Students Suspended For Wearing 'Racist' White T-shirts

SaintPeter

*facepalm* Poor guys. Who cares if they're wearing white shirts? The principal said that the school got several complaints about a 'White Pride Group' and he wanted to put safety first >_> But... if these guys are not part of the group, it must stink to be labelled as something they're not.

Even if it was a white pride group who cares? We have gay pride groups, asian pride groups, arab pride groups all over our highschool.

That and there's also Black pride groups AND Black History month. Everyone knows that if there is White Pride Group or White History month every single news commentator would be up in arms and Rev Jesse Jackson would be the first one to dam|n all white people. It's just new racism.

EDIT: Haha the asterisks make it look like i cussed!

I seriously laughed at this, especially the asian guy who pointed out, "I'm asian." He just made the school look so stupid.

I have to say, it is a double standard, if a black guy wore a black t-shirt, would they make such a big deal? Doubt it.

I'm sure there's worse issues in that school than a group of guys wearing white t-shirts.

I doubt these boys were suspended on this incident alone. There were probably numerous incidents before the suspension regarding racist activity. I don't know about every school, but I'm certain that most schools only suspend repeat offenders. If it was on that particular incident alone (I doubt it) then yes, that was a stupid reason for suspension.

Btw there's a difference between white pride groups and Asian pride groups. I mean there's nothing wrong with Irish pride groups, it just becomes a problem when you throw in the word "white"....especially when you're in the majority. Man, I wish people in the majority would stop complaining about minorities having their own groups, months, etc. At school we have a LGBT awareness day, why in the world would we need a heterosexual awareness day? Use your brains, people.

I don't think people really want their own day. Those people just want to point out how dumb it is to have "group" days. It only perpetuates racism and division, not mend it.

That and there's also Black pride groups AND Black History month. Everyone knows that if there is White Pride Group or White History month every single news commentator would be up in arms and Rev Jesse Jackson would be the first one to dam|n all white people. It's just new racism.

"Why isn't there a Kid's Day? There's a Mother's Day and a Father's Day!" "Every day is Kid's Day."

"Why isn't there a White History Month? There's a Black History Month!" "Every month is White History Month."

Pride is different from supremacy.

That wasn't what I meant. "White Pride" is used by Neo-Nazis to cover up their actual views of white supremacy.

Besides, in my mind, a "white pride" group seems like an obnoxious reaction to other pride groups.

To quote philosopher David Ingram, who is quoted on wikipedia:

"... affirming 'black pride' is not equivalent to affirming 'white pride,' since the former—unlike the latter—is a defensive strategy aimed at rectifying a negative stereotype". By contrast, then, "affirmations of white pride—however thinly cloaked as affirmations of ethnic pride—serve to mask and perpetuate white privilege".

That wasn't what I meant. "White Pride" is used by Neo-Nazis to cover up their actual views of white supremacy.

Besides, in my mind, a "white pride" group seems like an obnoxious reaction to other pride groups.

when i hear black pride i think of the black panthers....

"Why isn't there a White History Month? There's a Black History Month!" "Every month is White History Month."

How is every month white history month? I do not believe, in the history of this country, we've ever officially or unofficially declared any month let alone any day white history month or white history day. Why wouldn't we do that? Because it's divisive and if any president attempts to do such a thing I hope it gets shot down. Keep in mind, a white president declared February black history month. We know that if a white president declares a month or day "white history ..." there would be uproar.

black pride i think of the black panthers

Agreed