Sign in to follow this  
ThetaSigma6

Family Crisis

My Dad went to the doctor for a nasty cold bug and got some antibiotics and some tests run on him. He started feeling better which made everyone in my family feel better because it takes a LOT to get my Dad to go to the doctor. So he was getting better and then the doctor's office calls and says that his kidneys are spilling protein. My parents talk to them and find out that protein spillage is often a sign of kidney failure. Now I know from research that the tests the doctor ran could have the results they had because dad had a high fever, but considering diabetics (which my dad is) often suffer from kidney disease and ultimately kidney failure and that his mother died from kidney failure due to her diabetes...us older kids who know are a little more than frazzled. We have to wait about three weeks to see if some special medication can make a difference to his kidneys, otherwise... Anyways, would someone please pray for my family during our crisis? Thank you and God bless you all.

I am sorry to hear of your family's situation. I will pray for your family today.

Meanwhile, has he improved any or is he still in the hospital?

Beware of doing too much medical internet searching as I know from experience that this can really frighten a person and often unnecessarily.

yeah I kinda know what that is like my father's mother will be on a machine 13.5 hours for life after her kidenys have failed due largely to being a diabetic for years.so I will pray.

Praise Report!

Dad went back to the doctor and he has zero spillage. He is going to be fine.

Thank you all for your prayers.

God bless!

ThetaSigma6