Sign in to follow this  
✟ Keep.Your.Head.Up ✟

Hypothetically if Christianity didnt exist what religon would you believe in?

Religion?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Religion?

• Jewish
    • Muslim
    • Hindu
    • Buddhist
    • Other

Honestly? Well...based on the majority of my extended family, I wouldn't really follow a religion. I'd be all, "Yeah, I believe in God." And that would be the extent of it. And then I'd go do my own thing and be selfish all the time. :3 Like...the majority of my family. ._.

Sooo... not-really-looking agnostic?

I picked other though I think it would be similar to Buddism and creationism.

Unless I was raised with organized religion I would be unlikely to gravitate towards it. Although I love tradition I hate being told what to believe.

Guest JAG

I'd be the god of myself and I'd worship me - my desires, needs, etc.

We had a poll like this once. I said I'd be Wiccan. Which, IMO, is less of a real religion and more of a *gives-authority-the-finger* thing. Or at least, that's why I'd do it, if I wasn't a Christian. XD

It would appeal to me, I think, because I know I would be drawn to spirituality. I don't know a whole ton about it, but I think it encourages morality and spirituality without giving set moral guidelines, like in other religion. A very fluffy religion. :3 With spirits and stuff, rawr! >:0

Thank God for Jesus. :3

I'd probably end up Wiccan, too, at least at first. Though I'm pretty sure I'd get sick of it and start searching for something deeper and more true, and become agnostic.

I'd just like to say if Christianity didn't exist, neither would Judaism or Islam for one reason: Christianity was not something that just happened to form out of Judaism; God had this planned for eternity. Christ had planned to die on the Cross for our sins prior to Judaism and Christ was a huge part of Judaism, as well, albeit behind the scenes. And since "the Book" (that is the OT books) would never have been written, neither would Islam have formed since it came about through Abrahamic religion, as well. This hypothetical question just seems silly and I probably took too much time to analyze it. Whatever. That's my thoughts.

I'd just like to say if Christianity didn't exist, neither would Judaism or Islam for one reason: Christianity was not something that just happened to form out of Judaism; God had this planned for eternity. Christ had planned to die on the Cross for our sins prior to Judaism and Christ was a huge part of Judaism, as well, albeit behind the scenes. And since "the Book" (that is the OT books) would never have been written, neither would Islam have formed since it came about through Abrahamic religion, as well. This hypothetical question just seems silly and I probably took too much time to analyze it. Whatever. That's my thoughts.

thats a good point actually. But if I were to answer the question, probably atheist or agnostic, because I wouldn't know that I'm missing out on anything - not knowing it in the first place.

Im well aware of this. When I say didnt exist I mean even from Gods intention for Jesus to die on the cross ; lol this isnt a trick Q just lettin ya know choose what you feel best connects with your beliefs

Ehh, probably an unsatistfied agnostic, until my searching got me sucked into some sort of cult, to be perfectly honest.

Life is kind of pointless without God. Not sure if I'd actually be alive.

Also, if God wasn't around to create the universe, I certainly wouldn't be here.

Probably just a random 'Theist'- I'd believe there was something, but I wouldn't really have any ideas what. If my family were Jewish or Muslim, I'd probably end up as one of those.