I know, you're thinking what the-heck- kind of title is that, but whatever. Get over it, ;p

Anyways, I LOVE quotes. Not sappy ones. But ones that say a lot in a few words and encourage, inspire me and etc.

So I was thinking we should all post our favorite quotes here.

If this thread is a re-make, I apologize. I typed in quotes and nothing came up ...lol.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." -George Eliot

"People are funny. They spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't need, to impress people they don't like." (Unknown)

"People can change. They just don't because it's easier not to. We're always waiting for our lives to begin, like figuring we'll be someone else someday. But what are we waiting for? All we have is now. Don't run from this." (Unknown)

"There is no speed limit on the pursuit of excellence." (Unknown)

All truth passes through three stages. First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. -Arthur Schopenhauer

"When people walk away from you, let them go. Your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you & it doesn't mean they are bad people. It just means that their part in your story is over." (Unknown)

I have more...but that's all for now...what about yours? =)

"The large print givith and the small print taketh away." - Tom Waits

"At eighteen our convictions are hills from which we look; at forty-five they are caves in which we hide." - F. Scott Fitzgerald.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences." - David Gemmell

"I have discovered in my long life that there are many words and phrases which have more power than any spell of magick. The most well-known of these is, of course, I love you. But by far the most deadly is, if only. For these two words can strip a man's strength, his courage and his confidence. They become the father of regret and anguish and pain." - David Gemmell

"To be truthful i am not entirely sure what people mean when they talk of happiness. There are moments of joy and laughter, the comfort of friendship, but enduring happiness? If it exists i have not found it" - David Gemmell

"In 2011, I will not, never, never, never, ever be ashamed of Jesus... I will not be afraid, I will not be ashamed; this is my life, I am not dead, and I am not asleep; I am awake, and I am alive." - John Cooper

"I AM A PEANUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

- John Cooper.

"And they were like,'Doggie!Rock some more!', and I was like,'I am a peanut,and I will'"

- John Cooper

"When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you." - Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly)

"The only difference between a violin and a viola is that a viola burns for longer." - Victor Borge

"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same." - Oscar Wilde

"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs." - Karl Marx

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit,Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad -Author Unknown

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice. -Bill Cosby

Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid. -Hedy Lamar

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. -Jim Carrey

"When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you find someone to carry you." - Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly)

I like it (even though Zoe actually uttered the second half of that quote, not Mal, just a heads up ;)), but I can go one better :P

Simon: So, finally a decent wound on this ship, and I miss out. I'm sorry.

Mal: Well, you were busy trying to get yourself lit on fire. It happens.

I like it (even though Zoe actually uttered the second half of that quote, not Mal, just a heads up ;)), but I can go one better :P

Simon: So, finally a decent wound on this ship, and I miss out. I'm sorry.

Mal: Well, you were busy trying to get yourself lit on fire. It happens.

Ha! Ah well, I simplified it a little, as it's supposed to be Mal's wartime saying, I think.

Also:

Wash: Psychic, though? That's like something out of science fiction!

Zoe: We live in a spaceship, dear.

The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.-John F. Kennedy

'the fascists of the future will be called the "anti fascists" - - Winston G Churchill

these are the ones i can think of right now... ill be adding in the future

Ha! Ah well, I simplified it a little, as it's supposed to be Mal's wartime saying, I think.

Also:

Wash: Psychic, though? That's like something out of science fiction!

Zoe: We live in a spaceship, dear.

River: Also... I can kill you with my brain.

:P

"The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks."

- Douglas Adams

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."

- A. A. Milne

"If you can keep your wits about you while all others are losing theirs, and blaming you. The world will be yours and everything in it, what's more, you'll be a man, my son."

- Rudyard Kipling

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."

- Mark Twain

"Mozart's mustache looks like a cheese covered pretzel"

- Unknown (Sorry, but for me this one is a necessity)

[/url]

Friendship often ends in love, but love never ends in friendship.

** * * * **-Charles Caleb Colton

I'm gonna be a space cow! I'll rub it in your face now! I'm gonna be a space cow! Wiggle wiggle wiggle!

** * * * * -Otis the cow

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Friendship often ends in love, but love never ends in friendship.

** * * * **-Charles Caleb Colton

I'm gonna be a space cow! I'll rub it in your face now! I'm gonna be a space cow! Wiggle wiggle wiggle!

** * * * * -Otis the cow

"Stay asleep until you wake up, 'cause if you wake up before you wake up, it'll mess up your whole day." - Paul Needham.
I just love this. :D And it's so true! lol

---

“History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.” - Maya Angelou

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou

"“Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” - Robert Frost

“Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes... just be an illusion.” - Javan

"War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left." - Idk.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery." - Bob Marley

“Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, because hate in your heart will consume you." - Will Smith

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up." - Mark Twain

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." - Gandhi

“Of all the things Christ wants for us, loving Him and focusing our attention on Him are the most important.” - Charles Stanley