Sign in to follow this  
✟ Keep.Your.Head.Up ✟

Would you want to keep living if paralyzed from the neck down??

Would you still have a desire to live?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still have a desire to live?

I suppose I would. However, I do fear being paralyzed more than I fear death. :( And I'd hope my brain function wasn't altered.

._.

I don't know. I've never tried it.

Doesn't actually seem like the sort of thing you get to try. Unless someone ties you very snugly to a table and leaves you there for a while.

Uhhh no.

To me, being unable to move like that would be way worse than death. It would be a huge burden on my family, especially financially. I'd probably never get married. I wouldn't be able to have kids, which would just about kill me anyway.

And I know there would probably be some reason for becoming paralyzed, but I'd probably be so devastated I'd just ignore whatever God was trying to say :/

Besides, as soon as I died, I would be in paradise ^_^ I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of not being able to live out my life to the fullest, traveling the world and living in different countries, doing the job I think God wants me to do.

I think I would want to keep living, because I'm sure there'd be SOME way to glorify God in all that. I think that disabled and injured people tend to glorify God more especially when they do something with it.

Uhhh no.

To me, being unable to move like that would be way worse than death. It would be a huge burden on my family, especially financially. I'd probably never get married. I wouldn't be able to have kids, which would just about kill me anyway.

And I know there would probably be some reason for becoming paralyzed, but I'd probably be so devastated I'd just ignore whatever God was trying to say :/

Besides, as soon as I died, I would be in paradise ^_^ I'm not afraid of death. I'm afraid of not being able to live out my life to the fullest, traveling the world and living in different countries, doing the job I think God wants me to do.

^ Completely agree. I just wouldn't be able to keep living.

I say no. I do alot of stuff that involves those affected areas. I have alot of respect for anyone who has dealt with that who has the God given will to go on for I know I wouldn't have the stomach to in that situation

Honestly... I really don't know... ._.

I mean... I think I would. I mean I'd have to. XD Or else I would... Well, die. o_o

Meh, sure why not. I aint the most active of people anyway, I'll still be able to learn, read, communicate, watch, listen to my ipod, and, on the up side, i'll find have the time to sit through Fanny and Alexander.

No, I really wouldn't. Waist down I could probably handle, but neck down, no way. It's just little things like not being able to feed or dress myself that would get me.

It would probably be the fact that I wouldn't be able to have children that would bother me the most.

Of course, not being able to feed myself, clothe myself or move any other part of my body would also be a huge bother. You know, those normal everyday things that you don't notice, but would be alarmed if you couldn't do them anymore.

Sure, why not? I mean, I know it sounds totally cliched, but one of the most inspiring guys I've ever known was paralyzed from the neck down. His wife and daughter had to take care of him, but man...that guy was a light. He didn't hide the fact that he wasn't happy all the time, but he always made sure people knew the kind of hope and joy he had in his God. Freakin' cool.

If I did end up paralyzed from the neck down, I'd honestly probably be pretty devastated for awhile. There are a lot of things I want to do still that require motor skills. ._. However, I'd like to think with God's help I could be of some use. I wouldn't mind setting an example for people in the same predicament.

So...yeah. I'd want to keep living. If that's what God has planned for me, so be it. (I'm still gonna pray that DOESN'T happen, buuuut. XD)

Guest ToxicSkylines

only if someone let me bungee jump everyday :P