Sign in to follow this  
✟ Keep.Your.Head.Up ✟

Do you pray with eyes open or closed?(-.-) ,(o.o)

Do you pray with your eyes open or closed?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you pray with your eyes open or closed?

• Open
    • Closed

Added poll, hopefully it's good enough. Just let me know if it isnt.

And for the record I do it closed. Normally though it's because I do it at night when i'm already tired.

Usually close, at least try to. Open if it's not the apropriet time or place for prayer. Cause I often pray when I'm doing other things.

Mostly do you pray with eyes opened or closed?

I personally pray with eyes closed I feel a deeper connection and less distraction.

CLOSED! For the same reason you do; Less distraction, helps keep me focused on God, especially in church; for respect of others. But I am able to pray with my eyes open, however I only do this when I'm not capable of closing them, but I need to pray: Such as, when I'm driving. :) I also kneel, (rarely) when I have the courage to, as an outward expression to say: "I don't care what's going on around me, I need God" And I think closing your eyes is a similar expression of this. :)

I pray both ways. I don't just pray when I sit down to, I try to be constantly in prayer and often times that means I *need* to keep my eyes open...i.e. when i'm driving... haha. But I agree with what Slycooper said. When I'm simply praying I tend to close my eyes for the deeper connection and to get rid of distraction.

Needs option for both...I pray with my eyes closed before meals at church etc but I often pray all through the day more as just having a conversation with God..

Open...I mostly pray while walking, talking, or doing chores...I pray some days like continiously(SP?) all day.....so i can't close my eyes

Usually close, at least try to. Open if it's not the apropriet time or place for prayer. Cause I often pray when I'm doing other things.

Yes, that's pretty much what. I'll close my eyes if I'm sitting...but if I'm busy, I won't.

Well,usually closed. But if I'm outdoors, I just want to take Him all in... and so open..

<3 ahh the pacific northwest

I pray most often with my eyes open because oddly enough, that is less distracting to me. If I pray with eyes closed, I keep wondering if someone is looking at me. I know that is dumb.... but I struggle with a little bit of paranoia. If I have my eyes open, I am less worried about that. I have noticed it just helps me. :)

I focus better with my eyes open. O_o And I like to look up, for some reason; not ritualistically or anything, I just like to look up. My mind wanders too much if my eyes are closed.

I think I pray the best prayers when my eyes are open ... o_O

When I'm with others, I pray with my eyes closed.

I focus better with my eyes open. O_o And I like to look up, for some reason; not ritualistically or anything, I just like to look up. My mind wanders too much if my eyes are closed.

I am the exact same way. I usually focus upwards or sometimes straight forward but not really looking AT anything at all. I have the same issue -- My mind wanders WAY too much with my eyes closed.

Prayers when your eyes are open don't count.

Why? You're still talking to God, correct?

I do either, it depends on where I am. Usually open though because I try to just talk to God all throughout the day. Sometimes it's not safe to close my eyes when I'm doing something. Lol, when I'm sitting down though I shut them.

Well,usually closed. But if I'm outdoors, I just want to take Him all in... and so open..

<3 ahh the pacific northwest

Yes that would be my only exception of having them open if Im somewhere with real nice scenery that I can feel one with world and just being able to hear nature but its kinda difficult where Im at since there arent too many rural areas near by:thumbdn:

It's always the appropriate time and place for prayer, but maybe not for closing your eyes.

I usually pray with my eyes closed. If they're open, it's usually when I'm walking, driving, or if I'm out hiking in the woods.

I usually pray in bed, therefore my eyes are closed anyways.

If I'm at my house, usually alone, and I'm praying, my eyes are closed.

If I'm in public, my eyes are usually open.

I'd rather them closed though. It feels more personal and private.

I have to close my eyes orr i will get distracted but i sometimes pray when my eyes are open if i'm walking down the street or something like that.

Err, both! If it's in church, or when I'm in bed I tend to close my eyes. But I usually say lots of prayers and randomly talk to God throughout the day, at school, while driving, at the store etc, so I don't just stop what I'm doing, close my eyes and put my hands together, as it's not exactly practical? Ehh.