Sign in to follow this  
✟ Keep.Your.Head.Up ✟

Will there be more or fewer Christians in the next century?

Will there be more or fewer Christians in the next century?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Will there be more or fewer Christians in the next century?

• More
    • Fewer
    • Don't know

I think there will be fewer Christians, or at least fewer Christians in name only. However, I think those who remain will be all the stronger for it. ^_^

The question and the answers feel like "Q:How are you? A:Thank you."

Exactly my thoughts. Haha.

I chose "I don't know", because I really don't know... With the way the world is going like it is now, I am seriously losing my faith and hope in humanity... But I always seem to find something that brings that hope back...

I'd say less. Just based on the way people act,Christian morals are completely unheard of to alot of Americans . It's actually kind of sad.

The question and the answers feel like "Q:How are you? A:Thank you."

Im not asking for a physic everyone has assumptions I just want to know what most people think even though its hard to predict you can still make conclusions from how the society acts and what stigmas are present in todays world and base your answer upon that reason...

Im not asking for a physic everyone has assumptions I just want to know what most people think even though its hard to predict you can still make conclusions from how the society acts and what stigmas are present in todays world and base your answer upon that reason...

The problem isn't that people don't trust their ability to correctly make a prediction, it's that the answers "yes" and "no" don't fit with the question "will there be more or less". The answers should have been "more" "less" and "don't know".

Assuming yes to mean more and no to mean less, I answered no.

As times get more difficult in the years ahead, I believe that there will be fewer Christians as people's true selfish nature will come out to feast.

As far as Australia is concerned there is a massive trend towards atheism with people of our age.

The problem isn't that people don't trust their ability to correctly make a prediction, it's that the answers "yes" and "no" don't fit with the question "will there be more or less". The answers should have been "more" "less" and "don't know".

Assuming yes to mean more and no to mean less, I answered no.

Whoops I see what you guys mean I never got to proof read the poll and wasnt able to create the poll itslef but instead a moderator did for me (I was under 50posts) but they had the best intention in creating it for me from what I was asking but regardless you guys get the point without correction.

Guest JAG
As times get more difficult in the years ahead, I believe that there will be fewer Christians as people's true selfish nature will come out to feast.

See, I went the opposite route because history shows that Christianity (true Christianity) thrives under persecution.

I'm not really sure. I guess the real question is: "Will there even be a next century?" The way things are going, it seems like Jesus' return is getting really close.

Ya no doubt more turmoil will develop but from it I do believe more will become faithful in harder times having to resort to an alternative way of life per se'

I'm not really sure. I guess the real question is: "Will there even be a next century?" The way things are going, it seems like Jesus' return is getting really close.

This also popped up in my head there are so many people oblivious to all the evil manifesting in out present time and our technology isnt helping unity either...

Ya no doubt more turmoil will develop but from it I do believe more will become faithful in harder times having to resort to an alternative way of life per se'

I want to believe this as well, but it is not always true. When times are tough you see the true nature of people come out.

For example, I live near Joplin, MO and I have been quite touched by the number of local relief efforts underway. Reaching out to assist others is most charitable, but swallowing the pill of actively living the 10 commandments day by day by day is another which I find many fail at.

As a Catholic, it has been foretold through certain Marian apparitions and experiences by the Mystics that the Church will get smaller during the end times. I would agree with this. Not to start a big debate, but I see plenty of people who want to live a soft Christian life, picking and choosing their beliefs, but few who want to tow the genuine doctrine of the Catholic Church.

My mistake, I made it in a rush so misread the question. Should be good enough now.

Apologies <3

I voted that there would be more, not more people that call themselves christian but more true christians.

This is mostly based on a hunch that we are very much building up to end times (maybe just a hope).

I personally believe there will be less Christians, atheism/agnosticism(?) has seemed to be becoming more common. I know a lot of people who describe themselves as atheist but only 5 or 6 people who consider themselves "true" Christians.

I believe everyone has the right to their own beliefs though, if they don't want to believe in God - that's their own choice. No one knows what's out there in the universe, I know there's tons of arguments one could use "against" the belief of creation, or of God. I believe that as more technology becomes available to us, and we find out more, more people will become confused and won't be sure of their beliefs. However, I choose to believe. Which, like atheism, is my own right. :)

It's seems like there would be fewer, but you never know. There could be a revival, and God's ways are mysterious.