christ,

Katy

I thought that the +16 forum was exempt as well.

I thought that the +16 forum was exempt as well.

Nope, it is not.

Let's be real, I've made some mistakes in my past I am not proud of, but they happened. Now that I've come to know Christ, I would never go that far again until I'm married. If you actually wanna go that far, it's your choice...

Hm... This is the second thread like this that's been active lately.

I really don't think the question should be "how close can I get before crossing the line", but "how far can I get from the line".

Kissing is pretty much the end of the premarital line for me. After "I do," then I'll order from the rest of the menu.

Can't handle the heat? Stay out of the kitchen. I'm not sure if I can handle the heat, so I'm in the living room, watching TV, contemplating making some popcorn in the dining room.

I would kiss before marriage. To me going from lip virgins to sescksually active in less than 24 hours is pretty far pretty fast. Too fast for my taste.(Kudos to anyone who has that objective in mind though. I see nothing wrong with it. ^_^) I'm of the thought line that such intimacy takes time to build. You start with holding hands and gentle embraces, kisses on the cheek and slowly, steadily work your way up, growing closer until your wedding night arrives. WHEN YOU REACH THE ULTIMATE IN INTIMACY.

Granted, I know hormones play a factor in this, and we all know how they can wreck things for us. :P

But, still, I'd kiss before marriage, and hug, and cuddle. Originally, my game plan was first kiss at engagement. But now that I'm older... that just doesn't seem plausible, or desirable.

Can't handle the heat? Stay out of the kitchen. I'm not sure if I can handle the heat, so I'm in the living room, watching TV, contemplating making some popcorn in the dining room.

I would kiss before marriage. To me going from lip virgins to sescksually active in less than 24 hours is pretty far pretty fast. Too fast for my taste.(Kudos to anyone who has that objective in mind though. I see nothing wrong with it. ^_^) I'm of the thought line that such intimacy takes time to build. You start with holding hands and gentle embraces, kisses on the cheek and slowly, steadily work your way up, growing closer until your wedding night arrives. WHEN YOU REACH THE ULTIMATE IN INTIMACY.

Granted, I know hormones play a factor in this, and we all know how they can wreck things for us. :P

But, still, I'd kiss before marriage, and hug, and cuddle. Originally, my game plan was first kiss at engagement. But now that I'm older... that just doesn't seem plausible, or desirable.

Me too, and given that most people's first attempt at a passionate kiss looks like a mule trying to eat a sugar cube through a split rail fence, I'd rather kiss whilst dating so that by the time I am engaged/married I'll be well comfortable with it.

This made me laugh. Not because it's silly, but because you manage to be amusing and sensible.

Me too, and given that most people's first attempt at a passionate kiss looks like a mule trying to eat a sugar cube through a split rail fence, I'd rather kiss whilst dating so that by the time I am engaged/married I'll be well comfortable with it.

Like this?

kE8DGJ2.gif