Sign in to follow this  
✟ Keep.Your.Head.Up ✟

Which of these activities makes you feel closest to God?

What gives you the most faith?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What gives you the most faith?

• Reading the Bible
    • Going to Church
    • Praying
    • Other

I tend to pray for every little thing and that makes me feel like I really involve God in my life.

So I went with prayer. Reading the bible and music are also big.

reading the Bible, reading theology, prayer, and fellowship. though I just covered about everything you said so I guess I'll go with reading the Bible.

I feel closest when I study. The Bible is literally God's words that were inspired to men to write so it's like I'm hearing God speak to me directly.

At least that's how I view it, anyway. With that cognition I also pray while studying and it's like me and God are basically having a conversation. So in a literal sense it's when I feel closest to God.

Mine is at church because i have no christian friends at school so church feels like a place where i can talk to people about God and learn more about him.

Might seem strange, but seeing young children playing. It's like the embodiment of innocence, of perfection, of the love and soul that went into our creation. I always feel .... "Something" (capital S lol), it's like a kind voice in my ear that says "See? Told you I created you perfect."

Going to church and listening to my pastor. He's so smart real, and passionate about the members growing their relationship. I put this first because both of us have similar stories growing up with a muslim father so very relatable. I put reading the bible a close second.

Bible and Praying time for me...I will always treasure my quiet time with God and no distractions. I used to write in a prayer journal and really need to get back into doing that. I was looking through it the other day and I love reading how God helped me through those times of struggle and how he revealed himself to me. :)

Worship. During worship I tend to drift off and just start praying on my own for anything and everything I can think of. So I guess prayer but with Worship music playing

It's a toss up between participating in the mass (so, going to church) or serving others.

I very rarely 'feel' close to God, but if I'm going to that's where its gonna happen. I've found that to be strong my faith has to be very very active. Solitary prayer and worship are difficult for me and I've had some weird experiences with group worship outside the mass that make me kind of wary of that environment (so its hit and miss). Doesn't really matter though because, even if I don't feel that connection, I gain strength by just trying to continually orient myself towards Christ the best I know.