Sign in to follow this  
kala

ever delt with suicide before ?

I am not proud to say..that yes I have complemated it and attempted...Ive also had friends attempt...and a close neighbor succeed.....

I havent considered it myself but I know a couple people who have.. But remember no matter what your going through, your life is precious. To you to God and wether or not you know it those around you. Yeah based on what I've seen/heard it sucks.

Ive known someone that has but thats due to lack of confidence and faith in general; Keep your head up ! Life is too precious' date=' significant, and great to just go to waste without seeing its true potential![/quote']

amen. message me if you need to talk or message any of us or add me on facebook (www.facebook.com/swampfox17). God bless

I will say that I have had a friend attempt it... On MSN before. She lives in Glasgow, Scotland. She was going to drown herself in the bath, and she came back on and said she couldn't because she began thinking of all her friends and family being upset, and that kept her from it. All I have to say to you is this, and this what I say to myself sometimes: You are stronger than you think. You are stronger than the pain. Love you and if ya need ANYTHING, just please PM one of us. God Bless you.

^GOD is stronger than your pain too. sure,it may SEEM like your darkest hour,but if you hold out,things will get brighter,I promise(I almost did it when I was 15). Think all the people who will miss you. your folks,friends...

And do you really want your last deed in life to be murder? Because that's what suicide is,self murder.

Hold on hon. Cling to Jesus and he'll get you through your trouble. I know that sounds absurd,but it works, TRUST ME.

Yes, I have dealt with suicide. I tried to kill myself when I was at the lowest point of my life. It wasn't just that I believed things were terrible. It wasn't that I believed things couldn't get worse -- I knew they actually could. I didn't believe I had a single ounce of support to get me through something if and when they DID get worse. I had been through alot in a very short amount of time. I couldn't take much else -- I couldn't deal with much more pain. I really couldn't. Within a matter of 5 months, it was one thing after another. I do not believe in the adage that "God only gives what you can handle" because that isn't in the Bible -- it isn't. It is a misconstrued verse - but that sentiment isn't in there at all.

I had been given enough. So, yes, I tried to end it completely. When I woke up the next morning, I was angrier than I was the night before. I tried to overdose on pills and vodka. It didn't work at all. I was angry that I was still alive. Part of the problem was that I believed because I had been rejected time and time again by so many of God's people that I was also being rejected by God. I thought because his followers, at the time, hated me so much, that God was no different. I was wrong. Deep within me, I knew the truth. But, it was easier to believe that God hated me than to think he loved me and still allowed all the mess to happen to me. I was easier to believe this wonderful, loving God hated me than to think he loved and completely abandoned me. I truly believed at that moment, I had no one.

The truth was this ... I had lost people. There were terrible things that happened. I was going through an extremely difficult time. But, there were also some other things that were true. I did have a couple great friends left. I did have a family that stood behind me no matter how bad stuff got. And, yes, I had God that no matter how absent he seemed -- was there the whole time. Suicide is no answer to anything. It is a cop out to everything.

If you are thinking about it, get help. If you don't want to talk to someone in person, do some research and get some phone numbers for national hotlines for suicide. They do help and there are people there TRAINED to deal with this. Just talking about things can help. Talk to someone you trust -- pastor, parent, teacher, whoever. Talk. Don't end things because you think there is no other answer. There ARE situations with no answers. That is the harsh reality of life. But, you can learn to DEAL with the ones with no answers anyway. You can learn to COPE with them in a healthy manner. There are somethings that happen that are terrible, and you shouldn't push them aside and refuse to deal with them. Get help -- quickly. There are people that do care about you. Don't be like me. Don't leave people wondering, "Why? Why didn't you call me? Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you get help?" Don't leave parents questioning themselves for years thinking, "Could I have stopped her? Could I have prevented this?" Don't be like me!

If you know someone thinking about this, tell an adult! QUICKLY! Even if you have promised someone you would never tell, tell anyway. This is an occasion when breaking someone's trust may mean saving their life.

Amanda

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for my God is with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

No matter what you're going through, no matter how hard life seems, God will always be with you. He will always protect you, He will always comfort you. Whatever you're going through, he will get you through it. You can count on that. :)

Several of my friends have killed themselves (the most recent on May 1st) and I contemplate it regularly. Yeah, it's unpleasant. Not sure what this thread's exactly about though.

I've thought about it too many times to count, but because of how much I have thought about it, I have realized that I can never go through with it. I could never hurt my family so bad as leave them to deal with my dead body and grieving. Nor can I leave my friends behind like that.

I just had a friend come out of the hospital from attempting. She seems to be doing better now, I think. I've had so many friends consider it. It's horrible thinking that I could lose a close friend. Very horrible.

Depression clouds one's mind and convinces them that there is no getting better. However, that is not true at all. I was depressed for over two years, and I eventually got better. Please, pray to God to heal you. I will pray for you. God wouldn't put you on this Earth merely to suffer. There is life beyond pain, and there is also a reason He is putting you through this. Pain is what makes us stronger in the long run. We learn from it. We learn how to deal with future pains more effectively as well as realizing that we shouldn't take anything for granted. Things DO get better, though. I promise you. For now, pray for God to heal you. You really need to do that.

Yes, when I was about 11. Oh and yes, it was real :P But you know how God uses bad things for the good.... well God, through me, saved two of my best friends from suicide. Pretty much because I listened and knew what they were going through :)

Now I trust God moore than ever before, esp. in my troubles and hardships !

xxxx

My friend is suicidal now. I cannot convince her that healing is worth it. I don't know how to convince her that she needs to keep fighting. I feel powerless. I am so scared for her, too. She has attempted before and was just hospitalized for two weeks. I hate that my friends get suicidal. I absolutely hate it.

Truthfully yes. I have contemplated it. But when I thought about the big picture, I knew that that dark time wouldn't last forever. If God gave you life, he is the only one who has the right to take it away. It is a precious gift and you can only have it once. Once it is gone, you can't get it back. No matter how low you may seem, you have the hope of heaven in the future, when God decides it's time. His plan is so much better than our puny little human minds can comprehend. Trust in him. Have hope. That is what I think of when I am down, how amazing my eternal life will be with God. Life may seem long and too far to wait and have patients, but on the map of eternity it's barley anything. Hope is a reassuring thing. Infact, I have a whole blog dedicated to it (link in my signature if you want to check it out) and my theme verse is

PSALM 71:14

"But as for me I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more"

Moved to 16+. Talking about suicide is a tad mature for the public forum so i'll move it here for safe keeping.

I would never attempt it but once when a friend of mine said something really hurtful I kinda hoped something bad would happen to me to make her feel guilty and realise how wrong she had been.

I felt so bad after thinking that though... :(

I've thought about it before. I've seriously considered it twice, but one time was the day before Mother's day, and the other was the day before my mom's birthday, and I realized I couldn't do that to her. And i'm glad that I didn't. My best friend attempted it recently, thank God she didn't succeed.

Spent about a week in a mental hospital because I was considered a harm to myself. A few of those nights were spent in a padded room under constant supervision. The food was good though.

Thought about it a lot, attempted once. Went to the ER for overdose. Had to drink two cups of charcoal.

I think I'm the only one I know though.

I think about suicide quite frequently. I've had problems with depression for many years. I've only made one attempt and it was a poor one, I didn't even need to be hospitalized. I try my hardest to be happy and not let my thoughts wander there, but it doesn't always work. I've also had friends who struggled with wanting to end their life and made half-hearted attempts to kill themselves as well. I think it's a bigger issue in our society than people want to believe.