Sign in to follow this  
rupella

Vanity Fair executive editors vs. Sarah Palin's exit speech. ROUND ONE. FIGHT!

I mean yeah she's not that great of a speaker, has little-to-no foreign policy experience and would not be that good of a president but at what point do we say enough is enough? Here we are wasting out time with "news" stories like this while our economy flounders, fires burn more than the have in over 150 years, Japan is in a state of utter chaos and Obama enters us into yet another illegal war. Palin and her lack of literacy should be the least of our concerns.

I mean yeah she's not that great of a speaker, has little-to-no foreign policy experience and would not be that good of a president but at what point do we say enough is enough? Here we are wasting out time with "news" stories like this while our economy flounders, fires burn more than the have in over 150 years, Japan is in a state of utter chaos and Obama enters us into yet another illegal war. Palin and her lack of literacy should be the least of our concerns.

So through this time of extremes we deserve some humor.

Palin and her lack of literacy should be the least of our concerns.

No, it shouldn't. Not when she's someone that many people feel should be in charge of fixing those problems. Addressing those problems requires, at some level, considering who will be in charge of proposing and implementing solutions.

Not that I'm a Palin fan, but I've written papers that ended up looking like that--after I edited them.

Rewriting is the soul of writing.

Why do you presume to tell people whether they should laugh or riot? Of course it's important to work to make the world better--solving the sovereign debt crisis and rebuilding Japan and putting out fires are all ways of carrying out Christ's command to serve those in need.

But we are not called only to anger, or only to activism, but also to mirth and love. If some who are now in Christ think it pleases God for the moment for them to laugh, what is that to you? And if they are not Christians, all the more reason to focus on the eternal things of God and not those things of this world that are passing away--politics and wealth and rulers.

No, it shouldn't. Not when she's someone that many people feel should be in charge of fixing those problems. Addressing those problems requires, at some level, considering who will be in charge of proposing and implementing solutions.

Sure, I agree with that. But consider the lengths many have gone to destroy her and her status. She's already been shown to be quite wrong in many areas of politics on many subjects. She isn't fit to solve anyone's problems and this has been shown.

Why do you presume to tell people whether they should laugh or riot? Of course it's important to work to make the world better--solving the sovereign debt crisis and rebuilding Japan and putting out fires are all ways of carrying out Christ's command to serve those in need.

But we are not called only to anger, or only to activism, but also to mirth and love. If some who are now in Christ think it pleases God for the moment for them to laugh, what is that to you? And if they are not Christians, all the more reason to focus on the eternal things of God and not those things of this world that are passing away--politics and wealth and rulers.

You missed the point of my post, Yves. Laughing at another's expense is up to that individual. Palin has been laughed at, mocked, ridiculed and verbally destroyed a countless number of times. There comes a time when enough is really enough. And Yves, it matters to me because she's another human being who's had her fair share of mudslinging.

You missed the point of my post, Yves. Laughing at another's expense is up to that individual. Palin has been laughed at, mocked, ridiculed and verbally destroyed a countless number of times. There comes a time when enough is really enough. And Yves, it matters to me because she's another human being who's had her fair share of mudslinging.

This:

Here we are wasting out time with "news" stories like this while our economy flounders, fires burn more than the have in over 150 years, Japan is in a state of utter chaos and Obama enters us into yet another illegal war. Palin and her lack of literacy should be the least of our concerns.

does not say "be loving in your mirth," it says "stop wasting your time on stupidity." It's hostile and seems to say anyone who enjoys this article is somehow guilty of apathy about all the tragedies around the world.

Anyway, obviously we should "be loving in mirth," but this article didn't cross the line for me. It seems harmless and if I were Palin, of all the attacks out there, this is one that would make me chuckle. But, if other people think it's hateful, by all means, don't read it x3

Sure, I agree with that. But consider the lengths many have gone to destroy her and her status. She's already been shown to be quite wrong in many areas of politics on many subjects. She isn't fit to solve anyone's problems and this has been shown.

Palin is one of the front runners of Republican candidates. While she'd never win, she could influence whether Obama continues in the presidency.