Sign in to follow this  
Maria_AMDG

What's your BirthVerse?

Dangit, I'm so tempted to put a goofy verse here and say, "Well, that explains a lot."

My fo' real verse:

Philippians 1:6 NIV

being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Interestingly enough, that's the verse my mom "prayed" for my big brother, during a hard time in his life. I'll have to tell her that it's mine. He was actually born on January 5, while I was born on the 6. So, he's just a day/verse off, I guess. :P

1 Peter 2:24 NIV

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

Figures I'd be listening to East to West when I read this. XD

Thx Maria. This site is way more inspiring then that stupid Astrological stuff which is anything but logical.

Here's mine which is simple and faith filled:

Matthew 9:21 NIV

She said to herself, “If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed.”

Interesting

1 John 3:2 NIV

Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

May 15

1 John 5:15 NIV

And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.

1 John 5:15 (KJV)

And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

*Yay! I like this verse.

Micah 4:5 NIV

All the nations may walk in the name of their gods; we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever.

John 10:3 NIV

The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.

Matthew 5:9 NIV

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

:)

Matthew 7:8

"For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Philippians 4:19 NIV

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

Wow, nice. Mine gave me a thing about Holy Spirit. I've been wondering more about Him lately. Basically it was a re-assurement God is with me <3 How sweet

This website says that there are only 66 books in the bible. That means that whatever algorithm it's using to determine my so-called "birth verse" is wrong. :-|

This website says that there are only 66 books in the bible. That means that whatever algorithm it's using to determine my so-called "birth verse" is wrong. :-|

It's not wrong because they only picked out the inspirational verses. Granted, it would be awesome to get something from Wisdom, I bet most of them are one-liners from the New Testament.

It's not wrong because they only picked out the inspirational verses. Granted, it would be awesome to get something from Wisdom, I bet most of them are one-liners from the New Testament.

I try not to use the abridged edition of the bible. The assumption of the Evangelical canon is reason enough for me to ignore something. I'd prefer to have The Odes of Solomon 8:22 as my birth verse:

And you shall be found incorrupt in all ages, on account of the name of your Father. Hallelujah.

^_^

I try not to use the abridged edition of the bible. The assumption of the Evangelical canon is reason enough for me to ignore something. I'd prefer to have The Odes of Solomon 8:22 as my birth verse:

^_^

So what you're saying is that you use the Eastern Orthodox canon of Scripture even though you have no reason to because you're Catholic and therefore accept the Authority of the Pope/Magisterium?

John 3:21

But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.

Awesome :D

Jeremiah 1:19 NIV

They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you, declares the LORD.

wow, that is definatly a good one.

So what you're saying is that you use the Eastern Orthodox canon of Scripture even though you have no reason to because you're Catholic and therefore accept the Authority of the Pope/Magisterium?

I'm in favour of a more expanded ecumenical canon of Scripture. I'm certainly not in favour of a standardised abridged edition, though.

Philippians 2:3 NIV

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."

February 3rd :)

August 17

Romans 8:17 NIV

Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.